28th February 2016, 02:29 PM
bhugeswar sonowal

Am I eligible to appear for IAS exam while am 32 years old and belong to ST caste?

Sir/Mam,

MY BIODATA IS
NAME BHUGESWAR SONOWAL
CAT: ST
EQ:BA Through IGNOU
Sir can be appear this IAS exam? What is the eligibility criteria followed for appearing IAS exam? Can you please give me the information soon as possible?

Thanks!

28th February 2016, 04:42 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for IAS exam while am 32 years old and belong to ST caste?

Yes, you will be eligible to appear for IAS exam even being a 32 years old guy.

UPSC conducts civil services exam for recruitment of IAS,IPS officers.

Eligibility criteria required to appear for civil services exam :-

Nationality : Indian.

Edu. Qualification :Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Age criteria :

General category :21 years to 32 years .

OBC candidates : 21 years to 35 years .

SC/ST candidates : 21 years to 37 years .

PWD candidates :21 years to 42 years .

No. of attempts :

General category : 4 times under the creamy layer,

OBC candidates : 7 times and

SC/ST candidates : No limits .

Exam process :

*Preliminary Exam

*Main exam

*Personality Interview.
28th February 2016, 07:12 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for IAS exam while am 32 years old and belong to ST caste?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhugeswar sonowal View Post
Sir/Mam,

MY BIODATA IS
NAME BHUGESWAR SONOWAL
CAT: ST
EQ:BA Through IGNOU
Sir can be appear this IAS exam? What is the eligibility criteria followed for appearing IAS exam? Can you please give me the information soon as possible?

Thanks!
Yes, you are eligible for IAS exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam.

Age criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction
28th February 2016, 07:40 PM
kachhadiyaramesh

Yes. You are eligible to apply for IAS as you belong to ST category & have completed your graduation in B.A.

IAS Eligibility
- You must be graduate.
- Your age must be between 21 to 32 years. Relaxation applicable 3 years to OBC and 5 years to SC/ST.
- Maximum attemps allowed are 6 for UR , 9 for OBC and No limits for SC/ST.

Preparation Tips
- Start preparation atleast 1 year before so that you can give enough time for preparation.
- Read syllabus & Exam pattern carefully.
- Set your time-table for preparation.
- Use standard reference books for preparation.
- Prepare one by one topic from syllabus. After completion of each topic , Revise it & Make a note of important points.
- Solve the asked questions after completion of each topic.
- Practice more and more. It plays important role in preparation.

IAS 2016 Important Dates
- Registration Starts From : 23/04/2016
- Last Date to Apply : 20/05/2016
- Downloading Admitcards : 07/08/2016
- IAS Exam : 03/12/2016
28th February 2016, 09:21 PM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to appear for IAS exam while am 32 years old and belong to ST caste?

As you belong to ST category you are eligible to appear for the IAS examination and the minimum age limits are 21 years to 30 years only but the age relaxations are applicable up to 35 years for the ST/SC category candidates.

IAS is the Indian Administrative Services examination which is conducted by the UPSC which is Union Public Service commission and this UPSC body conducts different government sector examinations for civil services and there are certain main eligibility criteria to be possess for appearing for the IAS examination such as
  1. Should have attained 21 years and not exceed 30 years of age limit and age relaxations as OBC-33 years,SC|ST-35 years,PH-35 years
  2. Should have completed Graduation or bachelor degree in any of the discipline of study from any of the recognized body
  3. Should belong to the citizen of India only

These are the main eligibility criteria to be possessed before appearing to the IAS examination.
28th February 2016, 10:07 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. For this service, you must apply for Civil Services examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission.

Eligibility criteria:

>>You must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university. You are eligible to apply for exam after completion of Bachelor of arts from IGNOU.

Age limit:

From 2015, the age limit is 21-32 years for general category. There is three years age relaxation to OBC candidate and five years to SC/ST candidates.

You can avail upper age relaxation, so for you age limit is 21-37 years.

The notification for 2016 exam will come in last week of April.
28th February 2016, 10:17 PM
Knowledge World

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service.For this post a entrance exam is conducted by UPSE(Union Public Service Commission) once in a year.
Yes,you are eligible for this exam.
Eligibility to appear in this entrance exam is:
*The candidate applying for the exam, should be a citizen of India.
*You should have a graduation degree.
*Age limit:The candidates should be of minimum 21 years of age and maximum 32 years of age and 3 year relaxation for OBC category and 5 year relaxation for SC/ST Candidates.
*Number of attempts
General category: 6
OBC category: 9
SC/SC category: Unlimited up to age limit
28th February 2016, 10:18 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Age limit for Civil Services examination is:

*General candidate: 21-32 years.

*OBC candidate: 21-35 years.

*SC/ST candidates: 21-37 years.

Being ST category, you can apply for exam at age of 32 years.
28th February 2016, 11:01 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for Civil Services examination for recruitment as I.A.S Officer.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed graduation degree from any recognised university and age of candidate must be between 21-32 years.

There is another 5 year relaxation in upper age limit to appear for SC/ST candidates. So, you can appear for examination. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
28th February 2016, 11:05 PM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Yes, definitely you are eligible to appear in the Civil Services examination. Being a candidate of ST category you will get relaxation in the upper age.

The Civil Services examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) once in every year. To appear in this examination you must be a graduate and the age must be between 21 to 30 years. The relaxation in the upper age for the reservation category candidates are applicable as per Govt. of India.

So, don't worry as per eligibility criteria you are eligible to appear in the Civil Services examination.

For details information regarding the Civil Services examination kindly visit the official website of the UPSC - http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?