1st December 2012, 10:35 PM
krishnaprasad7588

Am I eligible for civil service exam after passing B.Tech?

hi i am krishna prasad ..i am a btech graduate..but i only have a 2nd class in graduation..am i eligible for civil service exam??i have 90% marks in higher secondary board exams..kidly reply

2nd December 2012, 07:27 AM

Default Re: Am I eligible for civil service exam after passing B.Tech?

My dear
ofcourse you are eligible for civil service after.if you want to applied for engineering service then can prepare with some engineering subject such as mechanical,civil,electronics,electrical,some sbject are not allowed such as computer science and information technology.but student can give the paper by taking other branch or subject. If you want to do civil service examination for ias ,ips,ifs so you are eligible for it...
Age limit -21-30 years
gen-4 attempt,obc-7 attempt,sc-unlimited uttempt
2nd December 2012, 07:54 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnaprasad7588 View Post
hi i am krishna prasad ..i am a btech graduate..but i only have a 2nd class in graduation..am i eligible for civil service exam??i have 90% marks in higher secondary board exams..kidly reply

Yes, B-TECH students are eligible for Civil Service Exam.You have completed B-Tech degree in 2nd division but it will not create any problem for Civil Service Exam.

Civil Service Exam is conducted by UPSC in every year .

If you have graduate degree with any stream from any recognized university then you are eligible for Civil Service Exam .This exam not require any percentage criteria .

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.Age relaxation is provide 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST candidate.

No. of permissible attempts :Four of general category. (Seven attempts of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs )

So if you want to apply for civil service exam you can visit upsc own website.

http://www.upsc.gov.in

2nd December 2012, 09:05 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

If you are graduate then yes you can apply for the Civil Service Examination by the UPSC. Your high school marks are irrelevant for Civil Service Examination. Same goes for the marks obtained in graduation degree.

The requirement to appear for Civil Service Examination such as IPS/IAS is graduation degree. Union Public Service Commission has not put any eligibility criteria for percentage. Therefore no matter how much marks you have got, as long as you are graduate, there should be no problem.

There are various exams that comes under Civil Service Examination. This includes Indian Police Service, Indian Administrative Service, Indian Forest Service etc. Some criteria of the these exams could be different from each other. Had you specifically mentioned a particular field, I could have answered the question better.

Let's assume that you want to apply for either IAS or IPS since these are the most popular exams that comes under Civil Service Examination. The forms to apply for these exams would be released in November/December while the exam would be conducted in May next year.

Eligibility

1. You should be Indian citizen.

2. A bachelor degree in any discipline.

3. There is no percentage criteria.

4. The age limit is 21 to 30 years.

5. It is relaxed by 3 years for OBC.

6. SC/ST get relaxation of 5 years.

Exam Pattern

1. Preliminary Exam

2. Main Exam

3. Interview

Number of Attempts

1. General - 4

2. OBC - 7

3. SC/ST - There is no limit.
2nd December 2012, 12:35 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Dear Aspirant,

Yes, Off Course you are eligible for Civil Service Examination after completing your B.Tech Graduation.........

According to the Qualification Require for IAS Exam State that a candidate must have completed their Graduation Degree in any Stream with at least 55% from Recognized Universities and You have did it......

Age for Candidate must be between 21 to 30 years if a candidate belong to General Category, If Candidate belong to OBC then +3 years and A candidate belong to SC/ST then +5 years of Relaxation is available on Upper Age by Government.......

Same way General Category student can apply it for Maximum 4 times, whereas OBC Student can Maximum 7 times and SC/ST Student have No Attempt Limit........

Exam Pattern:

1. Preliminary Exam
  2. Main Exam
  3. Personal Interview

||||||-------------- Books for Reference -------------|||||

================================================== ================================================== =========

================================================== ================================================== =========

All the best

With Regards........
Dharm
2nd December 2012, 01:23 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Quote:
Dear,

Civil services exam is conducted by UPSC every year for various rank ranging from steno to IAS and PCS. Many B.tech graduates working in MNCs leave their job in the middle and write this exam to do something for the society and service the nation.

B.tech graduates do quite well in civil services exam as they have good aptitude skill and intellectual level. Since many questions are related to your memory and ability to remember things you have to work a little harder as mugging up is not a part of B.tech student's life.

