14th August 2012, 04:58 AM
mooly

Am I eligible to write CSIR NET Exam having completed M.Sc in Zoology in Distance Learning?

I did msc zoology through distance mode. Am i eligible to write CSIR NET ?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for CSIR-NET after distance exam in M.Sc.? What is the syllabus for the exam?
  2. Is it better to do MSc Zoology by distance learning? Name of some affiliated universities offering this programme?
  3. Am I eligible for UGC CSIR NET exam in life sciences? I have completed MSc Zoology
  4. How to take admission for correspondence course of MBA
  5. Am I eligible for CSIR exam after MSc Biotechnology? How to prepare for CSIR exam? Any books available for preparation?
  6. Am I eligible for JRF if completed M.Sc in distance mode? -- [New]
  7. Am I eligible to write CSIR-UGC NET after completing B.Tech in IT stream
  8. How to join M.Sc in Zoology through Distance Education having completed B.Sc in Zoology?
  9. MCA after B.Sc. IT through Distance Learning Mode -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Can I complete my 2nd year of PG in Zoology through distance education?
  11. Am I eligible to appear in Group 2 exam along with my distance learning degree program?
  12. Completed MSc IT(Distance Learning) from Karnataka State Open University : Am I eligible for NET exam?
  13. Study material for IFS exam if my optional subjects are Botany and Zoology? Best institutes providing the study material through distance learning?
  14. How to do MSc Zoology course after completing BSc Zoology through distance education?
  15. Am I eligible to give SSC Exam being a candidate having completed BCA from a Distance Learning Institute?
  16. How to write CSIR exam in Environmental Science as a Major
  17. Which are the MSc distance learning institutes? I have completed my BSc Biology
  18. Can I write Government Exams having completed Inter and pursuing Degree in Distance Learning?
31st December 2012, 02:25 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible to write CSIR NET Exam having completed M.Sc in Zoology in Distance Learning?

I have completed M.Sc.Geoinformatics in Gandhigram Rural Institute, Am i eligible to write UGC-NET exam in the discipline of Geography?
24th April 2013, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible to write CSIR NET Exam having completed M.Sc in Zoology in Distance Learning?

I have completed M.Sc.Geoinformatics in Gandhigram Rural Institute, Am i eligible to write UGC-NET exam in the discipline of Geography?
24th April 2013, 01:57 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

The candidates who has completed post graduation through distance education mode is equally eligible for the UGC CSIR NET exam as the candidate who has completed the exam through regular mode.

The University Grants Commission has not put any limit on distance education degree holders from appearing for the National Eligibility Test. You can appear if you have completed the degree from a UGC recognized college.

The National Eligibility Test is for college lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship at the central government funded colleges. The state levele exam for the same purpose is called State Eligibility Test.

Eligibility Criteria

1. Nationality: Only Indians are allowed.

2. Education: Min post graduation degree from UGC recognized college.

3. Percentage: 55 percent or more for General and Other Backward Class.

4. Percentage: At least 50% for Schedule Tribe and Schedule Caste.

5. Final year students too can appear.

6. But as per UGC rules they must submit degree in 2 years.

7. Attempts: No limit, appear as many times as you want.

8. Age (JRF): 28 years with 3 years relaxation for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST.

9. Age (Lectureship). Lower age is 19 while no upper age limit.
27th April 2013, 10:11 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

The University Grants Commission holds the right to conduct the National Eligibility Test twice every year.

The UGC conducts the test in the months of June and December every year for the following posts :

1) Lectureship

2) Junior Research Fellowship

The Minimum educational qualification set by the UGC for the NET Exam is post graduation in any stream with a minimum of 55% marks from any recognized university.

So , there is no need to worry that whether you ahve completed your post graduation in regular mode or in distance mode.

Only thing that you need to keep in mind that the university from which you have completed Masters Degree is recognized by UGC or not.

If your University has got UGC recognition , then there will be no problem for you in appearing for the National Eligibility Test considering taht you fulfill all the required eligibility criteria.

The Required Eligibility Criteria For NET are :

* The candidate must hold a Master`s Degree in any stream from any UGC recognized university.

* The candidate must have completed post graduation with a minimum of 55% marks.

* No age limit is there if you are applying for Lectureship.

* The age limit criteria is applicable only for the JRF Post and is 21-28 years for candidates belonging to General Category.

* Candidates belonging to Reserved Categories get relaxation in upper age as per the Govt. Rules.

* The candidate must have Indian Citizenship.

So , as you are a Master`s Degree Holder in Zoology , you can apply for the NET if fulfills the age criteria.

This is teh information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
27th April 2013, 04:00 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

The acronym NET stands for the National Eligibility Test.University Grants commission conducts this exam twice every year for the selection of candidates for the following posts:

1.Lectureship

2.Junior Research Fellowship.

Here I am explaining the details required for the NET exams:

1.Academic Requirements:

You should have minimum of master's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.Final year candidates can also apply for the exam.

If you have obtained your degree in distance mode then the institution from which you have obtained your degree should be approved by the Distance Education Council.

If it is so then you are definitely eligible for the NET examinations.

One more thing I would like to tell you that you should have minimum of 55% marks in master's degree so as to become eligible for the exam.relaxations of 5% in marks is applicable for the scheduled caste and tribes.

2.Age criteria :

The minimum age limit is 21 years and upper age limit depends upon the post:

>>For example it is 28 years for the JRF.

>>For Lectureship ,there is no upper age limit.

Competition is healthy and you should have good knowledge in your stream if you really want to crack the NET exams.The modified important dates for the UGC NET 2013 June exam are as below:

Last date of applying online and generation of filled bank challan:03/05/2013

Last date of submission of fee at any SBI branch:06/05/2013

Last date of taking print out of all application:09/05/2013

Last date of receiving application by post:13/05/2013.

Date of exam is :30/06/2013.

If you are interested to apply for the exam ,you may apply at http://ugnetonline.in

Hope the information provided by me will definitely help you.If you have any other query please leave it here.

all the best

aashisranjan784
4th July 2014, 10:34 AM
Unregistered

Iam complete my Mac in distence mode in supplymentary Iam elgeble to csir ugc exam
26th November 2014, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

Hello! i wanted to pursue Msc Environmental Science from B.R.Ambedkar university in distance mode ,as i am interested in research side & wanted to go for CSIR NET , but i have completed Btech chemical Engineering so is this PG valid & can u suggest any institute for the coaching as im not finding any in hyd,
I have another query that what will be the scope for this in future in regarding with jobs
6th July 2018, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

I have completed MSc chemistry from Madhurai kamraj University in distance education . So can i eligible for net set exam
25th June 2020, 12:58 AM
Unregistered

Can msc mlt students apply for ugc net or csir net for jrf
26th June 2020, 07:36 PM
Edu_tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed MSc chemistry from Madhurai kamraj University in distance education . So can i eligible for net set exam
Because there is no separate norms for students that have been pursued their master's from Distance Education. So any one who completed their master's degree from UGC recognized university or institute can be appeared for NET/SET exam.
11th June 2021, 11:09 PM
Unregistered

can i eligible for CSIR-NET AFTER COMPLITING DISTANCE MSC IN PHYSIOLOGY ,BUT I COMPLETED BSC HONOURS IN PHYSIOLOGY IN REGULAR MODE?
PLZ TELL ME
13th April 2022, 09:47 PM
Unregistered

I am doing MSc biochemistry from singhania University through distant education. am I eligible for NET exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?