25th June 2011, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

Should I take a drop after 12th for IIT JEE preparations?

Sir may i take drop after 12 for iit preparation if i will take then clear iit or not because i want to clear because my aim is to clear iit and admission in good college in india or the world sir give me answer for i should take dropf after 12 or not? thankyou sir

25th June 2011, 10:27 PM
sanjay kumar saini
Senior Member+

Default Re: Should I take a drop after 12th for IIT JEE preparations?

There are two chanches for you to crack IIT.

First chance with 12th class.

Second chance next year of the 12th class.so you can do preparation after 12th.

IIT is top level exam for the students who wants to do engineering.To crack IIT is not a easy task.to crack IIT you require hard work,study daily 7-8hours regularly.

Regular study is very important in sudccess of IIT exam.

To crack IIT exam your fundamental concept should be clear.you can't crack IIT by simple study.

Without join any institute it is vey difficult to crack IIT exam.I advise you to join best institute to crack IIT exam.
26th June 2011, 12:25 AM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Should I take a drop after 12th for IIT JEE preparations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir may i take drop after 12 for iit preparation if i will take then clear iit or not because i want to clear because my aim is to clear iit and admission in good college in india or the world sir give me answer for i should take dropf after 12 or not? thankyou sir

STUDY BREAK FOR IIT PREPARATION

Yes, if you are really interested and motivated to do your course in IIT then you can take a break in study for IIT preparation...

-> It depends upon few more factors though.. It will be good if you take break if you have already started your preparation for IIT from your 10th std or so..

-> If you are confident enough that you can work hard and prepare well for the exam without wasting time then you can take the break...

-> But always know this it's your future, so think well and take the decision and don't be late for the right decision...

All the Best..
26th June 2011, 01:21 AM
kritika@Hans

hi dear,
yes you have to drop out for one year and join the best institute for yourself may i tell you the name and addresses of some best institute..
Regd. Office: Aakash Tower, Plot No.-4, Sector-11, Dwarka, New Delhi-110075. Ph.: (011) 47623456 Fax: (011) 47623472. Email: [email protected]
Copyright 2009-2010 aakashinstitute.com. All rights reserved.

[email protected]
26th June 2011, 02:08 AM
amitranjan.nitt

the question you are asking,first you should ask this question to your self that you really wanna go to iit and if yes can you qualify it after taking a drop..??.and if you get positive answer then go for it you will certainly qualify it because self confidence is very much necessary in doing some great work...
Apart from it indentify the mistakes due to which you failed to qualify this time and then work on it, then success will be in your hand.
There is nothing bad taking time for a good cause..

ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR PREPARATION
26th June 2011, 03:44 AM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

Preparation time required by you for cracking IIT-JEE entrance exam depends totally on you.
If you have too much of potential then you can crack the exam along with your 10+2 exam.
It depends on your grasping power more.
If you are an average student then it may not be possible for you to handle 10+2 exam & IIT-JEE exam together.So in that case you will be required to take a gap of one year & prepare for it.

Taking a gap of one year is done by many of IIT aspirants.Many of them succeed to crack the exam.
So even if you take a gap of one year then make one-thing sure that you will be serious towards your study & will work hard.
You will be required to focus completely in cracking IIT exam throughout the year.
So first ask yourself that will you be able to focus throughout the year & be determined.If yes then you may take a gap of one year.
So your decision depends totally on you & not on any one else..........
26th June 2011, 06:44 AM
dineshpandiyan

Smile Re: Should I take a drop after 12th for IIT JEE preparations?

Yes, you should Prepare for IIT JEE exam. I have some question papers of IIT

JEE includes Preiminay and General knowledge papers.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IIT-JEE_Paper1_with_solution.pdf(445.2 KB, 490 views)
File Type: pdf IIT-JEE_Paper2_with_solution.pdf(615.7 KB, 385 views)
26th June 2011, 03:30 PM
siddharthkathuria

Red face Re: Should I take a drop after 12th for IIT JEE preparations?

Quote:

from my own experience,i am telling you that if you are getting a good college,just go for it...its really very tough to stay at home and prepare for one year...you can side by side prepare for iit as well..you get ample time in college...you just need to study during exam time...so...just take admission somewhere and then prepare for iit as well...
26th June 2011, 04:03 PM
sandymishra45

Arrow Re: Should I take a drop after 12th for IIT JEE preparations?

