29th August 2017, 08:51 PM
Shashank vs

Am I eligible to become a Railway Driver after completion of PUC with PCMB subjects?

Am I eligible to become a railway driver after completion of PUC with PCMB subjects? Can you please let me know the criteria which are asked to apply for the railway driver job? Do I need to do some extra course to be eligible? Awaiting for the response.

31st August 2017, 09:33 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to become a Railway Driver after completion of PUC with PCMB subjects?

To become driver in Indian Railway candidates have to appear and qualify in examination conducted by RRB.

The eligibility to appear in examination is candidate must have passed 10th and have ITI or diploma from a recognised institute.

So, you are not eligible to appear in examination with 12th std. The age limit is 18-30 years.

So, you need to pursue ITI or Diploma course.

For detail information about examination visit at www.rrb.gov.in.
31st August 2017, 03:16 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to become a Railway Driver after completion of PUC with PCMB subjects?

The eligibility to appear in Loco Pilot examination is :-

Candidate must have passed ITI or Diploma degree from a recognised institute.

The age limit is 18-30 years.

So, you have to pursue diploma or ITI course to appear in examination.

The examination is conducted in written and interview stage. For details information about examination visit at www.rrb.gov.in.
31st August 2017, 11:17 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to apply for the post of Railway Driver:

Basically, the minimum educational qualification required for the post of Railway Driver is not 12th Class educational qualification. Infact, the minimum educational qualification required is "10th Class" or Matriculation from a recognized university.

Yes, you must have completed 10th Class from a recognized board/ university. And you must need to completed ITI approved by SCVT or NCVT in concerned trade to apply for this "Railway Driver" post.

Other than this, candidates who are from Diploma background are also eligible. If you have done ITI, then you will be eligible to apply for Railway Recruitment otherwise you may not be eligible.
1st September 2017, 12:04 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

The eligibility criteria for Railway Recruitment Board for Loco Pilot is:

Minimum academic qualification required for it is secondary school passed.

Age limit is 18-30 years.

You can apply for RRB Locopilot exam after completion of PUC with PCMB subjects.
25th December 2020, 11:26 PM
Unregistered

Pcmb what should take to become a train driver
27th March 2022, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

What can take in puc
15th June 2022, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

Sir iam a PCMB student
After completing my pu I will do mechanical engineering and become loco pilot
With RRB Examination
Is this possible sir? Are these qualifications to become loco pilot?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?