It does not matter whether you have 1st class or second class in you B.tech if you do well in civil services exam no one is going you to ask about that.So start fresh and if you are serious about civil services exam give yourself into your preparation completely as it requires a complete year. Take good coaching and guidance, study from good books, practice previous papers and read newspaper daily.

I will suggest you to go for a good coaching to start your preparation. It will give you a right direction and right guidance. Also remember that you may not get success in first or second attempt but don't loose your hope. Learn from your failures and improve at every level.

However i wish you to get success in your first attempt only! Good luck!
2nd December 2012, 01:23 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, after after passing B.Tech. you will be eligible for Civil Service Exam.

Civil Service Exam is conducted by UPSC every year to become IAS/IPS/IRS/IFS etc. officer.

The eligible candidate for Civil Service Exam, must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

Hence in the final year of B.Tech. Graduation Degree exam or after passing the same you are eligible to apply for Civil Service Exam.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
2nd December 2012, 02:04 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Hi,

Yes, you are eligible for applying to Civil Services, provided you fulfill the age criteria as well.

UPSC conducts entrance exam for civil services in UP.

This exam is known as CSAT - Civil Services Aptitude Test.

Eligibility Criteria for CSAT -

Nationality-
Indian

Qualification-
Graduation from a recognised university.

Age -
Not below 21 years, not above 30 years.
( 3 years relaxation for OBC and 5 years relaxation for SC/ST)

There is no minimum percentage criteria for CSAT.

You can also log on to
www.upsc.gov.in
2nd December 2012, 09:46 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Definitely you are eligible for IAS exam and you must start the preparation for it as soon as possible and don't worry about eligibility from now.

Every Graduate from a recognised university can apply for IAS exam which is conducted by UPSC every year.

When you are applying IAS exam you must ensure that your age is between 21 to 30 years if you are general category candidate.

In case of SC/ST there is 5 years age relaxation and for OBC 3 years age relaxation.

The number of attempts are limited for General and OBC category which are 4 and 7 respectively.

For SC/ST category there is no limit is number of attempts hence they can apply for IAS exam until there age limit exceeds.

If you want to crack IAS exam then you have to pass following stages:

-Civil Services Aptitude Test

-Civil Services Mains exam

-Personal Interview

The merit list is prepared on the basis of marks obtained in Mains and Interview.

CSAT is screening kind of test and only those who pass CSAT are eligible for Mains exam.

For more information visit http://www.upsc.gov.in
3rd December 2012, 09:38 AM
mustafa tahasildar
Senior Member++

Quote:
click the fallowing link for more details
http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rct...HGGHYGTvtFLRqg

books to be referred

eligibility
Nationality-Indian
Qualification-Graduation from a recognised university.
Age -Not below 21 years, not above 30 years.
4th December 2012, 07:03 PM
mk.gohel
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for civil service exam after passing B.Tech?

Quote:

hi friend,

yes, off course you can eligible for civil service exam

ELIGIBILITY:
  • A candidate must have completed their graduation Degree in any Discipline with atlest 55% from recognise universities.
  • Final year students are also applicable.

Age Limit:
  • General category student:- 21-30 years.
  • OBC relaxation in upper age +3 years.
  • SC/ST relaxation in upper age +5 years.

No. Attempt:
  • General - max. 4
  • OBC - max. 7.
  • SC/ST - No limit.

Exam Pattern:
  • Preliminary Exam.
  • Main Exam
  • Interview

all the best.....
5th December 2012, 02:53 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend......

yes, sure you are eligible for Civil Examination with your B.Tech graduation

doesn't matter what is your graduation back,

if you completed your graduation in any stream from any recognized university, then you are eligible for Civil Examination

but, you can must satisfy some eligibility criteria which required for civil examination like,

Educational qualification

Age Limit

Nationality

Physical fitness

Civil examination is conducted for IAS/IPS by Union Public Service Commission in yearly ones

you can must satisfy below mentioned eligibility for this civil examination

>> You must have a bachelor of degree in any stream from any recognized universtiy

>> There is no percentage required for this examination

>> Final appeared students also eligible for this examination

>> Your age should between 21 years to 30 years, and age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidates as per government norms

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates

3 years relaxation for OBC candidates

>> You should be a citizen of India

if you satisfy above all eligibility, you are eligible for civil examination

Selection Procedure for this civil examination 1. Preliminary Examination, 2. Mains Examination if you done this 2 stages you are go for next stage i.e. Personnel Interview test.

for this examination limited attempts for written examination

max 4 for General candidates

7 for OBC candidates

no limit for SC/ST candidates
6th December 2012, 12:41 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

hai,

Yes,you are eligible for this Civil Service Examination after passing B.Tech.So see the details of Civil service examination.