Hi,

IIT JEE is very tough entrance exam to IIT. It needs very hard work to qualify. If you want to take admission in IIT and want to go through IIT JEE you should kept some things in your mind.

1. If you have already started your preparation then it is nice but if you are going to start now then it will take 2-3-4 years to qualify.

2. It totally depends on your hard work, it needs lots of hard work.

3. It is your future. So think about it, because it may waste your time also.

4. There are other choices also like you can do B.Tech. and can perform well in campus interviews and can get well placements.
26th June 2011, 10:37 PM
322raj

hi friend, if you are really want to an IITian, you can take a drop after 12. but before it you should check yourself that you are really ready for it. you have strength to qualify your examination. It is not only dependent on your 12th marks but also on your interest. if you are really ready then go head. iit colleges are:-
Attached Files
File Type: docx The IITs are located in.docx(17.8 KB, 174 views)
29th June 2011, 02:33 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
IIT-JEE is one of the toughest exam in the world.. to crack these type of exam you have to prepare yourself very well.. you must have clear concept...
so, if your preparation for 12th is very good with vast concept then you can go for IIT-JEE... otherwise if you think that you are not prepare enough to crack IIT-JEE, then take a break and prepare yourself... you may join some institutes to take preparation..they trained you.. they provide you some sample question papers, guideline..

All the best....
4th August 2011, 09:33 AM
Unregistered

which book is the best for home prepration ?
4th August 2011, 05:47 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
dear friend,
dropping a year and doing preparation of iit jee exam is a very difficult step to be taken. Just dropping a year does not mean that you will surely get admission in iit. A lot of hard work is needed for that.
you will have to study a lot and give all your time to your studies.
if you are ready and confident enough about yourself that you will crack iit, then only drop one year.
if you are willing to drop, then you must take coaching from a good institute for your good preparation. there are a lot of good institutions like resonance, bansal, fiitjee, super 30 etc. you must join any one of them.
for cracking iit jee exam, not only hard work is required but strategy is also required for preparation. you must first study from ncert books to clear your concept. after that i will suggest you to study from
tata mcgraw hills for maths
d c pandey for physics
arihant for chemistry
you must also for once try to solve all the previous years question papers to get the knowledge of pattern and difficulty level of the exam.
while solving the sample papers, never see the solution directly. first try to solve the questions by yourself two to three times. if then also you fail, then see the solution.
you must remember these tips to get good result.
good luck.
25th August 2011, 09:06 PM
kameshsriram

Hi friend,

you can take drop after 12th completion because your aim is to get admission into iit .... Prepare sincerely for the exam .......

Refer th e books as follows:

For physics,

1.d.c.pandey,

2.h.c.verma,

for maths ,

tmh,

r.d.sharma,

for chemistry,

o.p.tandon,
25th August 2011, 11:30 PM
saugata2008

Yes , you can take a drop .Because according to me IIT-JEE is one of the toughest exam and a 1 year gap is acceptable in any company .If you can crack the IIT-JEE , a bright future is waiting for you.

thank you
26th August 2011, 12:39 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

dropping a year is generally not advisable but if u dont get admission into a good college then u can drop a year and prepare well,,but if u are dropping ayear then dont let ur focus stray away anywhere from ur preparations..
all the best..

hope this helps..
26th August 2011, 12:54 AM
ANAND JHA.01

Dear Friend,
I think that leaving an year is very dangerous for you.Because at present you are in 12th and you are consistant in your study and whatever you had studied in 11th and 12th is fresh in your mind so study with full focus and give the exam this year to have good exam. Best Of Luck For exam
26th August 2011, 01:35 AM
ANIAAAAANNNNNIIIII00000

Dear,
You can take drop but you should take admission to any of the colleges others wise at the time of campusing you will face problem.
26th August 2011, 01:58 AM
Bullo

Hii..

It totally depends on you whether you want to give yourself a chance by dropping a year for IIT...
Firstly ask yourself a question that Whether you feel you can do it or not..??
If you are confident that YES you can do it then go for it otherwise change your decision..

So...If you really want to drop a year then you should join an appropriate coaching clas as early as possible...so that you save your time..
Not only that ,you will have to work extremly harder..and dont take it casually...

I believe you will achieve your goal...
All the very best!!
26th August 2011, 12:24 PM
Mannu2525

It's entirely your decision. We are here to just mentors you. My suggest to go with your inner voice. If you think you will crack the exam by preparing one whole year then go ahead and drop your year but if you have any dilemma about that then I advice you to search another option.

