23rd May 2017, 10:39 AM
mnitika07

Actuary after 12th if interested in mathematics

I am Nitika Maheshwari from Aligarh. I want to know about actuary. Is it good to do after 12th? I am too confused what to do. Please help me by solving my queries.

Related Questions:
23rd May 2017, 01:41 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Actuary after 12th if interested in mathematics

Actuarial science is the discipline applies Mathematics and statistics methods to access risk in insurance, finance, and other industries and professions. The professionals who qualified in this field through intense and education and experience.

This course includes a number of interrelated subjects, including mathematics, statistics, probability theory, finance, economics and computer science.

To study this course the eligibility and procedure is mentioned below:

Eligibility criteria:
- Age should be minimum 18 years and there is no upper age limit.
- You need to complete you 10+2 with minimum 85% in mathematics/ statistics.
- Graduates or post graduates should have 55% in mathematical subjects or statistical subjects like applied mathematics, mathematical statistics, econometrics, computer science etc.
- Candidates from CA/ CS/ CWA/ MBA (finance)/ PGDBA are eligible for actuarial science.

Procedure for studying actuarial science:
- ACET (Actuarial Common Entrance Test) is the entrance exam conducted by the institute of actuarial science. You need to clear the examination. This exam is conducted twice every year.
23rd May 2017, 04:36 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: Actuary after 12th if interested in mathematics

Actuarial science is a very good course for your career but you should pursue it only if you are interested in maths/statistics. Candidates who have completed intermediate with minimum of 85% in mathematics or statistics. To get admission you have to give entrance exam. Duration of this course is not fixed. Whenever you clear all the 15 papers you will complete the course. Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?