26th September 2016, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

How to become a railway driver?

Hi Sir, my name Santhosh Kumar I am from Bangalore (Karnataka). I have completed 12th in 2012 from arts stream. I want to apply for railway driver. Please help me Sir. What I have to do for this post? Please help me. My number is 07019099477.

26th September 2016, 06:15 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a railway driver?

RRB (railway recruitment board) conducts examination for railway driver post from time to time to fulfill the vacant positions in the railway department.

Eligibility criteria required to become a railway driver :-

-The candidate must have passed 10th/equivalent and should have done ITI from a recognized university or must have completed diploma in engineering in electrical/mechanical/electronics/automobile engineering.

-The candidate age limit should be in between 18 years to 30 years.

-The selection is done through written exam followed by the personal interview for the qualified candidates.The written examination for the post of train driver is conducted by the authority under the guidance of various Railway Recruitment Boards of the country.
27th September 2016, 12:31 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

To get a railway driver job you don't have to bother about the stream, it may be arts, science or commerce. In order to apply for railway driver post you have to clear the entrance examination conducted by the RRB (Railway Recruitment Board) every year for this post.

Here is the eligibility criteria to appear for this examination:

* You should have passed your 10th examination from a recognized board.

* you should hold an ITI degree from a recognized university or should have completed your diploma in engineering field like electrical/mechanical/electronics engineering.

* The age limit is 18 to 30 years and for SC/ST/OBC candidates it is 35 years.

The candidates who score well in the RRB examination will be selected for the above mentioned post and after that they have to attend a personal interview.

So, after clearing all the above formalities and proper training, you will get the job of railway driver.
27th September 2016, 01:33 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

In order to become a railway driver, you will have to clear RRB examination. The minimum eligibility criteria is mentioned below;

> You should have completed your +2 level of education or Diploma or B.Tech degree in any field.

> Your age should not be below 18 years and should not exceed the age of 30 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?