1st July 2013, 01:38 PM
Shiv Shanker Mittal

Am I eligible for admission in IIT after having eye vision of 6/24?

sir....... my left eye vision is 6/24 with glass & right eye vision is 6/6 with glass........ am i elegible for admission in iits in gen. cat.(excldng mining & machinery)?

1st May 2014, 02:11 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for admission in IIT after having eye vision of 6/24?

There is no physical conditions for IIT admission. All you need is to clear the written test and interview. There are 15 IITs which offers various undergraduate, post graduate and research programmes. There are limited seats almost 10,000 seats in all IITs and the competition is really tough.
For under graduate courses, you need to complete the class 12 exams minimum with 60 per cent marks. You have to appear for the entrance exam conducted for IIT. Undergraduate courses are available in Aerospace Engineering
Chemical Engineering
Civil Engineering
Computer Science & Engineering Department
Electrical Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Metallurgical Engineering & Materials Science
Physics
There are post graduate level courses like M.Tech in Aerospace, Microelectronics & VLSI, Chemical, Computer Science and Engineering, Power Electronics & Power System, Mechanical, Civil, Electronic System, Communication & Signal Processing, Energy Science Engineering. M.Tech in Biochemical & Biotechnology Engineering, Process Engineering & Design, Computer Application in Chemical Engineering, Information and Communication Technology courses are also offered. There are also you have write the entrance exam and personal interview.
27th September 2015, 11:28 PM
Unregistered

What is the limit of eyesight to consider the person as a physically disabled?
16th May 2016, 05:30 PM
Unregistered

Sir, my one eye is 6/6 without glass and another eye is 6/60. Can I apply for iit in general category
21st September 2021, 10:35 AM
Unregistered

My eye vision is low can I do btech from IIT/NIT or not?
29th September 2021, 04:15 PM
Alvia Khan

I have never heard that in IIT there is any physical requirements .
But Candidates who have 12th passed with aggregate 70%marks can go for IIT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?