21st March 2017, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to become a railway engine driver?

Hello Sir, I am student in class 12th and I want to be engine driver in railway because whenever I go to anywhere in train. I think about engine driver whose drive safely and carefully. So, I also do this job and I am very new to this job and I want to do something special to Indian railway.

21st March 2017, 11:07 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Default Re: Procedure to become a railway engine driver?

To become a railway engine driver the candidate should have completed his matriculation from a recognized board this is the minimum eligibility, then the candidate need to appear for the exam which is conducted by the RRB (Railway Recruitment Board). The candidate should also have an ITI qualification degree. The age should be in between 18 to 30 years. The candidate who will successfully clear the exam will be called for a personal interview. If the candidate passes the interview, then the training will start after completion of the training the candidate will be appointed as a diesel or electric locomotive assistant driver then after a few months when the candidate will gain some experience and knowledge then the candidate will be promoted as a Railway engine driver.
22nd March 2017, 01:56 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

In order to become a railway engine driver you should have completed your 10th standard from a recognized board with ITI qualification in any specific trade. Or should have completed diploma in mechanical/automobile/electrical engineering etc. The age of the candidate should be in between 18 to 30 years, reserved category candidates will get age relaxation as per government norms.

With this eligibility you have to appear for RRB entrance examination and after qualifying the examination you will be given proper training. At first you will be appointed as an assistant of the engine driver later on after gaining experience you will be promoted to an engine driver.
14th June 2017, 06:59 PM
Ezhil Gold Shelton N

Smile Re: Procedure to become a railway engine driver?

To become a railway engine driver you should have the following eligibility criteria you should need to get passed in 10th standard or ITI fitter also you should need to have an additional qualification of a diploma qualification after that you should need to clear the loco pilot exam conducted by Indian railways after clearing this exam you will become a successful railway engine driver
1st June 2018, 10:04 AM
Unregistered

I want to do B.sc and also want to get a good salary job in railways. so, can I get good job in railway sector after B.sc ? if not then tell me what to do to get job in railway sector.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?