8th June 2011, 01:10 PM
fazalhmd35

After scoring 86% in 12th what to choose? Is B.Tech a better option than BCA?

Hi..i am a science student here..n just passed out isc this year..and got 86%...and now i am confused what shud i go for...??and i just gave wbjee bt missed out aieee..!and m awaiting for itz results...well i am interested in goin for b tech or bca...!bt i dont know how??hlp??

Related Questions:
  1. Which course should I choose after passing 12th? What is the scope in BCA? How much does a BCA student earn?
  2. BCA or B.Com from GNIIT: better option after 12th standard with commerce? Percentage required in 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. What to do after 51% marks in commerce?
  4. Which is the best option after BCA between MSc, MCA and MBA? If MSc then which field to choose between IT and CS? Best colleges in Indore for the courses?
  5. Which degree is better after completing my 11th PUC in commerce?
  6. Am I eligible to study BCA if qualified 12th without Maths?
  7. Courses that can be done after 12th? Which course do i have to pursue to choose between BCA and BSc?
  8. Which degree is the best to join after inter?
  9. Better career option after 5 years : BTech or BCA/MCA?
  10. What is the best option after B.Tech IT?
  11. Which is a better career option among MBA and MCA after BCA?
  12. Can I get admission in BCA after scoring 43% marks in 12th
  13. What career option should I choose after passing 12th in commerce?
  14. Is it beneficial to study BCA in IGNOU? Whether IGNOU offered placement to BCA candidate? Scope of doing BCA in IGNOU?
  15. Top BCA colleges or universities in which I can get after scoring 56.2 in 12th? What is the last date to apply and exam pattern?
  16. Which course is a best choice for me in Graduation after scoring 60% of marks in 12th class from Science stream?
  17. What should I do after completion of 12th if I have taken bio-maths subject? -- [New]
  18. What are the job opportunities after completing BSc in Hospitality Studies other than Jobs in Hotels?
18th September 2011, 04:24 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: After scoring 86% in 12th what to choose? Is B.Tech a better option than BCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalhmd35 View Post
Hi..i am a science student here..n just passed out isc this year..and got 86%...and now i am confused what shud i go for...??and i just gave wbjee bt missed out aieee..!and m awaiting for itz results...well i am interested in goin for b tech or bca...!bt i dont know how??hlp??
After scoring 86% in 12th what to choose? Is B.Tech a better option than BCA?

According to marks you have got in class 12th ,you are a good student and it would be better for you to go for B.Tech rather than going for BCA because after completing BCA ,you will have to complete MCA for getting good salaried job and there is only a difference of 1 year in B.Tech and B.C.A course duration .

BCA takes 3 years and B.Tech takes 4 year.

Since you are a good student ,i will suggest you to go for preparation of exams like -IIT-JEE and AIEEE. these exams are considered as best engineering entrance exams and if you can crack these exams, you will difinitely get good colleges like IITs and NITs .

You will hardly find any good salaried job after completing BCA .

With Regards
ravik1214
18th September 2011, 05:02 PM
praveendia

Default Re: After scoring 86% in 12th what to choose? Is B.Tech a better option than BCA?

hey what type of confusion.u had gud score in 12 and if ur fundamentals are cleared.in my opinion u go for btech.and if u having interest in computer go for btech in conputer science. it etc.but still i tell u final decision always be urs.so make a gud decision for ur future.best of luck
18th September 2011, 05:05 PM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

Default Re: After scoring 86% in 12th what to choose? Is B.Tech a better option than BCA?

DEAR FRIEND ,

after the good percentage in the 12th exam you better choose the b.tech course rather than BCA for the better future.

because the placements of the candidate belonging to the b.tech degree gets good jobs in the technological field than the bca aspirants.

b.tech involves the knowledge of different technological subjects and the BCA is course which involves the knowledge about the computer field.

accoeding to me , you are the student who can take admission in the best technical institutes such as IIT'S OR NIT'S through the exam of the IITJEE AND AIEEE respectively.
to know more about the iitjee exam kindly visit the website www.iitjee.org
to know more about the aieee exam kindly visit the website www.aieee.nic.in

thanks and best luck
18th September 2011, 06:10 PM
black-demon
Senior Member+

as you got 86% in 12th, you are a good student.in my opinion B.TECH is the better option than BCA .Since you are a good student ,i will suggest you to go for preparation of exams like -IIT-JEE and AIEEE. these exams are considered as best engineering entrance exams and if you can crack these exams, you will difinitely get good colleges like IITs and NITs .

thanks !!!
18th September 2011, 06:31 PM
dil-jale

hi dear
your result is very good . so , from my suggestion you should go for B.TECH degree

because, B.TECH is very good from bca. your future is bright in it if you qualify exam like IIT AND AIEEE.
if you got in NIITs or NITs colleges then your job will secure.
after completing B.TECH you can also go for M.TECH degree.

thanks
18th September 2011, 06:47 PM
ashish raikwal

Wink RIs B.Tech a better option than BCA?

hello fazal i am btech from iit roorke a am also very confued like you but after knoeing my capabilities i choose btech.well we have to plan according to our capabilities if you like bca then go for it otherwise engineering is also good in my views.
18th September 2011, 08:21 PM
peterpan10
Senior Member+

You have scored 86% in your 12th standard.So you are very good in your result.You can go for BCA.But B.TECH is always a better option than BCA just because the work pressure is much more less than BCA.This good result will also help you in the time of campussing to get a job.But you have to score 70 to 80 percent in B.TECH.Then you can sit for all MNCs like TCS,CTS,WIPRO,HCL,INFOSYS etc.
you can also go for higher study like you can go for M.TECH and be a lecturer in B.TECH colleges.

