28th January 2011, 08:42 PM
rkumarvit

Eligibility for admission in IIT without passing additional paper (Maths) in 12th standard?

Sir im pass in pcb in +2 but in additional paper that was math i failed to clear
will it be a problem during admission in iit

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to join graduation course in Maths if I was not able to pass 12th standard in Science?
  2. Is is possible to appear for 12th Physics and Maths papers again? Procedure to enroll for that?
  3. Eligibility to appear for CDAC exam after 12th with Biology stream and additional Maths subject but BCA without Maths?
  4. Is there any entrance exam for joining BCA after 12th? How much marks required in 12th to join BCA? Is it compulsory to take Maths?
  5. Admission in B.Com is possible without Maths in 12th standard?
  6. What are the options for me after passing 12th? I am doing 12th commerce with subjects of ACC, ECo, BST, English, computer and Maths
  7. Am I eligible for engineering after passing 12th in Physics, Chemistry, Biology with Maths as additional paper?
  8. Am I eligible to study Maths in B.Com if pursuing 12th Commerce with Physical Education?
  9. Is Maths mandatory for B.Sc(Hons) Physics from Delhi University?
  10. Is it possible for me to do MCA course if I have done 12th without maths?
  11. What is the procedure followed for getting admission in BHU after passing 12th standard?
  12. Can I get admission in MCA without studying Maths in 12th standard? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Eligibility requirement of B.Sc admission in Gujarat?
  14. Can I do any degree course after passing my 12th standard?
  15. What shall I do to pursue IIT having completed 10th recently?
  16. Is it possible to get admission in 12th in a different school after failing in 11th standard?
  17. What to do after passing 12th as a Computer Maths Student? What all courses are available after 12th? Which course has more job opportunities and salary?
  18. Am I eligible to do BCA if I have completed 12th arts course without maths? -- [New]
29th January 2011, 07:13 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Eligibility for admission in IIT without passing additional paper (Maths) in 12th standard?

Dear friend,

Sorry to inform you that without clearing additional math paper of 10+2 you are not eligible for admission in any engineering college.

As you are interested in B.E. so first clear additional math paper of 10+2 . Then apply for IIT/AIEEE enterance exam.

All the best.
29th January 2011, 11:51 AM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Default Re: Eligibility for admission in IIT without passing additional paper (Maths) in 12th standard?

hi buddy!!!

It will be a problem as the eligibility says you should pass in 12th with PCM, so try to clear maths paper this year itself by writing your comparmental exam.

That will be good option for you.

All the best!!!
29th January 2011, 08:04 PM
diego
Banned

This seems to be a complicated issue... IIT-eligibility does not say anything about it in particular, It says you need to have passed +2 with min 60%.
I would suggest you write to IIT AND ASK FOR A CLARIFICATION ,use RTI,if you have 2.
You cannot believe anybody other than IIT committee... coz theirs will be the final decision.
25th March 2011, 08:02 PM
rocking_indian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkumarvit View Post
Sir im pass in pcb in +2 but in additional paper that was math i failed to clear
In order to take admission in iit you have to clear maths paper
it does not depend on whats your optional is , the only thing needed is 60% marks in pcm
25th March 2011, 08:03 PM
rocking_indian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkumarvit View Post
In order to take admission in iit you have to clear maths paper
it does not depend on whats your optional is , the point important to remember is to score 60% marks in pcm
30th April 2011, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

can i give iit exam after my cet\AIEEE
29th June 2011, 08:08 PM
Unregistered

I have taken PCB and maths as additional subject .can i sit for AIEEE or other engineering exams.
2nd September 2012, 01:08 PM
Unregistered

last year i appear in west bengal counsil of higher secondary education's exam but i can't pass in math and chemistry.in coming year i can give only chemistry exam[because math was my additional subject and counsil's rule is the bareer] . i want to clear math subject and get degree in math .what can i do? please give me a wayout .it is urgent
21st April 2013, 12:34 PM
Unregistered

i also have a question are there any courses in iit for bio medical without maths or any other course in iit which doesnt need maths !! cauz i have taken pcb as my subjects i dont have maths ~~ !! plz reply
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?