31st October 2016, 08:31 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for Railway engine driver after scoring 93% marks in Intermediate?

Respected Sir, I have passed class 12th and now I want to become Railway engine driver. Please tell me can I apply for Railway engine driver with such criteria?

2nd November 2016, 12:33 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Railway engine driver after scoring 93% marks in Intermediate?

Yes, you can become a railway engine driver with the above mentioned qualification and percentage. Here is the eligibility criteria to become a railway engine driver:

> Candidate should have passed their 10th standard and ITI in specific trade.

> Age should be in between 18 years to 30 years.

> Candidates have to appear for an entrance examination conducted by Railway Recruitment Board (RRB).

After clearing the examination, you will get proper training. At first you will be appointed as a diesel or electric locomotive assistant driver and after gaining proper experience you will get promotion an can become a railway engine driver
2nd November 2016, 06:16 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for Railway engine driver after scoring 93% marks in Intermediate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I have passed class 12th and now I want to become Railway engine driver. Please tell me can I apply for Railway engine driver with such criteria?
As per educational qualification, you are not eligible for railway engine driver post.

Those candidates who have completed diploma and ITI course from a recognized University are eligible for Assistant Loco Pilot exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.
2nd November 2016, 07:24 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Beside 12th, you will have to possess undermentioned qualification to apply for the post of railway engine driver.

Eligibility criteria to apply for the job of Railway engine driver :-

-The candidate must have passed 10th/equivalent and should have done ITI from a recognized university or must have completed diploma in engineering in electrical/mechanical/electronics/automobile engineering.

-The candidate age should be in between 18-30 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?