The Civil Services Examination (CSE) is a nationwide competitive examination in India conducted by the Union Public Service Commission(UPSC)

For recruitment to the various Civil Services of the Government of India:

1.Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
2.Indian Foreign Service (IFS)
3.Indian Police Service (IPS)
4.Indian Revenue Service (IRS) among others.

Exams that come under the ambit of UPSC are:

1.Indian Administrative Services (IAS)
2.Indian Forest Services (IFS)
3.Indian Police Services (IPS)

These examinations also help UPSC in recruiting people in sectors such as Medical, Forestry, Civil Services and Engineering.

Eligibility Criteria for Civil Service Examinations:

**For the Indian Administrative Service and the Indian Police Service, a candidate must be a citizen of India.

Education:Candidates must have a minimum of any of the following education qualifiations.

**A degree from a Central, State or Deemed university
**A degree received through Correspondence Education or Distance Education
**A degree from an Open University
The following candidates are also eligible, but have to submit proof of their eligibility from a competent authority at their institute/university at the time of the main examination, failing which they will not be allowed to attend the exam.

**Candidates who have appeared in an examination, the passing of which would render them educationally qualified enough to satisfy any of the above points
**Candidates who have passed the final exam of the MBBS degree but have not yet completed their internship

AGE Limit:

**A maximum of three years for OBC candidates
**A maximum of three years in case of Defence Services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof
**A maximum of five years for candidates belonging to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe
**A maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1 January 1980 to 31 December 1989
**A maximum of five years in case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1 August.The age relaxation will not be admissible to Ex-Servicemen and Commissioned Officers including ECOs/SSCOs who are released on own request.

Numbers of attempts:
The number of attempts a candidate can give the exam is limited as follows:

**Four attempts for General category candidates and OBC category candidates under the Creamy layer
**Seven attempts for OBC category candidates
**To SCs/STs, there is no limit on the number of attempts.

Test Structure:

Preliminary Exam
Main Exam
Interview

all the best.............
13th December 2012, 12:36 AM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

Hai...

yes,you are eligible for civil service exam after completing your b.tech graduation.

Required qualification for this exam is any graduation or equivalent course form a recognized university.

Age limit for this exam is 21 to 30 years

Upper age relaxation for reserved candidates

3 years for OBC candidates

5 years for SC/ST candidates

Candidate should be a citizen of india.
18th December 2012, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

Wht is the importance of 10th and 12th percenge in ips,ias exam?
23rd May 2013, 11:41 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for civil service exam after passing B.Tech?

Dear ,

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA OF CIVIL SERVICE EXAM FOR ENGINEER:-

1.A Graduate engineer or a final year candidate from the recognized University/Institution can Write Civil Service
entrance exam.

2.Civil Services entrance exam. is conducted by UPSC every year.

3.AGE: General: 21-30 years, relaxations are there OBC: 3 years, S/C S/T: 5 years, PWD: 10 years.

4.Nationality: Indian.

5.Attempts: General: 4 attempts. OBC/PH: 7 attempts, S/C S/T & WD:No limit.

For details visit http://www.upsc.gov.in

Thank You,
25th May 2013, 10:40 AM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Yes definitely your eligible to apply for Civil Service Examination . Civil Service Examination is Organized by Union Public Service Examination .

The Civil Service Examination Conducts the Examinations like, Indian Administrative Service , Indian Foreign Service , Indian Police Service , Indian Revenue Service , Indian Postal Service etc...

Civil Service Examination can be divided into three stages :- 1)Preliminary (CSAT ) 2)Main 3)Personal Interview.

To appear for Civil Service Examination than you need to satisfy the eligibility Criteria ..

The candidate should be hold Bachelor degree in any discipline from recognized University . Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination .

No Specific Percentage of marks for Civil Service Examination ..

The candidate age should be minimum 21 years and maximum 30 years and Upper age relaxation will applicable for reserved candidates ..

Preliminary examination can be divided into two papers and both the paper are objective type questions .

The Notification for this Preliminary Examination may published during the month of Feb or March .

