3rd June 2016, 01:57 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for BCA course after completion of 12th with 47% marks?

Sir/Mam,

Am I eligible for BCA course after completion of 12th with 47% marks? It will be really helpful if you can guide me with the information on the same. Please provide me the details on this. It will be helpful if you can answer me. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to get a job in IT companies after completion of 10th with 77% marks and BCA with 78% marks?
  2. Am I eligible to do BCA if I have completed 12th arts course without maths?
  3. BCA can be pursued without having Maths in 12th? What are the differences between BCS and BCA?
  4. Am I eligible to do BCA course after completion of CSE Vocational course?
  5. Can I do BCA course in Distance Learning after completion of 12th class with Science stream with 35% of marks?
  6. How to go with BCA(Bachelor in Computer Application) course after scoring 40% marks in 12th in government school?
  7. Can I be eligible for BCA after securing 66% marks from science in class 12th?
  8. Can I be eligible for MNC company after scoring 54% marks in 10th, 52% in 12th? I have completed my BCA with 65%
  9. Am I eligible to join BCA course after completion of 12th Class with Science stream?
  10. Can i study BCA after taking Arts in my Intermediate?
  11. Am I eligible to get admission in BCA being a 12th PCB student?
  12. Am i eligible for NUMCET after scoring 68% in 12th
  13. Am I eligible to get admission for doing Law after completion of BA graduation course with 38% marks?
  14. Eligiblity to apply for BCA after completing 12th Commerce without Maths? Job opportunities and colleges in Mumbai for BCA? How BCA is differ from B.Sc(IT)?
  15. Am I eligible for JEE main exams after completion of 12th with 60% marks and maths with just 35 marks?
  16. Is it possible for me to get a job in reputed IT companies after completion of BCA with 78% marks?
  17. Is there any entrance exam for joining BCA after 12th? How much marks required in 12th to join BCA? Is it compulsory to take Maths? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Am I eligible to get a software job after completion of 10th with 65% marks in 47% marks in 12th?
4th June 2016, 05:26 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for BCA course after completion of 12th with 47% marks?

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application. This is undergraduate course in Computer application. The eligibility criteria for this course:

* You should have done 10+2 from any recognized board.

* English must be one of the compulsory subject in board exam. Majority of top BCA colleges recruit candidates who studied Mathematics in board exams.

Admission is mainly done on basis on marks obtained in board exams and some institute also take on basis of.entrance test.
4th June 2016, 09:06 AM
vickyhansi

Default Re: Am I eligible for BCA course after completion of 12th with 47% marks?

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application which have 3 year duration.

Following are Eligibility Criteria for BCA Course:

You have to passed 12th standard with any stream from recognized college or University.

You must consist at least 50% marks in 12th standard.

Any stream(Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) in 12th standard is eligible for BCA Course.

You have to contact college or university authority to get admission BCA course.
4th June 2016, 01:16 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Applications. It is a 3 years under-graduate degree course in the field of Computer Applications. Candidates who have qualified 12th standard or equivalent from a Government recognised board are eligible to pursue BCA course.

Admissions in BCA course in most of the colleges are offered on the basis of Higher Secondary board examination marks but, some top reputed universities/colleges conducts their own entrance examination to offer admissions to merit candidates of the entrance examination.

Some colleges ask for minimum 50% aggregate marks in 12th standard examinations to offer admission in BCA course. In that case, you are not eligible to apply for admission in BCA course in that colleges. So, I advise you to check the eligibility criteria required by contacting college administration branch or through college official website before you apply for admission to BCA course in any College/University.
4th June 2016, 06:35 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

Am I eligible for BCA course after completion of 12th with 47% marks? It will be really helpful if you can guide me with the information on the same. Please provide me the details on this. It will be helpful if you can answer me. Thanks!
No, you are not eligible for BCA course.

Candidate should have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board are eligible for BCA course.
4th June 2016, 07:12 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

If you have maths in 12th class level , then you are eligible to apply for BCA .Some institutes demand 50% or 60% in 12th exam.

BCA Eligibility
- You must have passed higher secondary with maths as a compulsory subject from a recognized board.
- You should have passed entrance exam for BCA admission.

Entrance Exam Syllabus
- Software Development
- Software Testing
- Software Analysis
- Web Designing
- Database Management
- Programming
- Networking

Universities Offering BCA
- Banaras Hindu University
- BIT , Mesra
- Christ University
- Delhi University
- Kurukshetra University
- Indraprastha University
- Pune University
- Punjab University
4th June 2016, 10:11 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application and it is three year vocational course from any recognised university.

The eligibility to pursue course is candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognised board and must have PCM/PCB as main paper.

So, you are eligible to pursue course but have to appear and qualify in entrance examination conducted by different university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?