10th November 2010, 10:26 PM

Scope in Biotechnology?

what is the scope in biotechnolgy field.?is there having chances of good job

Related Questions:
  1. What is the further scope in Biotechnology? Can a student with 75% join Biotechnology?
  2. B.Sc(genetics or biotechnology) or BE(biotechnology): Course with better scope for getting a job?
  3. Scope of phd in biotechnology after msc biotechnology?
  4. Should I do Mtech in biotechnology after doing btech in biotechnology? what is the scope? India or abroad? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. What is the scope of MBA biotechnology?
  6. Scope in food biotechnology & bioprocessing
  7. Scope in Biotechnology Field after M.Tech in Biotechnology?
  8. Is it necessary to do M.Tech. to get a good job just after B.Tech. in biotechnology? What is the scope of biotechnology studies?
  9. Integrated course in M.Tech (Biotechnology) from JNU? Syllabus? Career options and scope of biotechnology in India?
  10. Is there any scope for Biotechnology in India?
  11. Which course should I opt for M.Sc among Biotechnology, Biochemistry and Nanotechnology pursuing B.Sc in Biotechnology? Career scope of Nanotechnology course?
  12. What is the scope of Biotechnology after MSc in Biotechnology? How much is the package?
  13. Detailed information and scope of B.Sc(Biotechnology) course? Can I get good salary after completing B.Sc(Biotechnology)?
  14. Information about vacancies in BSNL JTO(Telecom) and BSNL JTO(Electrical)?
  15. MS in biotechnology programme after Msc Biotechnology: Colleges, Eligibility, Scope, Admission procedures?
  16. What is the career scope for B.Tech in Biotechnology students? -- [New]
  17. Scope after completing Diploma in Biotechnology? Expected salary and best steps to be taken?
  18. What is the scope in Biotechnology?
10th November 2010, 11:35 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Scope in Biotechnology?

Hello Friend,
In the field of Biotechnology there is definitely good scope provided you hold a masters degree in biotechnology. According to sources in the upcoming years there will be lots of opportunities in this field because more than 150 foreign firms are planning to outsource research and devlopment jobs to India. At present a qualified biotechnologist can work as researcher at pharmaceutical, biotech company and goverment bodies. they can also work as Manager in agri-biotech firms and also as teacher.
10th November 2010, 11:46 PM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

hi friend,

Biotechnology field has its distinguished research-oriented work in diverse fields such as agriculture, animal husbandry, pharmaceuticals, textiles, chemicals, genetics and environmental sciences. By Biotechnology's aid researchers have been able to improve the quality, nutritional content and yield of food products, alter genetic defects in animals and humans, create pesticides that protect crops without harming consumers, deal with wastes in an environment friendly manner and so on.

As ongoing research keeps extending the horizons of knowledge, the scope of this field remains virtually infinite, making BT the hottest career avenue today, after IT. Some other major areas of work in this field include Bioinformatics, Industrial Research & Development, Academic Research, Marketing & Planning, Plant Biotechnology and Biomedicine.

You can work in teaching line also as a substitute of life sciences i.e. B. Sc Biol/Zool/Microbiol/Biochem/Agri/Vet Sc) subjects. Since they all have common roots.
11th November 2010, 12:12 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend

There are very good scope of biotechnology in present, biotechnology is a new techniques to create better in genetics engineering.

Biotechnology has large scope because biotech is an upcoming and a bright field in india specially because of its use in study of human genetic.

It is not a hard subject it is simple but do practice regularly and ready regularly.

So, dont worry, Biotechnology has a great future. The biotechnology professionals can get good jobs in the pharmaceutical companies, agricultural, chemical and allied industries.

So, there is a great scope for career in biotechnology in India as well as abroad.
11th November 2010, 07:28 AM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hiii..

Scope in Biotechnology
Biotechnology field has its distinguished research-oriented work in diverse fields such as agriculture, animal husbandry, pharmaceuticals, textiles, chemicals, genetics and environmental sciences. By Biotechnology's aid researchers have been able to improve the quality, nutritional content and yield of food products, alter genetic defects in animals and humans, create pesticides that protect crops without harming consumers, deal with wastes in an environment friendly manner and so on.

As ongoing research keeps extending the horizons of knowledge, the scope of this field remains virtually infinite, making BT the hottest career avenue today, after IT. Some other major areas of work in this field include Bioinformatics, Industrial Research & Development, Academic Research, Marketing & Planning, Plant Biotechnology and Biomedicine.

You can work in teaching line also as a substitute of life sciences i.e. B. Sc Biol/Zool/Microbiol/Biochem/Agri/Vet Sc) subjects. Since they all have common roots.

good luck.
22nd January 2011, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

PLEASE TELL ME THE NAME OF INSTITUTES WHCH OFFER M.TECH IN VETENIRARY SCIENCE AND AGRICULTURE AFTER B.TECH IN BIOTECHNOLOGY?
27th January 2011, 11:55 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Friend;
Biotechnology is the one of the fastest emerging field and is increasingly becoming the favorite among the medical student. In the field of Biotechnology there are large scope for the student who is doing Biotechnology. After completing these course you can get a good job in a big medical company. Many college give campus placement after completing these course.
all the best.
4th February 2011, 06:32 PM
Ankur agrawal

hey ...
Biotechnology is a resrerch site of medical area definatly u got a great scope in that field if u done ur master on that resrerch is unbeaten runninig area in market so it is life long also .. sure u will get a good job
10th March 2011, 10:11 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

SCOPE OF BIOTECHNOLOGY:

Biotechnology is research oriented field.You can go in R & D labs or institutes.
Career in Biotechnology offers various employment opportunities in research, marketing and production in the fields like medicine and healthcare, animal husbandry, agriculture and environment industry.

