2nd January 2018, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to join PhD in Mechanical stream after PG in Nano?

I completed my B.Tech in Mechanical and then I completed PG in Nano Technology. Now I want to pursue PhD in Mechanical. Am I eligible to do so?

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility and procedure to join IIT Bombay for PhD in Mechanical stream?
  2. How to join integrated Ph.D in any mechanical stream? I have completed B.Tech in mechanical stream
  3. Job opportunities in India for Ph.D in Nano science?
  4. How may I do Ph.D program either in Mechanical or Management? What's the applying procedure and eligibility criteria for the same?
  5. Procedure to join ISRO for PhD in Mechanical Engineering candidate? -- [New]
  6. What are the job opportunities for Ph.D Nano tech in India?
  7. Which course to pursue to make a career in nanomedicine/nanoscience?
  8. Eligibility to do PhD course for who has completed Integrated M.Tech postgraduate on Diploma basis?
  9. Course on nanotechnology for computer engineering graduates?
  10. What subjects can we take in MS after doing B.Tech in Nanotechnology?
  11. How does Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Pune selects for PhD from ME Mechanical stream? Topics available in PhD?
  12. Internship at Tata Nano plant in Sanand
  13. PhD project topics available for Mechanical Engineering stream? Procedure to get admission in IITs?
  14. Details about GRE: Scope and colleges accepting GRE scores? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Scope and renumeration of nanotechnology in India and Abroad? Which are the colleges offering B.Tech Nanotechnology?
  16. Eligibility to study PhD in Sports Management for MBA student?
  17. In which stream I should do PhD if studying M.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  18. How much GRE and TOFEL score is required to be in safer position to get admission for Ph.D in US universities having completed M.Tech in Nano Science?
8th January 2018, 03:40 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to join PhD in Mechanical stream after PG in Nano?

You are eligible for studying PhD in Mechanical stream after completing your masters in Nano technology.

PhD (Doctorate in Philosophy) in Mechanical stream is a doctorate level degree. The duration of the course varies from 5 - 8 years.

The eligibility required for studying PhD in mechanical stream is to complete masters in science/ maths related stream with minimum 65% from any recognised university.
You need to attend and qualify in the entrance exam named GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering).

If you fulfil the eligibility requirements you can apply for the entrance exam and qualify the exam in merit. So that you can admission in PhD.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?