GOOD LUCK
28th August 2011, 06:54 PM
Senior Member+

Caution: First Of All Don't Get into this Mood

Quote:
Quieries About A Longterm Course For IIT-JEE

Q- may i take drop after 12 for iit preparation
Well as many People have Already hinted you on this Fact, I think there's nothing much to say here. But i would surely Recommend you to go through this Post- Should I join IIT coaching classes or do self study?
if i will take then clear iit or not
Well, This can't be Answered by any Soul on this Earth Because it Entirely Depends on your Mindset and Your Potentiality. And nay you Require a Tremendous Wil Power and Don't pay any heed to the Outside World when you are on it. Not even your Fellow Buddies who might just try and Misguide you incase. Be very very Careful with your Strategy and Plans. And Having said that lets move to your Next Quiery.
my aim is to clear iit and admission in good college in india or the world
Its good to have this Kind of Attitude, And the only thing that i Would Suggest you is that you should be Ready to Put in a lot of Hardwork & Dedication into your Work.
To hint you on the Strategy Step in your Preparation, Here is the Cut off Marks For the Past Years: http://jee.iitd.ac.in/cutoff2009.php & http://jee.iitd.ac.in/cutoff2010.php & here for the Latest Cut-Offs (2011)http://jee.iitd.ac.in/mqmr.php

The Reason why I Do Provide you The Links here is, You Can get a Clear Picture of what the IIT's really Demand Of you. Or In other Words, It Hints you on How much hardwork and Dedication you have to put in..

The First Thing is that, Just Ask yourself, "Will I be Able to Clear the Cut-off Score? and Let me tell you Another thing: Just Passing into IIT's doesn't Fetch you any good College. You shall have to be in the Top 3000 to 4000 to land up in some Good IIT's. Just Keep in mind!!!

Here's An Insight into the matter: http://jee.iitd.ac.in/oldqp.php

Hope that Helps you in your Decision Making!

Regards,

Nik
21st September 2011, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

sir ,right now i am in class XII AND I AM NOT MUCH CONFIDENT OF MY SELECTION IN JEE.......I HAVE BEEN SELECTED IN KVPY AND IAPT IN CLASS XI BUT AS NOW ITS A PEAK PERIOD...........I AM CONFUSED WHAT TO DO ............EITHER STUDY FOR BOARDS AND DROP NEXT YEAR .....OR CONTINUE WITH MY SLOW PREPARATIONS FOR JEE?
5th October 2011, 10:35 PM
Senior Member+

Quote:
sir ,right now i am in class XII AND I AM NOT MUCH CONFIDENT OF MY SELECTION IN JEE.......I HAVE BEEN SELECTED IN KVPY AND IAPT IN CLASS XI BUT AS NOW ITS A PEAK PERIOD...........I AM CONFUSED WHAT TO DO ............EITHER STUDY FOR BOARDS AND DROP NEXT YEAR .....OR CONTINUE WITH MY SLOW PREPARATIONS FOR JEE?
I HAVE BEEN SELECTED IN KVPY AND IAPT IN CLASS XI
Thats pretty good i must say.. congrats!!! So when you are so bright, why not try IIT this time? Anyhow IIT Gives you two chances,ryt? so i Suggest you to go for JEE this time and if not cleared, You can Always Try the next time by dropping an year..
I AM NOT MUCH CONFIDENT OF MY SELECTION IN JEE
There's still time where you can Gather up enough Confidence, so Go for it.. Keep Preparing and Revising from time to time.. That is what JEE tests you in..
EITHER STUDY FOR BOARDS AND DROP NEXT YEAR OR CONTINUE WITH MY SLOW PREPARATIONS FOR JEE?
You See 12th marks are Important, So you can't Neglect 'em Either.. I suggest you to keep Preparing for your Boards and side by side whenever you find certain Free time, Brush through the Previous year Question Papers.. And Try Relating them to what you are currently studying or have already done so..
Hmmm.. so hope that gives you a little Clear Picture..

GoodLuck!!!!!

Regards,

Nik
6th October 2011, 07:21 AM
sidbond

Taking a gap of one year is done by many of IIT aspirants.Many of them succeed to crack the exam.
So even if you take a gap of one year then make one-thing sure that you will be serious towards your study & will work hard.
You will be required to focus completely in cracking IIT exam throughout the year.
So first ask yourself that will you be able to focus throughout the year & be determined.If yes then you may take a gap of one year.

