23rd October 2011, 12:13 AM
Sainichandni

After diploma how to take admission in B.Tech 2nd year?

After diploma i want take a addmission in b.tech 2nd yr.plz tell me addmission fees in b.tech 2nd yr

Related Questions:
23rd October 2011, 10:12 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: After diploma how to take admission in B.Tech 2nd year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainichandni View Post
After diploma i want take a addmission in b.tech 2nd yr.plz tell me addmission fees in b.tech 2nd yr

Diploma students(3 years after class 12th) can join B.Tech or engineering course directly into 2nd year through the scheme known as Diploma to Degree or Lateral Entry Scheme. The basic thinking behind this scheme is that the courses of all branch is same in first year so 3 year diploma means you have already read the syllabus of 1st year of engineering.

You will have to face an examination which will be conducted by the respective institute where you want to take admission .you will need to qualify that exam and after that you will get entry directly into 2nd year of engineering course.

The disadvantage of this scheme is that This Scheme has limited opportunities means Institutes like -IITs and NITs doesn't allow this scheme so you can't get colleges like these but still there are so many colleges and institutes where you can get admission.

With Regards
ravik1214
23rd October 2011, 10:49 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: After diploma how to take admission in B.Tech 2nd year?

Quote:

How To Take Admission in B.Tech After Diploma

In order to take admissions into B.Tech after diploma..you need to appear for the lateral entry exam of your desired college..

You can contact the college in which you want to take admission in..and directly get the lateral entry forms from them..

The lateral entry exam shall test your knowledge of your diploma subject and if you clear the exam then you will get direct admission into the 2nd year of your desired college..

There are many colleges which conduct lateral entry exam for admissions like :-

LNM Institute of Technology,Jaipur
JIIT,Noida
IMS,Ghaziabad
Manipal University
AKG,Ghaziabad
JSS,Noida

and many more..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
23rd October 2011, 11:08 AM
sathish0038

Default Re: After diploma how to take admission in B.Tech 2nd year?

Quote:
Diploma students(3 years after class 12th) can join B.Tech or engineering course directly into 2nd year through the scheme known as Diploma to Degree or Lateral Entry Scheme. The basic thinking behind this scheme is that the courses of all branch is same in first year so 3 year diploma means you have already read the syllabus of 1st year of engineering.
so you should join b.tech second year directly an dqualify the entrance exam
23rd October 2011, 01:12 PM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: After diploma how to take admission in B.Tech 2nd year?

Quote:

All diploma students are not eligible to join engineering courses directly in 3rd semester . Only the diploma students (3 years after 10th) are eligible to join .

We all know that the course of first year is same for all branches in engineering .Thant's why there is no any difficulty in admitting a student directly in 2nd year ,if he/she had already completed the syllabus .

The special scheme is known as Lateral Entry or D2D(Diploma to Degree). The method of entrance depends upon the institutes .Most of the institutes conducts their own entrance exam and some conducts only personal interview and takes entry on the basis of diploma marks .so you will have to see the procedure and apply according to that .

With Regards
rchauhan294
23rd October 2011, 01:14 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Yes, after completion of diploma you can join in B.tech 2 year directly through lateral entry exam..
After qualifying in lateral entry exam you will get a chance to take admission in B.tech course..
Different states organize different lateral exams... So, you need to appear in that exam, and then you have to qualify the exam..

All the best..
23rd October 2011, 03:07 PM
sutenu sen

Hello friend,

It is for Diploma students who have completed a 3 years of diploma after class 12th, that you can join B.Tech or engineering course directly into 2nd year through the scheme known as Diploma to Degree or through Lateral Entry Scheme. The basic thinking behind this scheme is that the courses structure of all branch is same in first year and you have already read the syllabus of 1st year of engineering in the span of your 3 years diploma. More over You will have to face and you will need to qualify in the examination that is conducted by the respective institute. After that you will get entry directly into 2nd year of engineering course.
23rd October 2011, 04:05 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi Dear
After Diploma you go for doing Degree engineering that's good.
For this you have to go for some procedure

*Candidate give the engineering entrance exam
*if you get a good rank then you able to admission in good college
*after complete your diploma then you join in as lateral entry means after diploma you do not join first because all student reads the fundamental of engineering in diploma so they could not read any more.

So after diploma you able to admission in good college............
16th March 2014, 12:46 PM
riyaz m nadaf

sir can i get b.tech in nit suratkhkal mangalore but i have comleted diploma after 10th & im not doing pu science
3rd June 2015, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

How can I join in jntu kondagattu 2nd year mechanical by the ecet (diploma).can I plz answer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?