Time Factor : May be B.TECH is taking 1 year extra than BCA,but the job opportunities are much more better in this line.So i will always say that B.TECH is better option.
18th September 2011, 08:22 PM
peterpan10
Senior Member+

You have scored 86% in your 12th standard.So you are very good in your result.You can go for BCA.But B.TECH is always a better option than BCA just because the work pressure is much more less than BCA.This good result will also help you in the time of campussing to get a job.But you have to score 70 to 80 percent in B.TECH.Then you can sit for all MNCs like TCS,CTS,WIPRO,HCL,INFOSYS etc.
you can also go for higher study like you can go for M.TECH and be a lecturer in B.TECH colleges.

Time Factor : May be B.TECH is taking 1 year extra than BCA,but the job opportunities are much more better in this line.So i will always say that B.TECH is better option.
19th September 2011, 12:00 AM
abhi1919

Actually both are really different
b.tech is technological
bca is of commerce
actually after b.tech you can get job easily and of more income than bca.
But if you will do mca also then you can think about it also .
19th September 2011, 12:39 AM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

I can not understand you are interested in Engineering or Medical or any general course like B.Sc,BCA,BBA or any other courses.

However,there are some entrance examination in various courses like:

if you are interested to the Engineering line:

1) All India Engineering Entrance Exam(AIEEE)
2) IIT-JEE.
3) BITS Admission Test
4) All India Common Entrance Test(AICET)
5) Indian Institute of Maritime Studies Entrance Exam(IIMSEE)
6) National Aptitude Test in Architecture(NATA)
7) National Institute of Technology (NIT)
8)WBJEE
etc.

AIEEE Exam details :-
It is a exam which enables you to admit into the engineering colleges all over india like IIT,NIT,deemed universities, government funded institutions.
Form will be published at mid of December this year.
For more update visit :www.aieee.nic.in.

IIT-JEE Exam Details :-
It is a exam which enables you to admit into the IITs.

Form will be published at November-December. So, keep checking the websites :
IIT Bombay – http://www.jee.iitb.ac.in
IIT Delhi – http://jee.iitd.ac.in
IIT Guwahati – http://www.iitg.ac.in/jee
IIT Kanpur – http://www.jee.iitk.ac.in
IIT Kharagpur – http://www.iitkgp.ernet.in/jee
IIT Madras – http://jee.iitm.ac.in
IIT Roorkee – http://www.iitr.ac.in/jee for latest updates on form publish.

BITSAT Exam Details :-
Admissions to Integrated first degree programs, at Pilani campus, Goa campus and Hyderabad Campus, will be made through a computer based online test conducted by BITS. This test is referred to as ' BITS Admission Test', in short as BITSAT.

So,keep checking the website :www.bitsadmission.com/bitsat

If you are intereseted in general college study like:

B.Sc in Physics,Chemistry,Math
B.Sc in IT,
B.Sc in Computer Sc.
BCA

If you are intersted in Management line:
BBA,
Hotel Management

If you are intereseted in accountancy :
B.Com

if you are interested for the MBBS course,there aresome entrance exams like:

1:AIIMS(All India Institute of Medical Sciences) Exam

2:AMUPMDC(Association of Management of Unaided Private Medical and Dental Colleges of Maharashtra) Exam

3:AIPMT (All India Pre-Medical Test)

4UMDET(Delhi University Medical-Dental Entrance Test)

5r.D.Y.Patil Institute All India Common Entrance Test for MBBS and BDS

6:AFMC(Armed Forces Medical College ) exam

7:AU AIMEE(Annamalai University-All India Medical Entrance Examinations)

8:CETPPMC(Common Entrance Test for Pondicherry Private Medical Colleges) exam

9:UPCMET(Uttar Pradesh Combined Medical Entrance Test)

10:MGIMS(Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Medical Science ) exam

Besides those there are some other opportunities for the service of uor own country like:
Indian Army,
http://www.indianairforce.nic.in

Indian Airforce,
http://www.indianarmy.nic.in

Indian Navy
http://www.indiannavy.nic.in
25th October 2011, 07:58 PM
SUBHO010

Smile Re: After scoring 86% in 12th what to choose? Is B.Tech a better option than BCA?

Of course B. Tech is a much better option than BCA .

As it involves a much wider scope and much deeper analysis.

The sofistication level of B. Tech courses is much hegher than that of BCa.

Also a person with the B. Tech Degree is prefered to a great extent rather than the one with BCA in almost every field.
So in short the job opportunities (which is the primary aim) is much more in case of B.Tech courses.

So I would suggest you to move forward with a B. Tech course rather than BCA.

All The Best
6th November 2011, 11:24 AM
rudramishra

According to marks you have got in class 12th ,you are a good student and it would be better for you to go for B.Tech rather than going for BCA because after completing BCA ,you will have to complete MCA for getting good salaried job and there is only a difference of 1 year in B.Tech and B.C.A course duration.
If you get admission to good colleges you can get job in a multinational companies, and there is a trend of hiring B.Tech students more these times.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?