Some of major organizations in India offering good career in Biotechnology include Hindustan Lever Ltd, Bivcol, India Vaccines Corporation, Indo-American Hybrid seeds, IDPL, Biocon India Ltd, National Botanical Institute, Tata Engineering Research Institute, Hindustan Antibiotics and National Chemical Laboratories.
11th March 2011, 03:14 PM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Hello,

Biology and Technology makes Biotechnology.

In Biotechnology we study about biological organisms through technological applications.

Biotechnology can be used as an effective tool for food production, food storing, environmental conservation and preservation etc.

Basically In Biotechnology we study about Tissue culture, Stem cell techniques, Immuno-technologies and Photosynthetic etc.

The Scope of Biotechnology in India is very wide and the future of Biotechnology in India is very bright.

All the Best
15th March 2011, 12:25 AM
ritakumar

I hv done my BSc biotech..I m plannin to do MBA in healthcare...Is this a good option?...what would we the job opportunities?
21st March 2011, 12:11 AM
Unregistered

m doing industrial biotechnology lll rd year . What job can i expect after my btech.
2nd April 2011, 09:58 PM
swati biswas

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
what is the scope in biotechnolgy field.?is there having chances of good job
dear friend,

Biotechnology is the research-oriented science including a fusion of biology and technology. This study includes a large variety of subjects including Biochemistry, Genetics, Microbiology, Chemistry, Virology, Immunology and Engineering. It is associated with other subjects such as Health and Medicine, Cropping System and Crop Management, Agriculture and Animal Husbandry, Soil Science and Soil Conservation, Ecology, Bio-statistics, Cell Biology, Seed Technology, Plant Physiology etc. Biotechnology features the use of living cells and bacteria in the industrial process. Biotechnology can be applied in developing various vaccines, medicines and diagnostics, improving energy production and conservation and increasing productivity. There is a great scope for career in biotechnology in India as well as abroad. Career in Biotechnology offers various employment opportunities in research, marketing and production in the fields like medicine and healthcare, animal husbandry, agriculture and environment industry.

Scope of Biotechnology in India
Career in Biotechnology is a good option in India as the country has witnessed remarkable growth in biotechnology sector. India has become one of the best destinations for biotechnology industry due to good network of research laboratories, rich biodiversity, well developed base industries, rich agriculture sector and trained manpower. The biotechnology professionals can get good jobs in the pharmaceutical companies, agricultural, chemical and allied industries. They can get the employment in the areas of production, planning and management of bioprocessing industries. The biotechnologists have a great scope in the research laboratories. The biotechnologists in India get employed in various government-based and private universities and research institutes as research scientists or assistants.

Organizations offering Career in Biotechnology :

Some of major organizations in India offering good career in Biotechnology include Thapar Group, Hindustan Lever Ltd, Bivcol, India Vaccines Corporation, Indo-American Hybrid seeds, IDPL, Biocon India Ltd, National Botanical Institute, Tata Engineering Research Institute, Hindustan Antibiotics and National Chemical Laboratories.

Biotechnology courses Institutes in India

A career in Biotechnology can really be rewarding in India. One can select the under-graduate courses like B.Sc. B.E. and B. Tech. in Bio tech.The post-graduate courses like M.Sc, M. Tech and MBA are also available.

Some of the most popular institutes in India offering biotechnology courses are University of Pune, Sinhagad College of Science in Maharashtra, Al-Ameen College, Mahatma Gandhi University, Mohanda College of Engineering & Technology in Kerala, Amity Institute of Biotechnology, Indian Institute of Technology and University of Delhi in Delhi, Anna University in Tamil Nadu, Guru Nanak Dev University and Punjab University in Punjab.

all the very best
11th June 2011, 05:54 PM
Unregistered

i have joined for bsc.biotechnology,can i hope for a very bright future?what are the courses that i can choose after this ?
29th August 2011, 09:45 PM
jitendra11117

hi friend
in biotechnology you can go in government job directly
by this course you can go in medical field . you can try about compounder in hospital
19th February 2012, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

I have done my bachelors degree with honours in zoology , can I take up biotechnology for my post graduate??
15th October 2012, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

hai my name is jyothi i completed b-tech biotechnology with 84% from a well known university with 1 research paper and 1 technical paper from microbiology and nanotechnology but i dont know wahts wrong with my profile ,iam not getting job any where...i applied for many bio,pharma,agri companies they were hesitating to take me. i dnt know wahts the problem is... please kindly let me know any jobs matches to my profile please.......
15th October 2012, 12:16 PM
jyothihathibelagal

my name is jyothi i completed b-tech biotechnology with 84% from a well known university with one technical and one research paper.. i dnt know wahts the reason for not getting job to me?? i appiled for many bio,pharma,agro companies but of no use. please suggest me some jobs which matches my profile please.......
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?