19th March 2011, 08:19 PM
prity biyani

Nepali citizen eligible to become an IAS officer? Education criteria required to apply for IAS? From which books to prepare for the exam?

i want to be an IAS Officer but i am a nepali citizen,can i apply for it? what is the education criteria required to apply for it and From which books to prepare for the exam?

22nd March 2011, 05:02 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Nepali citizen eligible to become an IAS officer? Education criteria required to apply for IAS? From which books to prepare for the exam?

Yes you are eligible for appearing for this exam. You will need to have completed at least graduation. In case you are awaiting results you can still apply. Also you need be at least 21 years old and not over 30 years. Make sure to that you have read the instructions carefully.
18th May 2011, 07:33 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Nepali citizen eligible to become an IAS officer? Education criteria required to apply for IAS? From which books to prepare for the exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prity biyani View Post
i want to be an IAS Officer but i am a nepali citizen,can i apply for it? what is the education criteria required to apply for it and From which books to prepare for the exam?
Hello friend

You are not eligible for the grade A services like IAS/IPS but you are eligible for other services which are under it

(1) For the Indian Administrative Service and the Indian Police Service, a candidate must be a citizen of India.

(2) For other services, a candidate must be either:

A citizen of India, or
a subject of Nepal, or
a subject of Bhutan, or
a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India. or
a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.

Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.

Provided further that candidates belonging to categories (b), (c) and (d) above will not be eligible for appointment to the Indian Foreign Service.

A candidate, in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Government of India.

This is all about the nationality eligibility for an IAS examinaion

Regards

~AdityA~
14th December 2011, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Nepali citizen eligible to become an IAS officer? Education criteria required to apply for IAS? From which books to prepare for the exam?

How do i Apply for certificate of eligibility.
21st February 2012, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

To give IAS officer exam is stated that "A candidate, in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary, may be admitted to the examination but the offer of appointment may be given only after the necessary eligibility certificate has been issued to him by the Government of India.". So a citizen from Nepal can obtain eligibility certificate from Government of india.Plz guide me
10th July 2012, 03:58 PM
Unregistered

a nepali nationa married to indian NRI CAN OPEN NRI ACCOUNT IN INDIA?
10th July 2012, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

A NEPALESE GIRL MARRYING AN INDIAN nri CAN OPEN nre ACCOUNT IN INDIA?
18th September 2012, 09:30 PM
Unregistered

I was born in bihar but took my education in nepal completed my 12 from there and my higher edu. In delhi.can i appear for IAS as indian after leaving my nepalese citizenship.plz guide me.
16th November 2012, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

how to get eligibility certificate for a nepal citizen....can u please guide us.....we would be thankful to u....
7th March 2013, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

I was born in bihar but took my education in nepal completed my 12 from there and my higher edu. In delhi.can i appear for IAS as indian after leaving my nepalese citizenship.plz guide me.
10th March 2013, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

i am engineer student i want to be an i a s officer i completed schooling and college from india but basically i am nepali what to do?
13th March 2013, 05:29 PM
Unregistered

Can one sit for NET or not being a Nepali citizen?
17th March 2013, 01:42 AM
Unregistered

how a nepalese citizen can get a eligibility certificate from GOVERNMENT OF INDIA????what z the process for it?
22nd May 2013, 09:39 AM
Unregistered

I am an neplese citizen but hav pursued al ma education in india nd i am in india since 16 years. Am i eligible to appear for IAS Exan
12th July 2013, 09:50 PM
Unregistered

my parents are nepali.they came here in 1981 and they don't have any citizenship of nepal and india,i was born in 1989. can i apply for indian citizenship?
14th August 2013, 11:52 PM
Unregistered

how to get eligibility certificate from GOI incase one is a subject of Nepal?
26th November 2013, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

How a nepalese citizen can get a eligibility certificate from GOVERNMENT OF INDIA???? what's the process for it? Plz reply me!
22nd January 2014, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

can anybody tell me if any nepali citizen got selected in upsc exam conducted by indian government?
21st April 2014, 06:47 AM
Unregistered

As there is one language paper beside English, can i take Nepali as one of my compulsory paper?
9th May 2014, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility certificate for appointment in Govt of India for the compassionate appointment as the candidate belongs to nepali origin
22nd June 2014, 12:09 AM
Unregistered

i am from nepal..6 year in dehardun ,bsc forestry and msc forestry..can i give ifs ,indian forest service...reply me soon..
29th June 2014, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

I am a 1 year student and i am doing honours in zoology ..
What books should i refer to get through UPSC at first attempt??
28th July 2014, 08:26 AM
Unregistered

I HAVE INDIAN CITIZEN SHIP BUT UPTO CLASS 12 I TOOK MY EDUCTION FROM NEPAL AND DONE GRADUTION FROM INDIA.SO CAN I GIVE THE EXAM OF IAS/IPS OFFICER OR NOT?
12th January 2015, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

My mom is from India and my dad from Nepal. They got married. Now i am studying Engineering in the Govt. Central Campus, Pulchowk, Is there any way to enter into the IAS service. I will be very grateful if i get clear details.
3rd June 2015, 06:22 PM
Unregistered

my mom and dad is an Indian but I was born at Nepal .my all graduation completed in India.can I don't have citizenship of India can I become become IAS officer.
14th June 2015, 12:27 AM
Unregistered

I am an indian citizen but have completed my graduation from Nepal , so am i eligible to sit for the civil services exam .?
6th August 2015, 04:59 AM
Unregistered

I belong to Nepal . I have completed my Graduations from India. I am 25 years old and i want to apply in police force or IAS/IPS in any state of india. I really very crazy about plz give me a geniune idea to apply.
I will really thankfull. my name is Anil Mandal. my email adress is [email protected]
10th January 2016, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

My mother is Indian and father is Nepali.I took my education from Nepal till 10th but now I am studying in India can I become an I.As.officer.
16th January 2016, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

How a nepalese citizen can get a eligibility certificate from GOVERNMENT OF INDIA???? what's the process for it? Plz reply me!
11th March 2016, 12:09 AM
Unregistered

My father is Nepali and my mother is Indian ,I did my
Schooling in India and doing B Tech from one of government colleges in India, I want to write IAS /UPSC exam,whether I will be eligible for that or not ,Pls guide me.
30th June 2017, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

My mom is from bihar and my father is from nepal. I have completed my bachelor degree in nepal. Now i want to become an IAS officer is it possible. Can i give the IAS exam...
2nd January 2018, 02:29 AM
Unregistered

My mom and dad is from Nepal. I completed my schooling in India in Chennai. Now I am pursuing my UG IN Chennai. My dream is to become a IAS Officer. Guide me whether I'm eligible to become an IAS OFFICER. I have all citizenship in India and I brought up chennai. My age is 20 .
5th February 2019, 02:33 PM
Unregistered

I have an Indian Citizenship but I have studied in Nepal upto Class 12 with C.B.S.E. Board. I have done my Graduation from India, am I eligible for IAS/IFS Services?
23rd July 2019, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

I am nepali citizen but i want to apply for an IAS office can i apply? How can i apply?? From Which book i have prepare for exam???
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?