5th April 2013, 01:30 PM
Neeru78

Am I eligible to clear IIT after passing 12th with 74%?

I'm a 12th student I got only 74% in my 11th exam Will it be possible for me clear IIT? I'm not going for any coaching.And i won't be able to waste 1 year after 12th for entrance preparation Pls advice me on the books that i should buy and on how I should prepare?

27th April 2015, 10:57 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to clear IIT after passing 12th with 74%?

For getting admission in IIT you will have to go through Joint Entrance Examination conducted by Central Board o Secondary Education once in a year.

The examination is held into two phases which are as :-

Phase I ) JEE Mains :- For this you will have to do your 12th with Physics , Chemistry and Mathematics as your main subjects with a minimum of 50% marks in each of the mentioned subjects .

Phase II) JEE Advance :- You will have to first qualify the JEE Mains examination and also you must be among the top 20% student of your respective 12th board on the basis of percentage of marks scored .

To get admission in IIT you have to qualify in both the phases .

Since the Cutoff of board examinations for appearing in the JEE Advance is not fixed and changes by year so the exact prediction of your eligibility is not possible .Also for different boards the cutoffs are different too .

For better preparation for this examination you should try to solve the objective problems as the questions are objective and based on the applications of topics which you study for the board examinations .

So you can go for books based on objective problems by any of the publications like Pearson , Shri Balaji , Bharti Bhawan , GRB , Pradeep etc. .
30th May 2015, 10:05 PM
Chandrprakash34
Senior Member+

Yes there is no problem to appear in IIT with 74% in 12th Class.You can apply for this Exam.But you have to pass this exam in 3 attempts.There is only 3 chances are given to every students to clear the JEE Main and Pre Exam.

So you have to prepare yourself to crack this Exam.You have to study hard and with smartness.The Syllabus for this Exam is Maths,Physics and Chemistry.

You have to pass these three subjects.The Exam would be Objective and there is negative marking in this Exam.So i suggest don't attempt the questions whose answer is not known by you.
31st May 2016, 04:50 PM
Unregistered

I have got 75% in class 12th and I want admission in IIT and my jee is not good so shall I drop this year to prepare for IIT ? Shall I get admission with 74% in12th?
1st June 2017, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

I have got 40 marks in jee mains caste St and got qualified to advance can I get NIT seats
29th May 2018, 12:37 PM
Unregistered

I have got 74% in my 12th class board exam can I reappear for her entrance exam ?
24th September 2019, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

What we have to qualify after 12th to become an ies
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?