2nd June 2016, 01:02 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do BCA if I have completed 12th arts course without maths?

Am I eligible to do BCA if I have completed 12th arts course without maths? Can you please let me know the minimum criteria which is followed for this? It will be helpful if you can provide me the answer soon on the same. Thank you!

2nd June 2016, 06:09 PM
Bharatchaduhary
Junior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to do BCA if I have completed 12th arts course without maths?

Yes, After completed 12th with arts stream you are eligible for BCA. Many reputed colleges have the minimum eligibility for BCA course as 10+2 with Maths and English. but there are many colleges which needs just 12th.
2nd June 2016, 07:29 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do BCA if I have completed 12th arts course without maths?

No. You are not eligible to apply for BCA without maths at 12th class level. There are many other courses available after 12th Arts in which you can make your bright career. You can choose any one course in which you have more interest & make a career in that field.

Courses After 12th Arts
- B.A. (Sociology)
- B.A. (English)
- B.A. (History)
- B.A. (Fine Arts)
- B.A. (Marketing)
- B.A. (Economics)
- B.Sc (Fashion Designing)
- B.Sc (Interior Designing)
- B.Sc (Tourism & Mass Communication)
- Aviation & Hospitality Management
- Hotel Management
- Law
- BBA
- BBM
- CS
2nd June 2016, 07:53 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do BCA if I have completed 12th arts course without maths?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to do BCA if I have completed 12th arts course without maths? Can you please let me know the minimum criteria which is followed for this? It will be helpful if you can provide me the answer soon on the same. Thank you!
Yes, you are eligible for BCA course.

Candidate should have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board are eligible for BCA course.

Your age shouldn't be bellow 17 years.
2nd June 2016, 10:17 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Application.

Eligibility criteria for BCA :-

-The candidate should have passed 10+2 or equivalent qualification with minimum 50% marks from a recognized board of education.

-The candidate must have passed 10+2 in Science stream with Physics and Chemistry.

Most of the institutes insists that the candidate must have pursued Mathematics in their 12th class. So, it depends on the institution you are going to take admission for the course whether they allow non Mathematics student for BCA.
2nd June 2016, 10:34 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

BCA stands for Bachelor of Computer Applications. It is a three years Undergraduate degree course which is related to field of Computer Applications. Candidates who have qualified 12th standard or equivalent in any stream from a recognised board are eligible to do BCA course.

Admission process for BCA course varies from college to college. Some colleges offer admission in BCA course by considering the candidate's 12th standard board examination marks. Some top Universities/Colleges conducts their own entrance examination to offer admission in BCA course to merit candidates of the examination.

Since, it is not mandatory to pursue Mathematics subject in 12th standard to be eligible to pursue BCA course, being a 12th standard Arts stream candidate from a recognised board, you are eligible to do BCA course.
3rd June 2016, 10:23 AM
vickyhansi

After completion of 12th standard with 12th arts you are eligible for BCA course.

BCA course stands for Bachelor of Computer Application which have 3 years duration.

Eligibility Criteria for BCA course differs from University to university.

Some requires 12th standard with mathematics.

Look out these university or college to get admission into BCA course

Delhi university

IP University

Jamia University

Luckhnow University

Patna University
3rd June 2016, 09:07 PM
onemdindus

The eligibility for BCA course is that you must have done 12th class from any recognized institution with any stream.

But top colleges will admit students based on their percentage of score in 12th class. More preferences will be given for students with Maths as one of their main subjects in 12th class.
2nd July 2017, 04:30 AM
Unregistered

I am an arts student my marks is 55.4% without maths. Should i get admission in IP university in 2018.on the basis of entrance exam or should i eligible for entrance exam in IP university
22nd July 2019, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

I didn't take maths and computer science in 12 and i am arts student. Can i study BCA?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?