29th April 2017, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to join Indian Army through OTA?

Sir/mam as a girl I want to join an Indian army but my stream is humanity may I join. If yes how? If you say CDS then what should I do next.
I have to join OTA also if you help me my aim will get success.
Thank you.

29th April 2017, 06:13 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to join Indian Army through OTA?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for CDS entrance examination and after qualifying in examination eligible for OTA.

Candidates passed bachelor degree in any discipline are eligible to appear for examination. Only unmarried candidates age between 19-25 years are eligible.

The examination is conducted in two stages as written and SSB and candidates have to qualify in both stages of examination for final selection. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.

29th April 2017, 06:27 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

OTA stands for Officer's Training Academy. Union Public Service Commission conducts Combined Defence Service Examination twice every year for selection of candidates to different academy of Defence like:

>>Indian Military Academy.

>>Officer's Training Academy.

>>Air Force Academy.

>>Indian Naval Academy.

The eligibility criteria for OTA is that candidate must have done bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for examination. The age limit for OTA is 19-25 years.

You need to prepare for CDS exam. It has English Paper, General Awareness paper. For general knowledge static part, read NCERT books of social science from standard 6th to standard 12th. In case of English, Arihant Publication book will be good.

There are two stages of this exam, written test and Service Selection Board.

29th April 2017, 07:05 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

OTA refers to Officer's Training Academy and to be an officer in Indian Army through OTA you need to qualify CDS entrance examination.

--> CDS refers to Combined Defense Services and same examination is held by UPSC twice every year and the minimum requirement for joining OTA through CDS entrance examination you must have the qualifications mentioned below :-

* You must have the citizenship of India.

* Your age must lie within 19 years to 25 years.

* You must have completed your graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

* You must satisfy the physical requirement norm as specified in the notification released for the same examination.

For more details and updates CDS entrance examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.

29th April 2017, 11:02 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Unmarried girls are eligible for Officer Training Academy.

Recruitment to OTA is done through Combined Defence Services exam. Eligibility criteria for CDS exam is:

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree from a recognized university.

Age limit: 19-25 years.

You can apply for CDS exam after bachelor's degree. If a candidates cracks both written test and Service Selection board, he or she is able to join this academy.

30th April 2017, 09:56 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

OTA stands for Officer's Training Academy and it is one of the four wings of CDS ( Combined Defense Services ) and therefore to join OTA you need to qualify CDS entrance examination held by UPSC twice every year.

--> Further for appearing in CDS entrance examination to join OTA you need to have the qualifications given below :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 19 years to 25 years.

* You must have completed your bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Student's pursuing final year of same degree are also eligible.

* You must satisfy the physical fitness norms as mentioned in notification released for the same examination.

For more details and updates regarding CDS entrance examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?