27th August 2011, 06:22 PM
SURESH RAMACHANDRAN

Am I eligible to apply for Bank Clerical Exam after holding B.Com degree from Madras University(Distance Education)?

Dear Sir,
The bank clerical sevices recruitment calls for applications from ane degree holder from any recognised university. I have obtained B.Com degree from Madras University Distance education> Am I eligible for applying?

27th August 2011, 11:47 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Bank Clerical Exam after holding B.Com degree from Madras University(Distance Education)?

dear friend,
Yes, you are eligible for Bank clerical service, as you have done your B.com..
Distance education holders can also apply for Bank Clerical service..
For that you have to appear in a written test exam first, after clearing the exam you have to go through the interview..
Eligibility for Bank clerical service:-

*The candidate must have complete 12th or its equivalent from a recognized central/state board at least.. If any one pursuing any higher studies , then he/she can also eligible for this service..
*The candidate must have 60% aggregate through out the career..

*The candidates age should be in between 18-28 years..
For Sc/ST the age relaxation is 5years and for OBC the age relaxation is 3years..

So, all the best...
28th August 2011, 01:31 AM
ANIAAAAANNNNNIIIII00000

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Bank Clerical Exam after holding B.Com degree from Madras University(Distance Education)?

Dear friend ,
The criterion for bank clerical exam is :
1> 12th pass with 60% marks(5% relaxation for SC/ST and OBC)
2>Age should be between 18-27(5 years relaxation for SC/ST and 3 years relaxation for OBC)
Dear, I am happy to say that you are eligible, and if you are really interested than try to practice from the book RS Agarwal and a magazine "Pratiyogita Kiran" these are the two best study material for bank exams.
Lots of vacancies are there in the banks,you will have many chances , but try to make it at first chance.
In the exam there will be
1>General English
2>General Knowledge
3>numerical ability
4>Reasoning ability
5>Computer knowledge
Practice it all , All the best
28th August 2011, 08:41 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Yes any degree holder is allowed to apply for this test. Even those who have obtained the same through distance education are allowed to apply for the same. Since you have obtained the same from Madras University certainly you can apply for the test. If you plan to apply for the CWE test then make sure you apply by 23rd September. Online registration can be done till 24th September.
28th August 2011, 09:48 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Bank PO eligibility differs from one bank to another bank..

since you didnt mention any name i am giving you a general criteria for it..(it may vary)

for clerical one need to clear 12th class with a minimum percentage of 60%..(or in highest degree) as minimum eligibility criteria AND for P.O is One must completed his graduation with atleast of 55% aggreagate and 12th class with a percentage of 60% for probationary..

So, for clerical jobs 12th class is enough so donot worry about your eligibility and even you can apply for probationary officer.
28th August 2011, 10:00 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by SURESH RAMACHANDRAN View Post
Dear Sir,
The bank clerical sevices recruitment calls for applications from ane degree holder from any recognised university. I have obtained B.Com degree from Madras University Distance education> Am I eligible for applying?
dear friend,

For BANK PO EXAM , you must be completed your graduation with minimum 60% .This criteria is only for SBI PO.

Others PO are required just above 55% in graduation.IBPS can't required any percentage just you have completed your graduation.

Your graduation institute must be UGC approved.

Your age should be in between 20 to 30 years. Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

All the best
28th August 2011, 11:17 AM
Sehwag6

Ya you are eligible for bank exams. The educational qualification is graduation in any stream and age limit is 21 to 30years.
28th August 2011, 06:01 PM
anand5409

If you want to appear in Bank clerical exam then you should know that you are eligible if you got 60% in 10+2 or Pass in bachelor degree from any subject.
24th September 2011, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

RESPECTED SIR
i have completed my degree in distace mode from nagarjuna university. i completed 10th class in 2006.
i discontinued my studies for three years. for financial problems. in 2003 i have entered degree through
distance mode. after 1 year i joined a college for studying Inter. i completed my degree in distance mode in
2006. i also completed my inter the same year (in 2006.) am i eligible for bank po's and clerks.

