19th August 2012, 12:26 AM
hmazumdar

Am I eligible for B.Tech or M.Tech after passing HS from Arts

I passed h.s. From arts. Passed bca (distance but regular basis).am i elegible for b.tech or m.tech ?

19th August 2012, 11:25 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for B.Tech or M.Tech after passing HS from Arts

You can not get admission for Engineering course B.Tech or M.Tech with the qualifications mentioned in the question. However there is no reason to disappoint because all is not lost for you. What I mean is that there is a procedure for you to get admission in Engineering college.

However this would be a little lengthy process and I am not sure you would want to try that out. But since you have asked it is my responibility to tell you the procedure.

Firstly what you would need to do is pursue Master of Computer Applications (MCA) course. Since you have already completed BCA, it would not be very difficult for you to get admission in MCA, on the condition that you have scored good marks.

Now after completing MCA you have the option to apply for M.Tech. It may sound surprising but candidates who have completed MCA are eligible for M.Tech course. All you need to do is appear in GATE Entrance exam and pass it with good score.

Depending on your performance who knows you may even get admission in IITs. However be prepared to appear for written test, group discussion and interview before you could get admission in IIT.

Saying that I am not sure you should choose this path. Although I would recommend you to complete MCA. After completing MCA you would manage to get job in top IT companies in India. Something you should not expect after completing BCA course.

I believe that if you scored around 65 percent in MCA, then you would not require to go for M.Tech course. It would make no sense because you would get a job in IT company easily.

My recommendation would be to only apply if you fail to get decent job after completing MCA.

Remember that you would require to crack the GATE entrance exam for M.Tech admission. It is not easy to crack GATE and I would recommend that you take professional coaching to prepare better for the GATE entrance exam.
19th August 2012, 11:52 AM
roknits
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmazumdar View Post
I passed h.s. From arts. Passed bca (distance but regular basis).am i elegible for b.tech or m.tech ?
Hello

AS you said that you have passed BCA i.e Bachelors of Computers applications then you passed Home science(H.S) fom arts and want to get admission In Engineering courses Either B.Tech or M.tech depending on your Eligibility so let me tell you that you can do B.tech course since you are having 12 class pass,that is what i think now.

For getting into B.tech you should be having atleast 60% marks in XII exams.Also you can apply with 50 or 55% in case any reservation or belonging to reserved category otherwise it's 60%

since you have done several other courses but still you can do B.tech only on the basis of your XII marks in XII class examination and I think you will get admission in private colleges or you can also try doing B.tech course from any deemed university or other college.

Can I Do M.tech on the basis of My previous career ???
I don't think you are eligible for Masters in technology (M.tech) because the basic Eligibility criteria for it is :::

#you should have completed or in final year of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Architecture (4 years after 10+2/Post B.Sc./Post-Diploma).

#you should Either be having Master’s degree in any branch of Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent for eg--M.sc,M.C.A,M.A .

# You should have done Graduation equivalent course like from AMIE etc...

Now as you have done B.sc and with that Home science in Arts then i would like to tell you that you first need to complete post graduation in arts or science which will be a course for two years.

or

I think if you want to get Into B.tech surely you can get into that but i will suggest you that after graduation you have many opportunities like in --
~~Banking sector
~~IAS exam
~~SSC exam

and many others as well.

If you really want to do Engineering then i will suggest you to complete post graduation in arts or science first then as i mentioned above that
Quote:
""You should Either be having Master’s degree in any branch of Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent for eg--M.sc,M.C.A,M.A .""
hence you should complete that first.

at the same time apply for other govt. exams as mentioned above..

If you still find any problem you can drop a message to my page in visitor box..

hope this helped you...

with regards
roknits
19th August 2012, 03:08 PM
manjira...

Smile Re: Am I eligible for B.Tech or M.Tech after passing HS from Arts

I am very sorry to inform you that you can not take admission into B.Tech or M.Tech after passing HS from arts.

You can get admission into the B.Tech course after completing diploma course of 3 years. You can easily take admission into the diploma if you had passed 10th standard with 50% marks.

From the diploma course you can get direct admission into the 2nd year of B.Tech course through Lateral entry Scheme. Then you can pursue M.Tech course.

For M.Tech course admission you need to take entrance examination(GATE).
19th August 2012, 07:25 PM
i am sure
Member+

No,you are not eligible for b.tech/m.tech because you have not completed your +2 examination with Mathematics & Physics

B. Tech Eligibility

A pass in the +2 examination with Mathematics & Physics recognized by any State Board / Central Board with a minimum aggregate of 60% marks

M. Tech Eligibility

B.E. / B.Tech. Degree in ECE / EEE / EIE
16th April 2013, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

I have completed bca from ignou...may i get 10000 salary from any company?¿
19th May 2014, 10:24 AM
Unregistered

i am the student of 12 arts with economics and maths can i become pilot or i have to go for open schooling after 12 for physics subject and then i am eligible to become pilot
23rd June 2017, 11:01 AM
Unregistered

What is name of the entrance exam to join MCA ? And syllabus,maximum cut off required?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?