Dropping is a serious issue. You may be asked while placements about your reason to drop. So be wise in your choice and decision.

Good Luck.
18th January 2012, 12:58 PM
Unregistered

is it necessary to refer various books for preperation?
20th January 2012, 01:29 AM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

Well dear its nice to see that you want to prepare for IITJEE right from the beginning of your 11th.

Syllabus for IITJEE is not different from that of board exams except few topics, also the main thing is the difficulty level of question asked.

For example -

Some questions from physics.

1) Board question - What is meant by impedance ?

IITJEE question - To what a phasor diagram for the impedance in RL circuit. looks like?

2) Board question - What is a zener diode?

IITJEE question - How is zener diode used as a dc voltage regulator ?

So, you can understand that matter is same what you have studied in your board syllabus but the trick of question and difficulty level is the thing which make IITJEE tougher enough.

So, for developing such higher level of understanding your basic concepts must be clear, and you have to take your thinking capability to such extent. So for that purpose you will need a proper guidence. And for that you have the better option to opt for any good coaching or private tutor.
19th June 2012, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

sir i had taken coaching during my first attempt for iit but still cant cleared it now i want to drop one year and i am confused whether i join coaching again or rely on self study help me
19th June 2012, 10:32 PM
padhakudkt

if you are strongly determine to study in the most prestigious institute of our country!
then go for it!
BUT REMEMBER ITS NOT THE EASY TASK!
it is one of the toughest exam in our country!
you should be regular with your study!
daily revision, 10 hours study is must!
if you do this you will find yourself in the merit list of the iit!
best of luck!
24th June 2012, 08:57 PM
aatif1

Let me tell you my dear friend that this solely depends on you. If you believe that your preparations are of not that standard then it is advisable to not waste an opportunity by sitting for the exam right after 12th because you are allowed to sit for IITJEE only twice in your lifetime.

If you are dropping for 1 year to prepare for IITJEE then it is advisable to join a good coaching institute like FIITJEE to maximise your chances of success. Moreover you will be able to complete a very valuable revision in such a coaching institute.

Best of luck!!!
6th July 2012, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

Shoul i take a drop for iit jee after 12th, i have never prepared for it from class 10th ??? what to do sir ??
22nd March 2013, 08:09 AM
Unregistered

i am going to study in class 11th......i am thinking i should start iit after 12th.....so that i can focus only on iit preparations only ,with a good percentage of marks in 2......so my question is that it is gonna fine or not..........
6th May 2013, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANIAAAAANNNNNIIIII00000 View Post
Dear,
You can take drop but you should take admission to any of the colleges others wise at the time of campusing you will face problem.
sir, what type of problem i will face if i take a drop?
7th May 2013, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

i am a topper and i am sure that i will get above 96%in 12th state board and i need to join in iit so will 1 year gap help me and pls tell me that there is no disadvantage in that please send me the answer at [email protected]
10th May 2013, 10:50 PM
Unregistered

sir ,i have started preparing for jee in class 11th in anot well known coaching institute i tried hard and staied there in 1st position . but after the result iwas shocked i got 143 marks i mp pept and 92 in jee mains i am gettin govt college in mp but idont think that this should be the result of my two years long preparations so please guide me to my destiny . i am also thinking for taking the drop through rankers point indore . So please guide me
29th May 2013, 02:37 PM
Unregistered

sir/madam, well I am confused what to do whether take a chance to drop or take admission in any engineering college and my score was not so good because I never paid any attention towards iit studies but now I am focused plz suggest me
12th December 2013, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

is taking drop harmful ?????
8th May 2014, 11:03 PM
Unregistered

I got 163 marks in jee main 2014 but I have 2year gap after class 10th board.so I want to know I am elligibel for jee advance or not please tell me quickly
20th July 2014, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

i think we should set our goal and work accordingly to it no matter how many time we not get success because ultimately we achieve our goal.
22nd May 2017, 06:11 PM
Unregistered

I have just passed my 12 class , I want to be an iitan I am thinking to take a drop but I belongs to a poor family, my family can only give 10000 to 15000 for jee coaching what is the best coaching in bhopal for me through easy scholarship test or not, I am hardworking and I believe that I can crack jee
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?