11th June 2016, 05:42 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to get admission in hotel management after 12th with commerce stream

I have just appeared for 12th HSC exam with commerce stream. I want to do course in hotel management field. From where I would get the application form and which institute is best for studying this course. I want each and every detail about hotel management course.

Related Questions:
  1. Which is the best stream to study for a hotel management aspirant?
  2. Which course/degree to do after 12th in commerce stream for becoming CS or to have a career in Hotel management?
  3. Can I do Hotel management after passing 12th Commerce?
  4. Is it possible to study Hotel Management after studying Commerce in 12th?
  5. Eligibility criteria and procedure of admission in Hotel Management course for 12th science qualified student?
  6. Procedure to get admission for study Hotel Management Diploma course for 11th Commerce student?
  7. Can I get admission to study Bachelor of Hotel Management if pursuing 12th Commerce without Mathematics and Economics?
  8. Career in Hotel management & catering after 12th commerce without maths? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Eligibility to study Hotel Management in Graduation for 12th Commerce student?
  10. How to get admission in hotel management with below average marks in 12th?
  11. Eligibility of joining Hotel Management course after scoring 76% marks in 10th? Colleges offering Hotel Management course in Solapur Maharashtra?
  12. Can i do Hotel management after 12th with arts stream without giving any entrance exam?
  13. Can i get admission in any institute of Hotel Management now?
  14. Entrance exam to be answered to do Hotel Management course after passing 12th commerce?
  15. Fee structure and minimum percentage required in 12th to get admission in Bachelor of Hotel Management? Is there any entrance exam for admission?
  16. Best colleges for Hotel Management in Mumbai? Is there any entrance exam for Hotel Management course?
  17. How much percentage is required for hotel management? What is the procedure to get admission in Pusa institution?
  18. Which are the colleges for hotel management for commerce stream?
11th June 2016, 11:27 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to get admission in hotel management after 12th with commerce stream

You have to appear in a entrance exam for admission in hotel management degree course. Any stream students can apply for this course. The best option will be NHMCT JEE which is conducted every year for admission in IHMs across India.
Admission will be on the basis of written exam and seats will be allotted based on the rank in entrance exam . Hence, just be prepared for the entrance exam.
12th June 2016, 12:31 AM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to get admission in hotel management after 12th with commerce stream

As you are interested to get admission in Hotel Management degree course after completion of 12th ,so you have to qualify the entrance exam conducted by Top Institutes of Hotel Management in our country. You must have scored at least 50% marks and 45% for reserved categories at intermediate level. Admission will be given to you on the basis of rank of obtained the merit list.
12th June 2016, 12:34 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely as a Commerce student you are eligible to pursue 3 year degree course in Hotel Management but for that you have to appear in the entrance exam conducted by the hotel management institute of our country. The minimum eligibility criteria required to appear in this entrance exam is 12th standard in any discipline with minimum 50% marks.
Admission is given on the basis of marks and rank obtained in the merit list prepared by the institute on the basis of entrance exam.
12th June 2016, 09:49 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do hotel management course after 12th in Commerce stream.

Eligibility criteria for admission to hotel management course :-

-Academic qualification : 12th class with at least 50% marks and must have studied
English as compulsory subject at +2 level.

-Selection Procedure : Through Entrance exam conducted by the concerned university.

-Entrance Exam Syllabus : English language, numerical aptitude, scientific aptitude, logical deduction and reasoning.
12th June 2016, 01:33 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to pursue Hotel Management Course:

The basic educational qualification required to pursue this Hotel Management Course is "12th Class" in 10+2 pattern in any discipline from a recognized university. As you have successfully completed 12th Class from Commerce stream, I am sure that you are certainly eligible to pursue this Hotel Management Course.

