26th July 2013, 12:29 PM
reetu..

Am I eligible for GATE entrance exam after completing MSc chemistry with 52%

hello sir/mam
i complete M.sc(chemistry) with 52% i m eligible for gate entrance exam

Related Questions:
  1. How to appear for GATE exam after completing MSc in Bio Chemistry?
  2. How to join Ph.D after completing MSc in chemistry
  3. Am I eligible for GATE exam after scoring 54% in MSc Chemistry?
  4. How can I pursue Ph.D in Chemistry through GATE?
  5. Can I be eligible for ISRO entrance exam after completing MSc in Organic Chemistry?
  6. What should I do further after completing MSc in chemistry? Can I get into Ph.D without entrance?
  7. Am I eligible for GATE exam after completing MSc IT?
  8. Am I eligible for drug inspector exam after completing MSc Pharmaceutical Chemistry?
  9. Am i eligible to appear for GATE exam after scoring 54% marks in MSc in Chemistry from Vidyasagar University
  10. Am I eligible to apply for NET entrance exam after completing MSc in Chemistry from distance education
  11. Am I eligible for MCA from GATE after completing MSc CS?
  12. Am I eligible for MSc in Chemistry after completing BSc with PCM group
  13. Can I take admission in MSc Organic Chemistry after completing graduation in chemistry without having Maths in 12th? Is there any entrance exam?
  14. Can I apply for GATE exam after completing MSc in Organic Chemistry
  15. Am I eligible for PhD in Chemistry after M.Sc in Applied Chemistry? Scope of Applied Chemistry in research field? -- [New]
  16. Am I eligible for GATE Exam after completion of B.Sc with Chemistry? How to prepare for the Exam and Syllabus for the Exam?
  17. Am I eligible to write the TRP exam after completing MSc(Bio Chemistry), M.Ed(Education)?
  18. How to prepare for Msc chemistry Entrance exam in osmania university? -- [Most Discussed]
4th August 2013, 10:50 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for GATE entrance exam after completing MSc chemistry with 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by reetu.. View Post
hello sir/mam

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering .

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department are applicable for GATE Exam.

There is no marks criteria in Graduation degree for GATE exam.You have completed B-Tech degree so you are applicable for GATE Exam .

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply here maximum time.There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.GATE score is valid for TWO years . 3rd year student are NOT eligible for GATE exam. Only final year and pass out batch are eligible for 2014 GATE exam.

You have completed M.Sc degree so you are applicable for GATE Exam .

2014 GATE exam date is not announced yet but it will announced in September or October month .You can apply through GATE website.

If you have scored good in GATE exam then you have chances to get in -

JRF

SRF

PHD

PSU

Lecturer ship post in some institute .
5th August 2013, 07:19 AM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible for GATE entrance exam after completing MSc chemistry with 52%

Quote:
hello sir/mam
Yes,you will be eligible to apply for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering(GATE) if you have a Master degree in Chemistry(Honors).Your basic Eligibility should be as follows :
  • You should be pass out in Post Graduate degree course from recognized university with at least second division.
  • Your Post Graduate degree course should be of at least 2 years.
  • If you have an Integrated degree course of M.sc then it should be of minimum 5 years.
Quote:
As you have passed the M.sc Chemistry Honors with 52% marks,thus you are eligible to apply for GATE Exam.

Syllabus for Chemistry(Code - CY) for GATE Exam

Physical Chemistry :
  1. Structure.
  2. Equilibrium.
  3. Kinetics.
In-Organic Chemistry :
  1. Main Group Elements.
  2. Transition Elements.
  3. Solids.
  4. Instrumental Methods for Analysis.
Organic Chemistry :
  1. Stereo-Chemistry.
  2. Reaction Mechanism.
  3. Organic Synthesis.
  4. Peri-Cyclic Reactions.
  5. Photo-Chemistry.
  6. Hetero-Cyclic Compounds.
  7. Bio-Molecules.
  8. Spectroscopy.
5th August 2013, 09:04 AM
siddarthab

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department are applicable for GATE Exam.

There is no marks criteria in Graduation degree for GATE exam.You have completed B-Tech degree so you are applicable for GATE Exam .

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply here maximum time.There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.GATE score is valid for TWO years . 3rd year student are NOT eligible for GATE exam. Only final year and pass out batch are eligible for 2014 GATE exam.

You have completed M.Sc degree so you are applicable for GATE Exam .

2014 GATE exam date is not announced yet but it will announced in September or October month .You can apply through GATE website.

If you have scored good in GATE exam then you have chances to get in -

JRF

SRF

PHD

PSU

Lecturer ship post in some institute .

Source: http://entrance-exam.net/forum/general-discussion/am-i-eligible-gate-entrance-exam-after-completing-msc-chemistry-52-a-1263601.html#ixzz2b3fiyi3A
5th August 2013, 10:31 AM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hello sir/mam

Dear Aspirant,

GATE stands for the Graduate Aptitude Test For Engineering

$$ A candidate who have passed out their Bachelor Degree in the filed of Engineering in any branch can apply for this exam.....

