6th February 2016, 06:42 AM
Unregistered

Can i study BCA after taking Arts in my Intermediate?

I have completed my Intermediate with 80% marks but from Arts side. Now i am interested in studying BCA course in my graduation. So kindly guide me if i can do the course despite of having Arts in my Intermediate?

6th February 2016, 09:49 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i study BCA after taking Arts in my Intermediate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my Intermediate with 80% marks but from Arts side. Now i am interested in studying BCA course in my graduation. So kindly guide me if i can do the course despite of having Arts in my Intermediate?
Yes, you are eligible for BCA course.

BCA stands for Bachelor's of Computer Application.

Those candidates who have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board are eligible for BCA course.

Your age should be above 17 years.

6th February 2016, 04:28 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

No, you are not eligible to pursue BCA course after 10+2. BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application and it is three year course after 10+2.

The eligibility to get admission in the course is :-

Candidate must have passed 10+2 from any rcognised board.

Candidate must have science as main subject in 10+2, some of the institutions also prefer to have Mathematics.

Some of the institution conducts entrance examination to get admission in the course, so to get information in detail give us the information about which institute you want to get admission.

6th February 2016, 05:18 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Most of the reputed universities ask for maths at 12th level for BCA admission but there are some universities like IGNOU which allow even arts student to pursue this course.

Hence, you can surely get admission in BCA with arts stream but there are very few universities offering with such eligibility criteria.

6th February 2016, 07:29 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot study BCA course after completion of your Intermediate course with Arts stream. To be eligible to get admission for pursuing BCA course, you must have studied Mathematics as a subject in 12th standard from a recognised board. Since, you have not pursued Mathematics subject in your 12th standard, you are not eligible to get admission in BCA course. After completion of your Intermediate in Arts stream, you can pursue your higher studies in B.A/B.A (Hons.) course.

6th February 2016, 07:35 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yeah you can study BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications) after completing your intermediate. The eligibility needed for pursuing BCA course is, candidate should have completed +2 from a recognized school board with mathematics as subject and should have attained at least 60% aggregate. The percentage may differ between colleges.

To tell about BCA course it is a under graduate course and it is of 3 years duration consisting 6 semesters. You will study the concepts of programming and operating systems in this course.

Having completed your intermediate in arts stream you are eligible for doing the course. The top colleges which you can prefer for pursuing BCA course are:
  • Chandigarh University
  • Christ University
  • Institute of Management Studies - Noida
  • Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research
  • Stella Maris College
  • Presidency College
  • Mount Carmel College
  • Madras Christian College
  • Birla Institute of Technology
  • Nizam College
  • Women's Christian College

6th February 2016, 10:56 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sorry to say that it is not possible for you to get admission for BCA after completing 12th standard in Arts stream. Most of the college prefers only those who completed their 12th standard with Mathematics subject. Candidates having at least 50% marks in their Plus two from a recognized board with Mathematics subject are eligible for the BCA degree course. Since, you have scored very good marks in 12th board so its better that you can apply for the Bachelor degree courses such as,
  • Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
  • Bachelor of Arts (B.A)
  • Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) etc.

6th February 2016, 11:47 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
If you have studied Mathematics in 10+2 then you can study BCA. Many colleges require the student should have studied mathematics in 10+2 for the admission to BCA. In some of the colleges you can study BCA after studying arts stream in 10+2 like Annamalai University.
The website link is given, http://annamalaiuniversity.ac.in/dde...=it&course=137

- The aspirant can also study the course is IGNOU, the link is, http://www.ignou.ac.in/ignou/aboutig...s/detail/190/2

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?