20th May 2011, 10:02 AM
114akshat

Am I eligible for becoming an Income Tax Officer after B.Com through correspondence?

hello
i'm doing b.com correspondence after my class 12th
i'm from commerce stream
will i be eligible for becoming an income tax officer???

20th May 2011, 10:35 AM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for becoming an Income Tax Officer after B.Com through correspondence?

Yes, you will be eligible for for becoming ITO officer after completing your Graduation provided your college is govt recognized.

You can appear for any one of these:
Civil service Exam (CSE)
Staff Selection Exam (SSC)

Age requirement for SSC is 21-27, for CSE is 21-30 yrs.

Notification for CSE are published in December & for SSC in April in all National Dailies & Employment news.
20th May 2011, 11:17 AM
PRINCE_AKG
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for becoming an Income Tax Officer after B.Com through correspondence?

Income tax officer's Exam is conducted by staff selection commission(SSC).

The main objective is "To promote compliance with direct tax laws, through caring taxpayer service and strict enforcement and thus realize maximum resources for the Nation development. "

- coming to eligibility part...
you are pursuing B.Com. So first complete it with good percentage as only candidate having degree in any disciplinary from recognised university are eligible.

- The Range of age as per exam must be in between 18yrs to 27 yrs.

Along with good physical standard given below...

-> Height -> 157.5cm
-> Chest -> 81cm with a minimum expansion of 5 cm or more.

Apart from above eligibility following standards are also compulsory......

-> Having ability to complete 1600 meters running in maximum of 15 minutes.
-> cycling 8 km in maximum of 30 min.
-> good mental, physical ability to with stand any kind of task.

for more detailed information visit official link..
regards
~> @$H!$H
20th May 2011, 12:31 PM
mandiv

hello.............
for giving the exam of income tax officer one should be graduate so you will be positively eligible for it..............
there is also some physical criteria as follows:-
a)Height :157.5cm
b)Chest :81cm ,fully expanded with a minimum expansion of 5 cm
c)Physical Test:
i)Walking:1600 meters in 15 minutes
ii)Cycling:8 Km in 30 minutes

all the best
20th May 2011, 01:16 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
If the degree, you hold, is of a recognized university than it is equivalent to regular BCom and makes equally eligible for any exam conducted by UPSC, SSC and similar government bodies.
Since you are eligible, you can write an examination conducted by staff selection commission for recruitment of income tax officers.
Apart from being a graduate in any discipline, you should be within the age limit of 18-27 years, with relaxation of 3 years for candidates belonging to OBC category and 5 years for SC/ST.
The selection process includes two written examinations and an interview.
For more information, you may refer to the official website of staff selection commission.
20th May 2011, 02:46 PM
er.dellikannan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 114akshat View Post
hello
i'm from commerce stream
yes,you will be eligible for becoming an income tax officer...................................
20th May 2011, 03:59 PM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Hi friend,

If you want to become an Income Tax Officer, you have to first of all pass the Graduation Degree. There after, you have to appear for the Indian Civil Services Examination, Preliminary and Main Exam, to qualify for Interview.
The civil services exam is conducted every year by the Union Public Service Commission, New Delhi, for IAS, IPS etc. and Income Tax Officer also. So you are eligible for becoming an income tax officer after finishing your b.com.
20th May 2011, 05:20 PM
er.dellikannan

Quote:
hello
i'm from commerce stream
yes you have the eligible for becoming an income tax officer.........................................
20th May 2011, 05:21 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Hello,
For your query, qualification to appear in income tax officer exam, conducted by SSC-
*graduation from affiliated university with min. Aggregate 60%, or equivalent in any stream.
*age limit-18-27yr. On 1st july of exam year.
Hence summarizing the above fact you are eligible to appear in SSC exam, as your degree will be regarded as equivalent to the eligibility criteria.
For more information-www.ssconline.nic.in
ok, best of luck.
20th May 2011, 08:26 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hello
i'm from commerce stream
To apply for Income Tax Officer, You need a bachelor degree from a recognised University Or colleges And your age should between 18 to 27 years.

So, if you are doing your B.com Course from a recognised colleges, then definitely you are eligible for Income Tax Officer examination.

Any Regular and Correspondence degree candidates are eligible to become a Income Tax Officer. Biut for this you need to qualify in the exam conducted by Short Service Commission SSC.

The Written examination consist of General Intelligence, General English, Arithmetical Ability And from General Awareness.

And after clear the Written examination, you are eligible for Interview Round.

You have to also clear the Physical examination. And after clear all these, you will become a Income Tax Officer. So, please work Hard, If you are really interested to become a Income Tax Officer.
21st July 2011, 03:11 PM
Unregistered

hi i am b.com degree holder. will i be eligible for becoming an income tax officer??????????????

then what is the process ............
16th August 2011, 11:09 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hello
i'm from commerce stream
dear friend,

Yes , B.COM are eligible for INCOME TAX OFFICER . but your course must be approved by UGC.

Income Tax Officer Exam is conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC) to recruit the Income Tax Officer.

The eligibility criteria for INCOME TAX OFFICER :-

Eligibility criteria

1.Qualification:

you should have any degree of a recognized University, or equivalent.

2.Age:

Your age should not be not less than 18 years and not greater than 27 years on the first July of the year of examination.

3.Application form:

For the next exam the application form will be available from first week of February 2012 at SSC official website at http://www.ssconline.nic.in.

thanks
16th August 2011, 02:48 PM
Azher88

Location: 697/4, Bhola Nagar, Kotla Mubarak pur, New Delhi-110003

Quote:
hello
i'm from commerce stream
I hereby inform you in the Government job there is no any difference between regular or correspondence, both have equal value and equal job opportunity, So you can apply and you are eligible for becoming an Income Tax Officer after B.Com through correspondence
17th August 2011, 01:18 AM
anil_kumar89

Income tax officer :To become an income tax officer you need to appear for SSC exam .

Eligibility for SSC::

You must have completed your graduation .

You must be between 18 to 27 years of age .There is some relaxation in upper age for
SC/ST and OBC students.

Yes you are eligible for the exam.
17th January 2012, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

i m pursing in b.com 3rd year..... so can i apply or not???
23rd January 2012, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

i m a class 12th student and i have commerce as my subject without math can i apply for income tax officer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?