27th May 2010, 12:36 AM
Unregistered

After Btech in Biotechnology: Mtech or MS? Which post graduation course to do?

What is the best option after b.tech..it is m.tech or ms....i am a b.tech/biotech student...what are the courses in m.tech and ms?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the difference between pursuing MBA and M.Tech?
  2. Future after doing post graduation in Biotechnology? Why Biotechnology is not introduce at +2 level?
  3. After Btech in Biotechnology: Mtech or MS? Which post graduation course to do? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Future of post graduate in Biotechnology? Why Biotechnology is not introduced at level 2?
  5. Which are the universities offering M.Tech industrial biotechnology course? What is the scope of industrial biotechnology in India
  6. List of top 20 colleges for M.Tech in Biotechnology? Are there any coaching institutes available?
  7. Which field I can go for doing Post graduation course after completion of B.Sc Biotechnology?
  8. Mtech in Biomedical Engineering after Btech in Industrial Biotechnology?
  9. Apart from teaching profession which are the other career opportunities available after M.Tech?
  10. Which post graduation course should we prefer after B.Sc Biotechnology?
  11. What are the post graduation course I can do after completion of B.Sc Biotechnology course?
  12. What should I prefer after B.Tech? Should I prefer job or PG?
  13. How can I do M.Tech in Industrial Biotechnology? I have completed B.Tech in Biotechnology
  14. Can I do post graduation in Forensic Science after completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology?
  15. How to do PG in the field of computer language? I want to pursue PG in Biotechnology
  16. How to do Mtech in biotechnology from abroad after btech in biotechnology from India?
  17. Am I eligible to apply for B.Ed course after completion of graduation and post graduation in Biotechnology? -- [New]
  18. What jobs I can get after the completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology? Which is a good choice to earn more money between M.Tech in Biotechnology and MBA in Biotechnology?
23rd June 2010, 02:04 AM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After Btech in Biotechnology: Mtech or MS? Which post graduation course to do?

obviously build up your carrier by joining m.tech .m.tech in biotechnology gives you mre opportunities.
23rd June 2010, 03:12 PM
lonelyryan

Default Re: After Btech in Biotechnology: Mtech or MS? Which post graduation course to do?

in case of b tech in bio tech ........m tech is having more good.............scope in future
24th June 2010, 12:49 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Both are having great scope. MS is considered better than MTech but MTech also is great.

For MS you will need to answer GRE or TOEFL and for MTech GATE entrance exam. For MS your English and Aptitude will be tested and for GATE more of your knoledge in the subject is tested

So choose whichever you feel. You can answer both exams. If you get one surely go for it.
24th June 2010, 01:21 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Yeah both have Good and promising Career oppurtunities.

But, comparetively between MS &.MTech M.Tech in India M.Tech takes a good lead, because there are very few institutes in India for persuing MS, besides this the quality and the value which are required for MS degree can not be found in India.

So, if you want to do MS then better go Abroad, or Simplely opt for M.Tech. If you want to study M.TEcha from a good institute then better go through GATE and score very well.
24th June 2010, 07:42 AM
August
Senior Member+

why u Will take MS AFTER COMPLETING b.tech(biotech)?

MS is not bad but its not ur line

so u take M.TECH it will give u more scope for ur carrier .

so dont hesitate and go 4 it.

all the best.
24th June 2010, 08:17 AM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

MS or M.Tech, both are good in their own way.
To pursue your M .Tech degree you need to attempt GATE examination.
GATE don`t have English section. It is totally subject based.
And you have to face GRE-TOFEL examinations to if you want to pursue MS degree.

So, for doing your M Tech degree you must be strong enough to crack GATE examination where as, for pursuing MS you need to have great grip over English and aptitude.

More over, If you want to go for Research side then you can prefer M Tech rather than MS and if you want to get a job and settle as a software engineer then go for MS.

Now it is your choice to find your way.
24th June 2010, 02:52 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

dear friend

I think you should go with your interest. But, after B.tech in Biotechnology, MS is best
option for you and you will get good jobs in future, after completing this course. So,
according to me, MS is best option than M.tech.......
24th June 2010, 02:56 PM
drdo99
Banned

career is your own stage of evolvement.
to make pace in the growing path of biotech ,seek out mtech in india.
ms is very good for global countries.
24th June 2010, 06:44 PM
sital

dear friend,
after B.tech in biotechnolgy it will be better if you go for M.Tech.
but both are good MS & M.tech but it depends upon you in which of these you have interest.
for M.Tech you have to clear GATE exam to get good college and you have to score good percentile.
27th June 2010, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

after be in biomedical engineering, what is best MS/MTECH?
28th June 2010, 06:51 PM
compaq123
Senior Member+

dear friend
you can complete b.tech with good percentage then you can do m.tech.this exam conduct by iit i.e. gate.so you can qualified it then you can get admision in iit department.
good luck
29th June 2010, 02:17 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
after be in biomedical engineering, what is best MS/MTECH?

If you want to explore your Career in Research field then go for MS Degree.

Otherwise M.Tech is best for getting into MArket.

Also India has not well Infrastucture for providing MS Degrees. Only IIT's and BITS have comparetively good facility for it otherwise I dont think anyone.

So, check out weather you want to go in Research or Academics or Directly in Job MArket an then decide.

Reagards
~Faiyaz~
29th June 2010, 07:34 AM
compaq123
Senior Member+

hello friend
your b.tech percentage is good at least 80% then you can get admission of m.tech on the basis of gate exam conduct by iit deparment. and you are a elligible student.
29th June 2010, 01:01 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

Post Re: After Btech in Biotechnology: Mtech or MS? Which post graduation course to do?