(OR)

$$ A candidate who have done the Master Degree in the Science field that is M.Sc can also applicable for this exam.....

$$ A candidate of Final year are also eligible for this exam.....

$$ Since, you have completed your M.Sc then YES, you are definitely eligible for applying this examination.....

$$ There is No attempt Limit....

$$ There is No any age limit is also.....

$$ GATE exam Qualified candidate have better scope for getting the Government Scholarship Programme MHRD and other Good Government as well as Other Job Placement also......

Some Tips for GATE exam:-

• First of all you have refer your all the 4 years Subjects....
  • Read the basic and Fundamentals of all the semester subjects....
  • You can also join some Coaching Center for better Preparation...
  • Prepare according to Exam pattern...
  • There is a Negative marks system in GATE 1/3 for 1 marks question and 2/3 for 2 marks Question so, be careful about it attend only those question of which you know the Correct answer...

All the best

With Regards.....
DHARM
5th August 2013, 11:37 AM
john215

Re: Am I eligible for GATE entrance exam after completing MSc Chemistry with 52%

Hi friend,

Yes you are eligible for GATE Entrance exam
So you can wit for GATE 2014 Entrance exam
Before you can start preparation
You can eligible GATE you can get a scholarship every month
So you can apply through Online Fees 1000/-

Thanks!!!
all the best................
5th August 2013, 12:37 PM
malikalka

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering(GATE).

The candidates who are:

1. Bachelor degree holders in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.

2. Master degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final or pre-final year of such programmes.

3. Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/ Technology or in the third or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master degree programme, can apply for GATE.

There is no restrictions on age and attempts in Gate so you can apply as many times as you want.
There is no percentage criteria in Gate so, there is no problem if you got 52% in MSc chemistry.
There is no application fee for female condidate in Gate.
Here some important Dates for applying Gate:
Gate online Application :2nd september 2013.
Last date for submission of online application:3rd October 2013.

For more information you can go through :http://www.studyvidya.com/2013/06/GATE-Exam-2014.html#Eligibility
5th August 2013, 12:59 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for GATE, since you are an M.Sc degree holder. Percentage of marks obtained in M.Sc is not a criterion. The exam is usually conducted in the age of February. There is no upper age limit to apply. Candidates can apply for the test any number of times.
5th August 2013, 02:42 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hello sir/mam
GATE or Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is the Exam conducted by IIT each year

Next GATE exams would be held in January 2014

Eligibilty to apply for the GATE exams is:
>> BE/BTECH/BARCH pass or Final year student

>> M.SC/MCA/MA with subjects/branch Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent

>> Integrated Master’s degree programs or Dual Degree programs in Engineering / Technology (Five year programme).This programme should have been done just after passing class 12th

GATE PAPERS:
Aerospace Engineering
Instrumentation Engineering
Agricultural Engineering
Mathematics
Architecture and Planning
Mechanical Engineering
Biotechnology
Mining Engineering
Civil Engineering
Metallurgical Engineering
Chemical Engineering
Physics
Computer Science and Information Technology
Production and Industrial Engineering
Chemistry
Textile Engineering and Fibre Science
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Engineering Sciences
Electrical Engineering
Geology and Geophysics
5th August 2013, 03:22 PM
manava4
Member+

Quote:
hello sir/mam
Hello Reetu ,

GATE means Graduate aptitute test in Engineering .

This exam is led by Indian Institute of Science and seven IIT's Institutes of India , in behalf of National coordination Board - GATE , Government of India and few more authorized departments .

The Score in this exam is used for the admissions to many post -graduate programmes such as M.E, M.Tech , Ph.d .

The score may also be used by Public segments units for employment braodcast purposes.

The GATE exam is of 3 hours .

The GATE exam is conducted in two modes : i) online (ii) offline

Eligibility for the GATE Exam :

A candidate should be a Bachelor degree holder in technology / Architecture (4 years after 10 + 2 / Engineering / Post B.Sc./ Post Diploma

Master degree holder in any division of science /Statistics /Mathematics /computer Applications or equivalent are elligible .

Since , you have done M.Sc in chemistry and since there is no limitations of marks scored for M.Sc , you are surely elligible to appear for the GATE exam .

Also you must have passed your M.Sc not later than 2013.

If you have a backlog of any paper then you have to submit the letter of the Principal indicating that the student has the backlog but you can appear for the exam .
5th August 2013, 06:22 PM
ramesh venkatachalam
Junior Member+

Quote:
hello sir/mam
yes,you are eligible to write the GATE exam. The basic qualification is to have a bachelors degree in any stream. There is no percentage of marks required to write the GATE exam.
5th August 2013, 06:28 PM
ramesh venkatachalam
Junior Member+

Quote:
hello sir/mam
yes,you are eligible to write the GATE exam. The basic qualification is to have a bachelors degree in any stream. There is no percentage of marks required to write the GATE exam and there is no age limitation.but your age must be above 18.There is no limitation for attempts.
5th August 2013, 09:34 PM
shivam2k6

Hi,

You are eligible for GATE examination.

