22nd March 2017, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get a job in the Forest Department after completing B.Com? Can I apply for UPSC exam after B.Com?

Respected Sir, I am pursuing my Graduation with B.Com and I am in the final year of the course. I want to get a job in the Forest department so I want to know am I eligible to get a job in the Forest Department after completing B.Com? Can I apply for UPSC exam after B.Com? Please answer as soon as possible.

31st March 2017, 10:54 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get a job in the Forest Department after completing B.Com? Can I apply for UPSC exam after B.Com?

First thing I would like to let you know that UPSC refers to Union Public Service Commission and as the name suggests same is a commission rather than an examination which conducts different examination for recruitment of employees for Central government jobs.

Basically, UPSC examination is used for Civil Services examination which is held for recruitment of administrative officers such as IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS,etc. .

Now as you are concerned about your eligibility for joining forest department through UPSC being a B.Com degree holder then I would like to let you know that for joining the same department one is required to have completed his/her bachelor degree course with subjects related to Agriculture or Forestry like Horticulture, Fisheries, etc. and hence you are not eligible for the same .

But you can apply for Civil Services examination for joining other services like IAS, IPS, IRS, etc. for which there is no compulsion of any subject in academics at any stage.

For more details about Civil Services examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
31st March 2017, 10:55 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get a job in the Forest Department after completing B.Com? Can I apply for UPSC exam after B.Com?

First thing I would like to let you know that UPSC refers to Union Public Service Commission and as the name suggests same is a commission rather than an examination which conducts different examination for recruitment of employees for Central government jobs.

Basically, UPSC examination is used for Civil Services examination which is held for recruitment of administrative officers such as IAS, IPS, IFS, IRS,etc. .

Now as you are concerned about your eligibility for joining forest department through UPSC being a B.Com degree holder then I would like to let you know that for joining the same department one is required to have completed his/her bachelor degree course with subjects related to Agriculture or Forestry like Horticulture, Fisheries, etc. and hence you are not eligible for the same .

But you can apply for Civil Services examination for joining other services like IAS, IPS, IRS, etc. for which there is no compulsion of any subject in academics at any stage.

For more details about Civil Services examination you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
3rd April 2017, 12:12 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I am pursuing my Graduation with B.Com and I am in the final year of the course. I want to get a job in the Forest department so I want to know am I eligible to get a job in the Forest Department after completing B.Com? Can I apply for UPSC exam after B.Com? Please answer as soon as possible.
No, you are not eligible for Indian Forest Service exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university in Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering are eligible for IFS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.
3rd August 2020, 05:47 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for forest jobs after completing my graduation in Bcom
11th April 2022, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

B. Com is eligible for forest department
24th April 2022, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

CAN I JOIN FOREST DEPARTMENT AFTER COMPLETE MY B.COM
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?