The candidate who Qualified in Preliminary Examination are called for Main examination .

The Main examination consist of nine paper and all the paper are descriptive type. The notification for Main Examination may publish during the month of Sept or Oct in the official website and Employment news paper ..

More details , Visit the official website :- www.upsc.gov.in
27th May 2013, 04:11 PM
Unregistered

Sir i m doing btech intregated of 5 years after 10th so m i eligible foe ias exam after completing by btech from my university without doing 12th???
30th May 2013, 02:35 PM
a k 47

Smile Re: Am I eligible for civil service exam after passing B.Tech?

Hello,
Yes you are eligible for Civil Services Exam after completing B.Tech.
YOU should have to pass graduation from the recognized university.
AGE CRITERIA:-

general categories = 21 to 30 years

obc categories = 21 to 33 years

sc/st categories = 21 to 35 years
Candidate should be citizen of India
You should be mentally and physically fit.
General category attempts the exam 4 times.

Obc category attempts the exam 7 times.

SC/ST No limit.

GOOD LUCK
31st May 2013, 12:08 AM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

Yes you are eligible for Civil services exam after completing B. tech. degree.
Civil services exams are conducted by UPSC every year.
Minimum qualification required for Civil services exam is graduation from a recognized university.

Eligibility criteria in Details for civil services exams:

Educational Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university

Age limit: 21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs.

Number of Attempts:
Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs.

If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

How to apply:
•Apply online by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in
•Apply offline by purchasing the application form from designated post offices throughout the country.

For complete details go to http://www.upsc.gov.in
31st May 2013, 11:04 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

Yeah you are eligible for Civil Services Examination which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.

Eligibility criteria:-

Applicant should be complete graduation in any stream from a recognised university of India.

Graduation must be complete from a recognised university.

Final year graduation students are also eligible.

Percentage is not a matter to apply this examination.

Applicant must be an Indian citizen.

Age criteria:-

The candidates minimum age should be 21 years,

The candidates maximum age should be 30 years.

Relaxation:-

3 years for OBC candidates,

5 years for SC/ST candidates.

Selection procedure:-

Civil Services Preliminary examination,

Civil Services Mains examination,

Personal Interview.

Number of attempts:-

4 times chance for General candidates,

7 times chance for OBC candidates,

No limit for SC/ST candidates.

For more details CLICK HERE

All the best.
17th June 2013, 10:54 AM
lepry

hi, i am a graduate in computer science with 84 % marks. Now i am working as a trainee in Isro(1 year extension may get). My post is unlikely to be permanent. I want to appear for the CSAT exam, what would i need to do. Now i am planning to leave the job.Is it a good decision? Now i am in dilemma. pls reply.
17th June 2013, 11:35 AM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes graduates are eligible to sit for the IAS Examination so you can give the exam for sure.

The civil service exams are conducted by the Union Public Service Commission. The three main civil service exam are as follows:-
  1. Indian Administrative Service
  2. Indian Foreign Service
  3. Indian Police Service

Following eligibility criteria needs to be satisfied to give the civil service examination:-

Nationality:-

You need to be a citizen of India. (That is the main prerequisite if you are giving IAS Exam especially).

Educational Qualification:-

You must be a graduate from a recognized university or a deemed university. If you are a final year student waiting for the result to come out or you are about to sit for the final exam then also you are eligible.

Age Limit:-
  • Minimum Age Limit:- 21 years
  • Maximum Age Limit:- 30 years

Age Relaxation:-

There is upper age limit relaxation available for the following categories:-
  • SC / ST- 5 years
  • OBC- 3 years
  • Defense Services personnel- 3 years
  • Domiciled in J&K (01/01/1980 - 31/12/1989)- 5 years

Selection Procedure:-

The following hurdles needs to be crossed to finally get selected:-
  1. Preliminary Examination
  2. Main Examination
  3. Interview Session

Application Procedure:-

You have to apply online by registering in the official website of UPSC. The application charge for male candidates is Rs. 100/- only. There is no application charge for female and SC / ST / Physically Handicapped candidates.

If you are already in government service, government owned industrial undertakings or other similar organizations or in private employment then you should submit your applications directly to the Commission.

Hope this helps :-> :->
3rd June 2014, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

I am b.tech final year student of information technology branch. I want to go for civil service but i dont know how and what preparation is needed for it. So kindly guide me what shoud i do? thank you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?