6th June 2017, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do BA in hotel management after completion of 12th in commerce?

Am I eligible to do BA in hotel management after completion of 12th in commerce? Can you please give me the complete details on the same? I am not sure about the criteria which is followed to apply for the course. Awaiting for the response.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do Hotel Management course after completion of B.Com course?
  2. How to study Bachelor of Hotel Management after 12th Commerce?
  3. Possibility to study Hotel Management course from best IIHM if failed in 12th (Commerce) in first attempt?
  4. Which is the best stream to study for a hotel management aspirant?
  5. Can I get admission to study Bachelor of Hotel Management after completion of 12th Commerce?
  6. Is it beneficial to study Hotel Management for girl candidate? Starting salary after completion of this course?
  7. Procedure to get admission in hotel management after 12th with commerce stream
  8. Can I do hotel management after B.Com completion?
  9. Career in Hotel management & catering after 12th commerce without maths? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Eligibility for doing Hotel Management course after B.Com?
  11. How much percentage in 12th is required to apply for hotel management course?
  12. Can I do Hotel management after passing 12th Commerce?
  13. Eligibility of joining Hotel Management course after scoring 76% marks in 10th? Colleges offering Hotel Management course in Solapur Maharashtra?
  14. Eligibility to study Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology for 11th Arts student?
  15. Am I eligible to do MBA hotel management course after completion of B.Sc with one year gap in 12th?
  16. Best colleges for Hotel Management in Mumbai? Is there any entrance exam for Hotel Management course?
  17. Which is better to study among BBA in Hotel Management and Bachelor of Hotel Management for 12th Commerce female candidate?
  18. Which course/degree to do after 12th in commerce stream for becoming CS or to have a career in Hotel management?
7th June 2017, 10:54 AM
LiyaSharan

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to do BA in hotel management after completion of 12th in commerce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to do BA in hotel management after completion of 12th in commerce? Can you please give me the complete details on the same? I am not sure about the criteria which is followed to apply for the course. Awaiting for the response.
Hi..
The basic eligibility criteria for admission in Hotel Management courses are to qualify 12th or graduation (based on the level of the course), with 50% marks in any discipline.
So you are also eligible to apply for BSc in Hotel Management in good institutes like Institute of Hotel Management, Lovely Professional University, Christ university, Wisdom school of management etc.
The available courses in the discipline are BSc in Hotel Management, BSc in Airlines Tourism and Hospitality, BBA in Tourism and Hospitality etc.
These courses are 3 year courses and course fee is different for different institutes.
Some of the institutes are offering scholarships to the meritorious students. Good placement opportunities are also there in this field.

You can visit the websites of these institutes for more information.
7th June 2017, 07:37 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do BA in hotel management after completion of 12th in commerce?

For admission in Hotel Management you have to apply for entrance exam which is conducted by the concerned Institute or University.

The best option is NHMCTT JEE for admission in IHMS across the country.

Any stream class 12th pass candidates can apply for this entrance exam.

Admission Procedure:-

Admission will be based on rank through counselling.
7th June 2017, 08:10 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do BA in hotel management after completion of 12th in commerce?

Eligibility criteria to apply for Hotel Management course after passing 12th are as under:-

-The candidate must have passed 10+2 with English as compulsory subject or an equivalent qualification with at least 50% marks from a recognized board.

-The candidate age should not be more than 22 years for getting admission after 12th .

Selection to most of the government recognized institutes is based on common entrance test.

-The selection process involves of

* written test

* group discussion and

* interview.
7th June 2017, 10:45 PM
rachamallamanoj

Yes you can do BA hotel management after completing 12th commmerce.
The basic eligibility for BA hotel management is
1. You must complete 12th in any stream
2. You should have minimum 50% marks in 12th

You can take admission basing on this criteria. The topics you will learn in this course are
1. Special events marketing
2. Food and beverage controls
3. Catering management
4. Security and loss prevention
5. Hospitality facilities management
6. Dining room service

The best hotel management colleges in India are
1. Indian Institute of Hotel Management (IIHM)
2. Welcome Group Graduate School of Hotel Administration
3. Rizvi College of Hotel Management
4. R. M. Institute Of Hotel Management
5. Merit Swiss Asian School of Hotel Management
6. Oberoi Centre of Learning and Development
7. Lakshya Bhartee Institute of International Hotel Management
8. Indian Institute of Hotel Management and Culinary Arts
9. IIMT Hotel Management College
10. GESTO Culinary & Hospitality Academy
11. EIKON Academy of Hotel Management
12. Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Hotel Management
8th June 2017, 12:09 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you are eligible to pursue BSc in hotel management after passing your 12th standard with commerce stream.
To be eligible to pursue a degree course in hotel management a candidate must have passed 12th in any discipline from a recognised board with minimum 50% marks.
Moreover if you are interested to take seat in government institute then you have to appear in the all India hotel management entrance test that is NAMCET.
8th June 2017, 01:13 AM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

To pursue Hotel Management 3 year degree course:

- Aspirants must have done their plus 2 from a recognised board with minimum 50% marks and relaxation of 5% is provided to reserved categories.

- Students from any stream are eligible to pursue this course.

- As you have passed your 12th standard with commerce stream so you are eligible.
8th June 2017, 05:12 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Yes, you can pursue BA in Hotel Management course after completion of intermediate in commerce.. Candidates who have completed their intermediate in any stream from a recognized board are eligible to do this course. Your age should be below 22 years. Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?