11th May 2011, 10:52 AM
UPESDehradun

Default Re: Mtech in petroleum engineering? higher studies and career in oil sector

Mtech in petroleum engineering is a very good option. If it is sounding so good , it will actually be very good. As we all know how much important petrol is now a days in our life, so career in this field will surely be gr8!! As you are interested in this program, let me tell you, one of my friend is also doing this program from UPES. So, you can also look for this university too, as its programs are famous in pan asia region.

28th May 2011, 08:50 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Mtech in petroleum engineering? higher studies and career in oil sector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMESS View Post
it is a nice decision to go for M.tech after B.Tech. after M.Tech scope and job opportunity will be increased.

but without M.Tech also you may join in Oil sector as an engineer. IOCL gives opportunity to the mechanical engineering student for direct interview if the candidate have valid GATE score. so be prepare for GATE examination. GATE examination syllabus is for mechanical engineering is available on the website of any IIT. you may go through it.

best wishes.
thank u

23rd June 2011, 07:23 PM
Unregistered

I am doing b.tech in mechanical engineering can i do m.tech in petroleum engineering?

19th July 2011, 09:06 PM
Unregistered

Hi This is anush from mysore...i completed my Btech in Industrial engineering . I am planning to take a mtech in petroleum engineering...
Kindly suggest me the best colleges and also reply whether industrial engg peopl can tak mechanical engg gate exam and go for petroleum engg... ppleas do reply

19th July 2011, 09:09 PM
anushpanicker

Hi This is anush from mysore...i completed my Btech in Industrial engineering . I am planning to take a mtech in petroleum engineering...
Kindly suggest me the best colleges and also reply whether industrial engg peopl can tak mechanical engg gate exam and go for petroleum engg... ppleas do reply

19th July 2011, 09:17 PM
anushpanicker

25th September 2011, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

hello sir can i do master in petroleum engineering after complete B.sc (Industrial Chemistry). can i eligble?

4th October 2011, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

does petroleum technology come under production and industrial sector. if not then how to apply for petroleum technology in gate.

4th November 2011, 10:36 PM
Unregistered

i passed out B.sc frm PCM & now pusing M.sc frm environmental science . can i do M.tec frm petroleum engg??

9th December 2011, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

can I do m.tech in petroleum field after m.sc chemistry......?

9th December 2011, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

Can I do M.Tech in petroleum field after M.Sc with chemistry...........?

14th February 2012, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

Sir now i am doing b.tech on electronics and telecom from IETE delhi.sir i want to loking forward to a career in oil sector.sir can i apply for job in oil sector?sir please reply me...i am still waiting for your reply.

15th February 2012, 12:15 PM
Unregistered

I AM STUDYING BTECH(ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING) .I AM INTERESTED IN DOING MTECH IN PETROLEUM ENGINEERING(FROM IIT) .CAN I APPLY OR AM I ELIGBILE FOR IT?

12th May 2012, 12:57 AM
Unregistered

sir. i got a call for counselling in ism dhanbad.i scored 723 rank in gate and want to pursue masters in petroleum engineering. may i know its placement statistics as if i will take admission in ism, i will have to submit my original gate score card.but i am waiting for 2nd or 3rd list of ict mumbai. i am totally confused.plzz guide me sir as counselling is on 20th may.plzz reply asap!!

9th June 2012, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

MY NAME IS VIVEK,NOW I AM IN LAST YEAR OF CIVIL ENGINEERING AND THINKING MTECH IN GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEERING,CAN I GET JOB IN OIL COMPANIES???????

13th June 2012, 07:17 PM
sheshadev senapati
Senior Member++

hello dear
After completing your b.tech you have decided well to go for m.tech.

For great career prospect Iwill advice you to go for m.tech in petroleum engineering from IIT-M it is well known for its petroleum engineering department,for it you have to crack GATE,which you are going to appear.

Or you can also opt for M.tech (applied) petroleum engineering offered by The Nowrosjee Wadia College, which is affiliated to University of Pune.

Or you can also opt for M.tech petroleum refining and petrochemicals,offered by Anna university,admission through TANCET.

For GATE preperation I will advice you to opt for a good coaching institute,because if you want to persue M.tech (petroleum engineering) from IIT-M you have to score well in GATE,which is not so easy.
however,you can refer to the books Tata mcgraw & hill's.
thank you

9th October 2012, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am akash, completed piping design engineering with pdms after my btech in mechanical engg.. What are the higher study option available for me to get a good career in oil sector..

9th October 2012, 10:29 PM
RAHUL K0

Apply for the petroleum engg. as filling the application form of GATE.
If you are not getting job after completing Btech in petroleum engineering & you are interested in higher studies then i would suggest you to do MBA. You can choose from among a no. of electives in MBA including mba in petroleum management to build you career.

12th May 2013, 06:45 PM
Unregistered

I am final year student in petroleum engineering and i want to do m.tech...in the same field.But i heard that their is no direct entrance for petroleum engg in gate. so,please advice me what to do........

13th May 2013, 10:50 AM
sandeepd942

I am final year student of petroleum Eng and i want to do m.tech in the same field. But i heard that their is no direct entrance for petroleum students in gate is it right or not .
please advice me.....

4th July 2013, 10:23 AM
Unregistered

How can i go for mtech in petroleum engineering after btech in electronics?

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?