7th September 2013, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to become a civil engineer after B.Tech?

i need datalis about civil s and what kind of qualification we need

1st January 2016, 12:35 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Am I eligible to become a civil engineer after B.Tech?

B.Tech as you would be well aware of stands for Bachelors of Technology. It is a full time 4 year program that is highly technical and is nothing short of a professional course. However, there are a lot of things that go in the making of an engineer.

For example one must be a minimum 12th grade appeared or passed with over 60% marks as aggregate in the boards to be eligible of taking up B.Tech.

Since you are already a B.Tech, I wonder which stream have you done it into. Coming to your query, there does not seem to be much logic in it. If you are already a B.Tech then most probably you should not be looking at doing another 4 year B.Tech course in Civil. I hope you understand that even if you had the chance of doing B.tech again you would have to spend a huge sum of money and again 4 years of rigorous studies into it.

Speaking of else things, You must try to fetch jobs in the current profile of whatever you have studied in your B.Tech. If it is not in civil engineering, you should be looking at targeting something that is similar and pertaining to what you have done in your B.Tech. This would increase your market value and ensure that you have a bright career ahead.

Otherwise speaking, there is hardly any provision of doing Civil Engineering again once you have already done your B.Tech. It would not make any sort of sense. I would recommend the following two masters courses for you:

1. M.Tech/M.E
2. MBA/PGDM

These are the best options for you which are alive and can guarantee a good career. You can sit for the entrance GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and then take up M.Tech in any of the top IITs or NITs or ever other colleges across the country. You can choose any stream you wish in M.Tech but again having more relevance to what you had done in your B.Tech would be added advantage.

For MBA, please try to sit for the following entrances MAT, GMAT, CMAT, NMAT, CAT, IIFT, SNAP, XAT etc. Again you can take up management education which would not only have you earn in huge sums but also get you reputation in the market.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?