30th December 2017, 09:26 PM
sumitra choudhary@

Am I eligible for CDS OTA exam while doing B.Tech 3rd year Biotechnology?

I am Sumitra Choudhary, a 3rd-year student of B.Tech (medical) biotechnology, I want to know if I am eligible for the CDS (OTA) exam. and if yes can u provide me with the books for preparation and previous year question papers?

5th January 2018, 06:34 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for CDS OTA exam while doing B.Tech 3rd year Biotechnology?

No, you are not eligible to appear in CDS examination now. The required qualification to appear in examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree or pursuing in final year.

The age limit to appear for OTA is 19-25 years. The examination is conducted in two stages :-

Written.

SSB.

So, you will become to appear in examination next year. For detail information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in
5th January 2018, 09:59 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for CDS OTA exam while doing B.Tech 3rd year Biotechnology?

No, you are not eligible to apply for CDS OTA examination while doing B.Tech 3rd year Biotechnology course. To be eligible to apply for CDS OTA examination, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course or you should be in final year of Bachelor's degree course from a Government recognised university to be eligible to apply for CDS OTA examination. The age criteria required to apply for CDS OTA examination is 19 to 24 years. So, being a B.Tech 3rd student, you have to wait one more year to be eligible to apply for CDS OTA examination.
8th January 2018, 03:42 PM
chikkykranthi619

No sumitra am sorry to say that you are not eligible for writting the exam since you are still pursuing your engineering.
But son't worry just after one year when you come to fourth year you can apply till then prepare for the exam for the best books you can refer the materials listed below:
For Science and geography prepare Ncert books from Class 6–12
Current Affairs -->Monthly as well as Yearly Magazine
Fact : Lucent
Polity - Laxmikanth book is enough.
History and culture:-Ncert (class 6–12) + Fine Arts (Class 11–12)
Economy :- Ncert books of class 11–12 is sufficient.

Prepare well.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?