You should do M.TECH for technical fields or intrested in marketing may do MBA from your stream in researching fields which is exploring nowerdays is MS and giving good job opportunities specially in genetics. From my side you should go for MS.
29th June 2010, 07:27 PM
Senior Member+++

if you wanna go in research field then go for ms degree and to enter into the market you should opt for m.tech
29th June 2010, 07:28 PM
SJ.18
Senior Member++++

Quote:
What is the best option after b.tech..it is m.tech or ms....i am a b.tech/biotech student...what are the courses in m.tech and ms?
Hi
After B.tech in biotechnology you must choose M.tech.
In comparison of MS, M.tech have good scope in india.
And also you will earn good package in future.
Its basically depend on your interest too that you are interested in research then go for MS.
Good luck
3rd July 2010, 02:54 PM
Unregistered

what are the career options after b.tech in E.C.E
5th July 2010, 09:14 AM
Unregistered

i m pursuing M.sc in biotechnology? can i take admission in Mtech
11th July 2010, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

which are the best universities in US for MS after biomedical engineering?
12th July 2010, 12:16 AM
pinnache

mtech is more valuable.
you can try at nit allahabad,durgapur,bhopal,rourkela,theu have seats in biotech.
12th July 2010, 03:37 PM
kshitijawadhiya

Quote:
you must opt for MS in biotech. in a foreign college ..
you would be having best ever possible future
15th July 2010, 08:30 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

Both are good MS & M.tech but it depends upon you in which of these you have interest.If you want to go for Research side then you can prefer M Tech rather than MS and if you want to get a job and settle as a software engineer then go for MS.for M.Tech you have to clear GATE exam to get good college and you have to score good percentile.
4th August 2010, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

UK,Canada,US..which of these have good opportunities after MS in biotechnology ? ?
4th August 2010, 04:40 PM
Unregistered

please provide the list of university college providng MS course for biotech students as well as those providing scholership
-sweetu
28th August 2010, 02:56 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,
MS and M.Tech are likely same for PG courses.
you can go for one of those.
For MS you will need to sit in GRE or TOEFL ,as well as your English & aptitude capabilities.

for M.Tech GATE entrance exam,in which you need much more knowledge in your subject.

According to me knowledge is every thing to get a job ,so M.Tech is better for you.

Good luck.
29th August 2010, 03:10 AM
cenaetion
Senior Member+

dear friend,

As you have done your Btech in bio technology, then it will be better for you to go for Mtech..

now a days Bio technology has a huge demand, so after doing master degree there is a chance to get a good job..

MS is also good, but in India there is no such good fecility for MS ..for that you have to go Abroad..

now you decide where to go..

all the best..
31st August 2010, 02:06 PM
Unregistered

After B.tech in Biotechnology can I go for M.Pharma or M.tech in Microbiology
31st August 2010, 08:47 PM
KHAN20

Thumbs up Re: After Btech in Biotechnology: Mtech or MS? Which post graduation course to do?

dear friend
according to my opinion M.TECH will be the right choice.because after b.tech if u do M.TECH.then it will be more benificial for u to implement the knowledge in ur departmental subject.besides for M.TECH there r many job option.u may go in teaching sector.
or if u r interested to work in company then i think u may get big post plus more salary in any company than ant b.tech holder student.or during interview of any exam u get advantage than b.tech student.
so take decission & make ur bright future.
good luck.
21st September 2010, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

how does an mba(biotech) , after btech(biotech) , stand in the market today ?
22nd September 2010, 12:40 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
After B.tech in Biotechnology can I go for M.Pharma or M.tech in Microbiology

Quote:
i m pursuing M.sc in biotechnology? can i take admission in Mtech
Yes it is possible to persue M.Tech for both of you.

You have to pass GATE entrance exam, for persuing M.Tech from a good Institute weather it is small one or reputed one.

If you are not familiar with GATE find the complete Details HERE
22nd September 2010, 02:01 PM
avinash kr.
Banned

from my knowledge m.tech is best for you after b.tech. because after m.tech you can get a good job in a big company. thanking you.. best of luck..
22nd September 2010, 08:12 PM
mohit brh

well both have very good scope but M.Tech is better for you after B.Tech and m.tech has great job opportunity ,and it is your field. you have to qualify GATE with good percentile for M.Tech and MS is also great option but it is not easy to get admission in india you have good aptitude knowledge and english .
23rd September 2010, 03:38 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

you see, if you are interested to work with your field then you must do mtech.

specially if you want to do research oriented jobs, then MTech is compulsary.

but if you are not interested to work in your engineering field, then it is essential to do MBA.

but one things you shoud remember, for getting promotion in company, MBA is essentially required.

all the best........
25th September 2010, 09:19 PM
subhash1206

as you are b.tech student than it will be more better for you to do m.tech
because thrn you will become the master of your field
ok bet of luck
22nd September 2011, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir,
My name is Sanjay.Sir, I want to know that which degree will be the best according to quality,scope,job guarntee,money of cource?
\sir I know that for MS from abrod we have to apper for gre exam and for MTech in India we have to appear for gate exam.
Sir,there will my guarntee that I eill do My best work for that BOTH exam.
SIR,i WANT FARE ANSWER NOT DEPLOMATIC ANSWER BEAUSE I AM CONFUSED.
Sir now I am studying in Mechanical 3rd year from Pune university.
I hope you will reply me as soon as you possible.
Thank You.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?