13th October 2015, 02:30 PM
Unregistered

What is rate of interest of Education Loan? On what basis it is applied?

Sir,
Can you please tell me what is rate of interest in Education Loan? What is the basis of this interest applying in Education Loan? I am looking to apply for Education Loan. Kindly clarify me.

Related Questions:
  1. Which Bank offer cheapest Interest rates against Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs? Which is among Floating and Fixed interest rates better if want to repay before 1 year completing of education?
  2. Which Bank offered cheapest Interest rates against Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs? Which is among Floating and Fixed interest rates better if want to repay before 1 year completing of education?
  3. From when should I start repayment of my Education Loan taken against B.Tech course? Latest Education Loan rate of interest?
  4. WBMDFC offers Education Loan to study B.Tech? Rate of Interest charged against Education Loan?
  5. Which Bank offer Education Loan with low interest rate to study B.Tech?
  6. Can I get exemption in Interest rates of Bank Education Loan to study B.Tech being a ST candidate?
  7. IS there any interest free education loan available?
  8. How much interest will be charged on Education Loan to study MDS? Detailed information about Mode of Repayment? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Documents required to submit for Bank Education Loan to study M.Tech? For what period of time I can repay Bank Education Loan? Interest rates charged against it?
  10. Education Loan at cheapest rate of interest and tax benefits to study MBA?
  11. Why I have to repay with higher interest rate if opted for Fixed rate to study in Abroad through Education Loan provided by Indian Bank? Is there any Norms of RBI related to Fixed/Floating Interest Rates for Nationalized Banks?
  12. How can I get Education Loan of Rs 25 Lacs with low interest rate to study MS in The University of Manchester?
  13. How can I get Bank Education Loan with low interest rate to study MBBS in Russia? Mode of repayment?
  14. Can I get Education Loan again to study in IIM if interest amount is still unpaid?
  15. Can I get Education Loan again to study in IIM if interest amount still unpaid?
  16. Which Bank provides Education Loan with Low Interest Rate to study B.Tech?
  17. List of Banks which offer Education Loan at low interest rates to study B.Tech in Germany?
  18. Interest rates charges against Education Loan in State Bank of India for a candidate who want to study B.Tech in IIT?
17th October 2015, 06:24 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: What is rate of interest of Education Loan? On what basis it is applied?

The interest rates vary from time to time and the interest rate depends on the RBI policy for the interest rates.
Currently the interest rates for the Educational Loan is about 10% p.a on an average.
In SBI the rate of interest is 0.5% less than the other banks.
The basis of the interest rate depends on the RBI policy for interest rates.
18th October 2015, 03:29 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is rate of interest of Education Loan? On what basis it is applied?

The rate of interest of education loan is decided by the Reserve Bank of India It fluctuates from time to time as per Reserve Bank of India orders. The interest rate usually fluctuates between 13- 14.5 percentage. However, SBI offers 1% lesser interest rate than other banks.

The interest is computed as simple interest for the entire study period. Every time you take the loan installment, interest will be calculated on the amount loaned.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?