There is no percentage criteria for GATE examination.

Eligibility for GATE:

1. Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology/Architecture
2. Master’s degree in any branch of Science / Mathematics / Statistics

Thank you.
5th August 2013, 11:06 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

The candidate should complete Graduation in Engineering with any Stream.

Candidate who are pursuing final year of Graduation course in Engineering can also apply for this exam.

Candidate who are pursuing pre final year of Engineering course are not eligible to apply for this exam.

There is no age criteria to appear for this exam.

The candidate can apply for this exam at any age if he fulfill the required academic criteria.

There is no limit on the number of attempts for GATE exam.

All the best.........................
6th August 2013, 11:38 AM
sagar_001
Senior Member+

You have complete M.Sc degree so, you are Eligible for GATE Exam .

GATE is jointly administered and conducted by the Indian Institute of Science and seven Indian Institutes of Technology.

There isn't age limit, percentage require for gate 2014 exam.

Master’s degree in any branch of Science / Mathematics / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent

Tentative date of online entrance examination: February1st, 2nd, 15th, 16th, March 1st and 2nd, 2014.

Subject for Gate
  • Aerospace Engineering
  • Instrumentation Engineering
  • Agricultural Engineering
  • Mathematics
  • Architecture and Planning
  • Mechanical Engineering
  • Biotechnology
  • Mining Engineering
  • Civil Engineering
  • Metallurgical Engineering
  • Chemical Engineering
  • Physics
  • Computer Science and Information Technology
  • Production and Industrial Engineering
  • Chemistry
  • Textile Engineering and Fibre Science
  • Electronics and Communication Engineering
  • Engineering Sciences
  • Electrical Engineering
  • Life Sciences
  • Geology and Geophysics

Best Books for Gate

GATE PAPER : Instrumention Engineering
by Gkp
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd (2010)

GATE 2012: Instrumentaion Engineering
byGkp
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd (2011)

Instrumentation Engineering for GATE: A Refresher
by The Gate Academy
Publisher: Cengage Learning India

GATE Instrumentation Engineering Solved Papers
by Vipul Gupta, Sumit Mohanty
Publisher: Arihant Publications

Instrumentation Engineering GATE 2012
by Satish K Karna, Ravi Verma
Publisher: CBS Publishers & Distributors Pvt Ltd

GATE Instrumentation Engineering : Topicwise Previous Years Solved Papers
by S. K. Karna
Publisher: Cbs Publisher & Distributors
6th August 2013, 12:46 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for GATE entrance exam after completing MSc chemistry with 52%

Quote:
hello sir/mam

Dear Friend,

Yes , off course you are eligible for GATE exam after completed M.Sc degree....

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test For Engineering

A candidate must have completed their Bachelor Degree in Engineering filed Or master degree in science stream any Discipline from recognized universities are eligible for GATE exam....

Final years students of bachelor degree also eligible for this exam...

There is no any percentage criteria...

There is no any age limit....

There is No attempt Limit....

GATE score is valid for 2 years....

All the best....
8th August 2013, 05:02 PM
srikanth2207

You are eligible for GATE exam.Because you exceed the requirement that a degree holder must passed his/her degree with 50% marks.So you are eligible
so prepare well and get into top IIT.
ALL THE BEST
9th September 2013, 09:37 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

The Acronym "GATE" stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This Test is conducted every year by the Indian Institutes of Technology together with the Indian Institute Of Science - Bangalore.

The Qualifications Required for GATE are :

** The candidate must have completed Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Architecture / Design.

** The candidate must have completed Master`s degree in Science stream.

** There is no requirement of any specific % of marks in Graduation.

** There is no age limit for this exam.

** There is no any fixed number of attempts for the exam.

** The candidate must be an Indian Citizen.

Since , you have completed Master`s degree in science stream , so you are absolutely eligible for the GATE Exam.

The GATE Exam is conducted for those candidates who want to pursue the M.Tech course in IITs or NITs or BITS-Pilani or other prominent institutes.

In order to get admission in these institutes , candidates need a valid GATE Score.

The GATE Score Card remains valid for 2 years.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
10th September 2013, 10:14 AM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. The IIT conducts this examination every year.

You are absolutely eligible for GATE entrance Examination after completing Msc. Chemistry as per the eligibility criteria.

The all eligibility criteria candidates must fulfill for this examination are as follows:

* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.

* Master's Degree with Science

* Citizenship - Indian.

* There is no age limit restriction for GATE exam.

* Candidate can attempt no. of times for this exam.

Candidates cleared GATE entrance with valid score can pursue M.Tech in IIT/NIT/and other Top Engineering Institutes in India.

This is the all Information I have to share with you.

Thanks.

16th August 2019, 12:53 AM
Unregistered

Which is best book to prepare MSc chemistry gate exam which covers all the syllabus
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?