29th May 2012, 08:06 PM
geetha dhanakoti

Am I eligible to apply for IAS exam after completing B.Com in Madras University?

Hello Sir,
I am geetha completed my B.com in madras university but secured an score of 59.4% only. Am i eligible for applying IAS exams. please guide me sir whether i am eligible for applying ? my caste is MBC.

1st June 2012, 10:42 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IAS exam after completing B.Com in Madras University?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetha dhanakoti View Post
Hello Sir,
I am geetha completed my B.com in madras university but secured an score of 59.4% only. Am i eligible for applying IAS exams. please guide me sir whether i am eligible for applying ? my caste is MBC.
Madras University is recognized by University Grant Commission and therefore, the degree awarded by the university is acceptable all over India for higher studies, jobs and Competitive Examinations.

Now as far as Civil Service Examination is concerned, a graduate in any discipline is eligible to apply for it irrespective of marks obtained in the qualifying examination. So, even after scoring 59.4%, you will be considered eligible for the Civil Service Examination as you have pursued your bachelors degree program from an UGC recognized university.

The minimum eligible age to apply for the examination is 21 years and the maximum age limit is as follows:
For candidates belonging to General category: 30 years
For candidates belonging to OBC category: 33 years
For candidates belonging to SC/ST category: 35 years
2nd June 2012, 11:35 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IAS exam after completing B.Com in Madras University?

Quote:
Hello Sir,
Definitely, you are eligible for Civil services examination to become IAS Officer.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services and to become IAS Officer you have to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination. The notification of civil services examination will be Published every year in the month of February and you can fill the application form online only.

You not need to scored any minimum percentage in your graduation. If you have passed your graduate degree course, then it is enough to apply for civil services examination.

For this year examination notification was already published and the last date was already over.

If you have completed your Graduation, then please wait for next year Recruitment notification.

To apply for this examination, your age should between 21 to 30 years, upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

The examination is conducted in 2 stages, preliminary examination and Main examination. Firstly you have to cracked the preliminary examination, only then you are eligible for Main examination.

So please do not worry just wait for next notification, because you are eligible for civil services examination to become IAS Officer and for more details check official website.

www.upsc.gov.in
2nd June 2012, 12:17 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hello Sir,

Yes the students holding a degree or have equivalent qualification or are awaiting their final results are eligible for this irrespective of their passing percentage

how ever you must meet other eligibility factors also like age must be between 21 years and 30 years as on 1 August however some relaxation which is most likely of 3-5 years is also given to the candidates of Sc/ST/OBC category

There will be no limit for the number of attempts for SC/ST students but OBC students can attempt only 7 times and general category students can attempt only 4 times.

Also the candidate must be a citizen of India For the Indian Administrative Service and also for the Indian police service
2nd July 2012, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

hello,i am misha shakeel.I m doing b.com from jamia millia islamia(distance mode)now i m in 3rd year.I m eligible for IAS exam,as it is distance learning?as i m a commerce student plz guide me which subjects are better for me for qualifying this exam....
27th August 2012, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

Hi i passed my graduation with 49.1% so i just want to know i m eligible for exam or not. & if i m not than i m planning of mba with distance learning course so is there any criteria about minimum percentage in MBA exam to attempt ias exam..
11th September 2012, 09:21 AM
Unregistered

hi am renu...

i have completed my B.A ( open mode) in annamalai university scored 55% and diploma in fashion technology in govt poly.tech affilieted by anna university (DOT) 78% hons and disqualified in 2 and 26yrs now . Im qualified for I.A.S exams....some people says im not qualified please make a clear note of it...
5th October 2012, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir

hi am Narsimha Reddy.

i completed my B.A in Os mania university scored 48% and also completed, M.B.A marketing & finance scored 58% in OU, i am OC category my age is 27years by 01.01.2013. I'm eligible for I.A.S exams... some people said I'm not eligible for I.A.S please make a clear note of it.
5th October 2012, 07:39 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hello Friend..........

Sure, you are 100% eligible for IAS with your B.Com Degree

If you are want to become a IAS Officer first you can crack the Civil Examination

Civil Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission

Eligibility Criteria for Civil Examination : -

** Candidates must have a bachelor of degree in any stream from any recognized university, final students also eligible for Civil Examination.......

** Candidates age should between 21 to 30 years, and age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidates as per govt.norms as under

For SC/ST candidates 5 years relaxation

For OBC Candidates 3 years relaxation

** Candidates should be a Citizen of India

** Maximum 4 attempts for General candidates, 7 attempts for OBC Candidates and no restriction for SC/ST candidates

Selection Procedure : -

1. Preliminary Examination

2. Mains Examination

3. Interview..........etc.........

all the best..,,,,,,,,,,,

Regards...........
Tash
10th October 2012, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

am a B.com distance education student Bhatrathiar university, Completed with 48% marks. If am eligible for upsc ias examination?
27th October 2012, 11:39 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir I have a Doubt, if we completed both 2nd PU and degree in distance education board.....can we become eligible for IAS Exams??? please tell me
20th January 2013, 10:04 AM
Unregistered

Am i eligible to apply for IAS after securing 76% in madhyamik?
11th January 2014, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my sslc and did diploma in mech engg,after that i did BMM in distance education can i apply for civil services
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?