some banks are asked qualification (10 2 3) pass

my studies are 10 2 3 or not
6th January 2012, 09:43 AM
Unregistered

hi...my name s ramya, i ve discontinued my engineering gradution in computer science.....can i apply for clerical cadre job? what ll be d pay scale of dis job?please do reply, m waiting
22nd January 2012, 11:46 AM
ajay kkkk

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to apply for Bank Clerical Exam after holding B.Com degree from Madras University(Distance Education)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi...my name s ramya, i ve discontinued my engineering gradution in computer science.....can i apply for clerical cadre job? what ll be d pay scale of dis job?please do reply, m waiting
yes dear ramya u can apply through ur 12th std but ur 12th std percentage should be 60%....and if want more information abt anything then send me via mail..this is my email id-- [email protected]
23rd February 2012, 04:13 PM
ajaykur

[QUOTE=ajay kkkk;1679759]yes dear ramya u can apply through ur 12th std but ur 12th std percentage should be 60%....and if want more information abt anything then send me via mail..this is my email id--
28th March 2012, 05:26 AM
Unregistered

dear sir/madam,my name is ashad,i was studying in std.8th when i left my studies,after some years i continued my studies from yashwant rao chavan which is u.g.c approved (distance education) i passed an enterance test (preparatory) with distinction,completed fyb.com with 64.5% and now i m in sy b.com. can i apply for banking jobs? and if yes,then after completing my graduation,will it be necessary to provide 10th and 12th degree? will i be eligible to get a job in govt.sector after giving my s.y bcom exams?
14th September 2013, 05:10 PM
Cholleti Niranjan

Location: I lived in my own village palivela,Nalgonda district ,andrapradesh.

Dear friend,
You are eligible to write bank clerical exam.IBPS(Indian banking for personnel selection) is the exam conducted for provide bank clerical posts for various students.The students who have completed their graduation with atleast 50% of marks.To write this exam the age should be between 31-40.

-----------------------------------------------------
GOOD LUCK
----------------------------------------
17th September 2013, 11:28 AM
B.Srikanth Yadav

Dear aspirant,

Yes,you are eligible to for bank clerical exam.Any student who have completed his/her graduation is eligible for bank clerical posts.To get bank clerical post you have to write the exam called IBPS.IBPS stands Institute of banking for personnel selection.

--:: Eligibility criterion for IBPS::----
--------------------------------
---->Students who have completed his/her degree in any field like B.A/B.Sc/B.COM/BTech/B.Pharm.

---->Students have to get minimum of 60% marks in their graduation.But there is 10% relaxation for SC/ST students.

----->Candidate should be Indian citizen.

----->The age should be between 21-28 years.But there is 3 years relaxation for SC/ST students.

--:: EXAM PATTERN::---
==========

IBPS have five sections

1.Reasoning for 40 marks

2.English language for 40 marks

3.Numerical ability for 40 marks

4.General awareness especially in banking for 40 marks

5.Computer knowledge for 40 marks.

IBPS exam conducted for filling post of bank PO'S and Clerks in various banks of India.The banks like SBH,SBI,Canera baNk,Bank of india,Alahabad bank,Bank of Maharastra,Andra bank......etc.are recruiting the candidates based on the IBPS.

============
GOOD LUCK
============
29th May 2014, 03:56 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my bca from shobhit university distance education mode. Can I apply for d post of sbi-clerical?
31st May 2014, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

Sir' I want to know is distance learning passed bba from ptu jalandher is valid to govt jobs or bank po or cerks
14th August 2014, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

am i eligible for bank po if i have scored 49% in graduation and i have post graduate degree with 62% mark
29th December 2016, 07:44 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for bank job? I have done intermediate with 51.5 percentage
2nd August 2017, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

Good afternoon sir! I didn't studied intermediate and m graduated from distance Kakatiya University ( b.com). My percentage in 10th is 64 percent, and in degree 55 percent. am I eligible for banking exams or not...?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?