28th November 2017, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do M.Tech in regular mode after completion of B.Sc and doing MCA from IGNOU?

Am I eligible to do M.Tech in regular mode after completion of B.Sc and doing MCA from IGNOU? Can you please give me the right eligibility criteria? It will be really helpful if you can get back to me on this soon. Awaiting to get the response. Thanks!

29th November 2017, 07:52 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do M.Tech in regular mode after completion of B.Sc and doing MCA from IGNOU?

The full form of IGNOU is Indira Gandhi National Open University. IGNOU is a University Grants Commission and Distance Education council recognized body and its degree is fully valid for any course.

1. To pursue Master of Technology, you must have done bachelor's degree in technology or master's degree in science or computer applications etc.

2. MCA candidates can apply for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and clear it to get admission in M.Tech in top engineering institutes.
29th November 2017, 10:28 AM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do M.Tech in regular mode after completion of B.Sc and doing MCA from IGNOU?

There is no doubt about regarding validity of Indira Gandhi National Open University certificates for higher degree courses and government job opportunities. Since this university is approved by DEC and UGC, it is valid for any professional course.

You are eligible for pursuing Master of Technology in regular mode after completion of Bachelor of Science and Master of Computer application from IGNOU. You can apply for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering conducted by IIT for M.Tech courses. M.Sc/MCA candidates are eligible for M.Tech courses.
29th November 2017, 10:31 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to pursue M.Tech course after completion of MCA course.

Candidates can appear in GATE examination and qualify in it to get the admission in the course.

The required common eligibility to appear in the examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree with Physics and Mathematics as main paper.

So, no doubt if you have above qualification and interested in pursuing the course then you can appear in entrance examination conducted by various institutes for admission.
29th November 2017, 11:18 AM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible.

Many colleges across India allow admission to M.Tech for MCA passed candidates from IGNOU. One example is Clmage in Bihar.

It depends on you and your condition whether it is good or not, if you want to pursue career in computers only. You can remain MCA, but if you go for higher things including International placement . You should seek M .Tech because chances of selection are more.
29th November 2017, 12:35 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Yes you are Eligible for the M.tech course in Computer science and Engineering. The minimum Eligibility for the M.tech in computer science is either a B.tech degree or Masters degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Equivalent.

The Additional term with this eligibility is that such candidate must have maths or science in their Graduation Degree. So, here you are completely eligible and you can Give GATE Exam to take Admission Good colleges for M.Tech.

You can also take admission directly in many private Colleges offering M.tech Degree
29th November 2017, 01:16 PM
osmin
Senior Member+++++

IGNOU MCA students are eligible to M.Tech.

But , at the M.Tech counselling time they asked transfer certificate.

In IGNOU not provided that TC then how join M.Tech in regular Universities.
29th November 2017, 06:57 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for Master of Technology in regular mode after completion of Bachelor of Science and Master of Computer Application from Indira Gandhi National Open University. IGNOU's degree is valid for regular M.Tech course.

Candidate must have done bachelor of technology or engineering or master's degree in science or computer application to become eligible for M.Tech course. The admission in M.Tech is done through GATE exam. You can apply for this exam and crack it to get admission in Master of Technology course.
29th November 2017, 08:59 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

As per I know you are eligible for pursuing M.Tech in regular mode after completing MCA. But i suggest you to take admission in M.Tech through GATE.
This will definitely help you to shape your future little better.

Through GATE examination, you will get admission in the best M.Tech college of India and you will also get good placement.
25th June 2021, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

Am I able to do MTECH in distance education from IGNOU after completing bachelor degree and pgdcsa ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?