18th March 2013, 12:53 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is M.Tech is necessary after MCA to make a good career?

I HAVE GOT 10788 RANK IN GATE I AM CURRENTLY IN MCA 6TH SEM, CAN ANY BODY TELL ME, HOW USEFUL IF I WILL GO FOR MTECH?
18th March 2013, 12:14 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

A lot of people dont know that after completing MCA, you can apply for the M.Tech course is computer science and related streams. It is generally believed that to appear for M.Tech, the candidate must have passed B.Tech.

However it is not the case. Even candidates who have completed MCA or M.Sc are eligible for the Master of Technology course. The procedure to apply is also the same. You will have to appear for the General Aptitude Test for Engineering also known as GATE entrance exam.

Now coming to your question. Firstly I would like to mention that the course of M.Tech won't be the same as Master of Computer Applications. Secondly, it is not mandatory to do M.Tech after MCA.

Generally it is not recommended to do M.Tech after MCA course. The candidate is only advised to do so if he/she is not getting good job after completing MCA. This will also be my advise to you. Please only apply for the Master of Technology if you are not getting good job upon completing of MCA.

In most cases MCA degree alone is good enough to get good job. But a lot depends on how you have performed throughout the academic career. Your percentage in 10th, 12th, graduation and post graduation will be evaluated by the companies before offering job.

Most big companies need candidate to have scored at least 60 percent marks in 10th, 12th, graduation and post graduation as well. For candidates who are not meeting this criteria, there are SME companies that will also offer good jobs.
6th May 2013, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

which job can i get with BCA MCA M.TECH ?
17th January 2014, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

i am currently working as lecturer after MCA, do i have good career if i do Mtech in teaching career ?
6th April 2014, 12:10 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

I don't think it is a good choice of opting for M.Tech course soon after the completion of MCA course.

Because both the courses that you mentioned like
MCA
M.Tech
are Post Graduation level courses.

Soon after the completion of any of these courses, you will be eligible to get the job opportunities in various IT companies by cracking the following selection procedure
Written Exam
Group Discussion
Technical Interview
HR Interview

So, no need of doing M.Tech course after MCA for better career scope.

If you join in job, you will get 2 years of industry experience by the time you complete M.Tech course.

But I suggest you to join M.Tech course only when you get admission for this course in IITs.

You will be offered top salaries after doing M.Tech course from IITs.

To get admission in IITs, you have to get good rank in the GATE Entrance Exam.

Choose the best choice as per your interest and opt for it.

Wish you all the best.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?