7th December 2016, 03:58 PM
Imam Azam

Am I eligible to apply for JEE Main exam again this year if I had given exam the previous year as well?

Respected Sir, I had given the JEE Main exam previous year but I did not qualify for the exam.I want to apply for the exam again this year so I want to know am I eligible to apply for JEE Main exam again this year again? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for JEE Main 2016 twice, one on the basis of 12th and another on the basis of Diploma?
  2. Can I give JEE Main next year if appear in Maths compartmental?
  3. Can I appear in JEE Main 2017 if appeared once in 2015 and twice in 2016?
  4. Possibility to apply in JEE Main & Advanced for a candidate who has appear JEE Main twice?
  5. Am I eligible for JEE Main and JEE Advanced 2017?
  6. For how many times I can apply if appeared in JEE Main last year but preparing for this year 12th CBSE Improvement exam?
  7. Can I apply for JEE Advanced next year if qualified in JEE Main in this year?
  8. Can I appear in JEE Main next year after pursuing Mathematics Improvement exam of 12th AHSEC?
  9. Am I eligible to apply for JEE Main exam after completing 2nd year Diploma (Lateral entry)? -- [New]
  10. What is the procedure to get admission in IIT after completing diploma in mechanical engineering
  11. Does I have to reappear in 12th Board exam if drop a year for JEE Main?
  12. Can I apply for JEE Main & Advance 3rd time? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Whether a candidate is eligible to appear in Jee Main on behalf of MP-PET if exhausted 3 chances for applying in colleges of Madhya Pradesh?
  14. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main if pursuing 12th NIOS?
  15. Can i appear for IIT JEE while studying last year Diploma course?
  16. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main & Advanced 2 times if dropping a year for preparation after 12th?
  17. Can I reappear directly in JEE Advanced after one year if qualified in JEE Main this year?
  18. Can I appear in JEE Advanced this year if appeared in JEE Main last year?
8th December 2016, 11:42 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for JEE Main exam again this year if I had given exam the previous year as well?

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and the examination is conducted in two stages as Main and Advacned.

The examination is conducted for admission of candidates in B.Tech/B.E or B.Arch course.

There is maximum three attempts to appear for Main and two attempts for Advanced stage.

So, if you have passed your 12th in 2015 or 2016 then you are eligible to appear for JEE Main 2017.

But only candidates who passed 12th in 2016 are eligible to appear for Advanced stage after qualifying in Main.
9th December 2016, 12:25 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for JEE Main exam again this year if I had given exam the previous year as well?

I am happy to tell you that definitely you can appear in the JEE Main examination once again this year even if you appeared in the same in last year also. Since you have not qualified in the last year, you can again appear this year also.
9th December 2016, 12:31 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can appear for Joint Entrance Examination. The examination is conducted by CBSE and IIT.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 12th or appearing for 12th board examination with PCM as main paper.

The candidates are eligible to appear for three consecutive year for Main ( 1st attempt will be year of appearing for 12th ) and two for Advanced stage.

So, you will be eligible to appear for examination if you have passed 12th next year and previous year was your first JEE Main attempt.
9th December 2016, 10:22 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can very much apply for the examination this year also, there is no such problem in it. You should however, prepare well for your examination and try to score good this time.

You can also get admission in any good coaching Institute for your exam preparation, if you are currently not opting for it.
9th December 2016, 01:48 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria Required to apply for JEE Main Examination:

Yes, you are eligible to apply for JEE Main Examination even after appearing once previous year. Yes, there are certain number of attempts available to apply for JEE Main Examination. The basic number of attempts allowed in this JEE Main Examination are given below.

>> Number of attempts allowed - 3 attempts

So a candidate can attempt this JEE Main Examination upto 3 times. As you are done with 1 attempt, I am sure you are eligible to apply for JEE Main Examination once again as there are 2 more attempts left with you.
9th December 2016, 06:28 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You just have three attempts available for JEE Main, if you have appeared once, then you have two attempts still left. Just make sure that your age permits according to the eligibility.

Hence, if age is still there, then surely you can appear for it again this year and also next year, if you are not successful.
9th December 2016, 06:32 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imam Azam View Post
Respected Sir, I had given the JEE Main exam previous year but I did not qualify for the exam.I want to apply for the exam again this year so I want to know am I eligible to apply for JEE Main exam again this year again? Please answer as soon as possible.

Yes, you are eligible to apply for JEE Main Examination again this year if you had given the examination in the previous year as well. Candidates can attempt JEE Main Examination three times only. Candidates must have passed Class 12th with PCM with minimum of 75% marks in the core subjects are eligible for the JEE Main Examination. It is an all India common entrance examination which is conducted by CBSE for the admission to IITs, NITs, Central Funded Technical Institute. The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main website link is Click Here
9th December 2016, 07:50 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for JEE Main examination this year even if you have given the examination previous year and didn't qualify. The maximum number of attempts allowed to appear in JEE Main examination is three times that too in three consecutive years after completion of your 12th standard. Since, you have utilised your first attempt, you are left with two more chances to appear in JEE Main examination.
11th December 2016, 08:47 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imam Azam View Post
Yes, you are eligible for IIT JEE exam. If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for IIT JEE exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates. Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
15th December 2016, 07:21 PM
ranu shahi

Yes , of course. You are eligible to apply for JEE this year again because in the JEE you will attempt only two times. This is your last chance, so try your best . All the best for your exam.
14th June 2019, 01:51 PM
Deepanshu3010

Yes, you are eligible to apply for JEE mains this year also.

A candidate can give JEE mains a maximum of three times after passing class 12th.
So, you can give JEE mains next year also.But try to clear the exam this year at any
cost so that your another year is not waste.

Best of luck!!!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?