List of Entrance Exams to get admission in Hotel Management Course:

>> National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology JEE Examination (for admission into Hotel management course jointly with IGNOU)
>> NIMCET (National Level Entrance Test/ All India Entrance Exam) conducted by NIT's
>> Respective college's Entrance Exams
>> IHM Auragabad
>> IHM Faridabad
>> CIHM Entrance Exam

Top hotel management colleges in India include,
* Institute of Hotel Management Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition, Mumbai
http://www.ihmctan.edu/
* Institute of Hotel Management Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition, New Delhi
http://www.ihmpusa.net/
* IHM, Kolkata
http://www.ihmkolkata.org/
* IHM, Faridabad
http://www.ihmfaridabad.com/
* IHM Aurangabad
http://www.ihmaurangabad.ac.in/
12th June 2016, 02:15 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have just appeared for 12th HSC exam with commerce stream. I want to do course in hotel management field. From where I would get the application form and which institute is best for studying this course. I want each and every detail about hotel management course.

The aspirant can study B.A in Hotel Management after 12th in commerce stream. The eligibility to study the course is a pass in 10+2. The duration of the course is 3 years. The aspirant should apply to the course either online or offline mode. The marks scored in the 12th Class are considered for the admission. If selected you get the intimation from the institute, then you have to pay fees and join the course. The course is available in the following institutions like;

- Subash Bose Institute of Hotel Management (SBIHM) - Official Website
- Institute of Hotel and Tourism Management (IHTM) – 2nd Floor, J.M.Road, Pune
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University - Official Website
- Maharashtra Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology - Official Website
12th June 2016, 08:54 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# Minimum required educational qualification for Hotel Management course is intermediate in any stream with above 50% marks in aggregate.

# Required age limit:

* 18-252years for general category.
* 18-25 years for SC/ST category.

# Admission for hotel management courses are directly based on the performance and rank of the candidate in the hotel management entrance examinations which is further followed by personal counselling and allotment of college/institute.

# Names of few hotel management entrance examinations in this regard are mentioned below:

* BIT Mesra Hotel Management Entrance Examination conducted by BIT Mesra
* JET Entrance Examination conducted by Guru Nanak Institute of Hotel Management
* NCHMCT JEE conducted by National Council of Hotel Management and Catering Technology
* HIHT Entrance Examination conducted by Heritage Institute of Hotel and Tourism
* AIMA UGAT conducted by All India Management Association
* AIHMCT WAT conducted by Army Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology
* Oberoi STEP conducted by Oberoi Centre for Learning and Development
* IIHM eCHAT conducted by International Institute of Hotel Management
* Ecole Hoteliere Lavasa Entrance Examination conducted by Ecole Hoteliere Lavasa
* BVP University Hotel Management Entrance Test conducted by Bharati Vidyapeeth University
* DTE Hotel Management & Catering Technology Entrance Examination (DTE HMCT) conducted by Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Maharashtra

# Names of few good hotel management colleges/institutes are given below:

* Ambrosia Institute of Hotel Management (AIHM), Pune
* Kapol Institute of Hotel Management, Mumbai
* Alliance Institute of Management & Hotel Management, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh
* Amazon College of Hotel Management, Hyderabad
* Central Institute of Hotel Management and Catering, Bhubaneswar, Odisha
* Arabinda Basu Institute of Hotel Management, Kolkata
* Canan School of Catering and Hotel Management, Chennai
* Arsan Institute of Hotel Management, Trichy, Tamil Nadu
* Sanskriti Institute of Hotel Management, Mathura, Uttar Pradesh
* Karavali College of Hotel Management, Mangalore, Karnataka
* Osteen College of Hotel Management, Bangalore
* Pacific Institute of Hotel Management, Udaipur, Rajasthan
* Maharashi Arvind Institute of Hotel Management, Jaipur, Rajasthan
11th August 2016, 03:45 AM
Unregistered

I want to do hotel management. I want a good package . And want to work abroad . What should I do after 12. And which college is the best . And how much marks should I obtain in entrance exam. How can I prepare for entrance exams . When will it be conducted. I will pass 12 in May 2017.
15th October 2016, 09:34 AM
Unregistered

I am from science stream for hotel management which entrance exam should I give?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?