19th June 2011, 01:49 PM
tito12

Am I eligible for government jobs after scoring 60% in 12th and 59% in B.Tech ECE?

i got above 60 % in 12th nd 59% in b.tech elec nd comm. engg ...am i eligible for govt jobs..pls help to notify me..!!

28th June 2011, 07:07 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for government jobs after scoring 60% in 12th and 59% in B.Tech ECE?

There are various categories which you can try out for Government jobs.

1.PSU's(Core Sector Jobs)
2.PSC(Under State Government)
3.UPSC and SSC

But with an aggregate below 60% you cannot go through the exams conducted by the Public Sector Companies like NTPC,BEL since they need an aggregate above 65%.Normally companies prefer first class students but your eligible for some of the exams conducted by the SSC and UPSC Board.You have limited options in the Government Sector but if you work hard then you can secure a job.

Getting a job in the core Government companies is out of the option since you scored very less marks but you can try out in the UPSC,SSC and PSC exams.Go through the following links
UPSC-Click here
SSC-Click here
28th June 2011, 08:29 AM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible for government jobs after scoring 60% in 12th and 59% in B.Tech ECE?

Hello friend ......

Most of the government organization has the eligibility criteria as a minimum of the 60% of the marks in the 10th , 12th and the graduate or the b.tech/b.e examination from a recognized board and the university ...

But then at the same time you can also apply for the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) exam like that of the Civil Services , IES , CDS and others and even the exams of the SSC (Staff Selection Commission ) as their eligibility criteria is slightly less than the first class then is the 60% of the marks ...

To apply for the various exams through the UPSC you may visit the official website ::
http://www.upsc.gov.in

So my friend you will not be eligible for the PSUs like that of the SAIL,ONGC,GAIL,NTPC,ISRO as they demand about 60% of the minimum marks in the graduation or the b.tech/b.e examination .....
28th June 2011, 09:33 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by tito12 View Post
i got above 60 % in 12th nd 59% in b.tech elec nd comm. engg ...am i eligible for govt jobs..pls help to notify me..!!

dear friend,

maximum company want 60% through out so you are not eligible for private sector company.

ECE core company also want 60% through out.

but you are eligible for maximum govt job.

all the best
28th June 2011, 10:03 AM
kartavya99

Quote:
you are eligible for some government jobs but not for all.
28th June 2011, 10:20 AM
sanjay kumar saini
Senior Member+

various categories for which you can try for Government jobs.

1.PSU's(Core Sector Jobs)
2.PSC(Under State Government)
3.UPSC and SSC

Educational criteria for these exams are 60%.you have not maintain your marks as required.

There are many other jobs for which you can try.your marks are not so good you should try hard to get job in government sector because there are limited oppertunities for you in government sector.
28th June 2011, 11:08 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi
yes you can join in govt job after 12th exam there are many job
like :-
*psu
*upsc
*psc
more information you can get from the website
28th June 2011, 01:54 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

yes,you are eligible for govt. job
after complete your graduation
then you can apply for job.
for job criteria is 55% in graduation..............
28th June 2011, 07:44 PM
kritika@Hans

hello dear
well there a few chances for you to get a job in govt. sector since many companies requires a minimum of 60%
but you may try for ssc
dear it would be better if you try for private sector.you'll surely get a good job out there...
all the best
29th June 2011, 09:45 AM
kartavya99

Quote:
no you will not get any government jobs.
29th June 2011, 08:26 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Quote:

You can get govt. jobs in various fields
in railways
in space research
in mtnl,bsnl
or you can apply in IES conducted by UPSC

You can also try in banking sector if you are ready to change your course of study that you are an electronics engineer and going for PO or Assistant Manager.

But you will always find a lot of options available.
1st August 2011, 01:52 AM
Unregistered

Respected Sir
I am in my 8th sem of b.tech(ece),I am aggregating less than 65%, (62% to be exact) can i still apply for sail ,bhel and other psu's.
please notify me at d earliest,are there psus which alllow 60% in b.tech graduation

email:[email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?