4th July 2011, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IAS after completing BCA?

after compliting b.c.a. Am i eligible for I.A.S. Because I have done my BCA and aspiring to become IAS

7th July 2011, 01:25 AM
akhilesh16071991
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS after completing BCA?

Dear friend,
IES Exam Eligibilty:

Age Eligibilty:
you must have minimum age 21 years and maximum age 30 years on 1st August 2011.
Age relaxtion to category candidate as per government rules.For SC/ST maximum age extend to 5 years and for OBC candidate to 3 years.

Academic Qualification:
You must be graduate from a recognized university.

So,as you completing your BCA then you will become graduate after completion of BCA,so you are eligible for these exam.

For more information go to upsc website or employment newspaper(comes in the month of december around 25 december).
7th July 2011, 11:58 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
after compliting b.c.a. Am i eligible for I.A.S. Because I have done my BCA and aspiring to become IAS
UPSC Civil Services Examination Eligiblity -

YES, DEFINITELY !

After completing BCA Course, You are eligible to become a IAS Officer. But for this you have to apply for UPSC civil services examination.

And to apply for this examination candidates must have completed his graduation course from a recognised university in any discipline, And final year graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for UPSC Civil Services Examination.

But to apply for this exams your age should between 21 to 30 years and upper age relaxation is only applicable for SC, ST and OBC candidates.

The General candidates in this examination will gets only 4 Attempts, 7 Attempts for OBC and No limits for SC, ST candidates. The Notification was published in the employment newspaper in the month of February in the UPSC Website OR in the employment newspaper. The examination was held in 2 stages, First Preliminary exam and then Main examination. If you are able to crack the preliminary examination only then you are eligible for Main examination.

Eligible and Interested Candidates may apply for this examination online by visit the UPSC website. And if you need the syllabus and previous year question papers, then please visit the official website -

http://www.upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 54 views)
8th July 2011, 12:03 AM
Nirav A. Gadhiya

Dear Friend.............

These are the criteria must followed by you :

*Age Limit :
21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs)

*Educational Qualification :
Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification

* Number of permissible attempts :
Four (Seven attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs)

*Fee :
Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only)
(No fee for SCs/STs/Physically disabled only)

So Good Luck my friend
8th July 2011, 12:19 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

definitely, you can do IAS after completing BCA.

as minimum qualification graduation is require to attain in the UPSC-IAS exam.

and minimum 60% marks in BCA is require to attain in the UPSC-IAS exam.

age limit for IAS exam is 21-29 years.

all the best..............
8th July 2011, 12:34 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Cool Re: Am I eligible for IAS after completing BCA?

Quote:

Hey friend,

IAS- Indian Administrative Service

Yeah,you can write the IAS exam as the required education qualification needed is a degree and as you have done BCA you are appropriate to write the exam.

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC every year and it is one of the Indian Civil service exam.The candidates must satisfy certain rules to be eligible to write the exam and they are:

The candidates must be a citizen of India.
The candidates must have a age limit of 21-30 years.
For SC/ST-35
For OBC-33,
The candidates must have a degree from a recognized university.

As far regrding the attempts that the candidates can have according to their categories are:

For SC/ST - No limit
For General -4
For OBC - 7

The candidates are selected in 3 ways namely:

Preliminary test
Main exam
Interview

The candidates must pass in both the preliminary and main exam to be eligible to attend the interview as a call letter will be sent to you to attend the interview in Delhi.

For more information you can check at the official website of UPSC at www.upsc.gov.in

Thank you.
8th July 2011, 12:56 AM
upscguide

yes friend ,

as mentioned by fellow members you can apply for Civil service exam conducted by upsc.

best luck
8th July 2011, 01:02 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear Friend

After completing your Bacholar Degree, you are eligible for IAS exams.

So, Candidates with professional and technical qualifications recognised by the Government are eligible for appear in IAS exams.

Age limits -

21-30 years as on (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories.

Attempts -

The general Candidates get 4 attempts And 7 attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs Candidates in this exams.

Number of Exams -

Preliminary Examination - It is of objective type, which is a qualifying examination.

Main Examination - It consists of written examination and interview.

there are so many optional subject for you ,

you can choose any of them and prepare well.

after completion of your graduation you are eligible for IAS exam.

all the best.
8th July 2011, 07:58 AM
archana agarwal
Member+

u are definitely eligible for becoming an ias officer
but u have to pass some criterian like
age limit:-
21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs ).

(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification .
(iii) No. of permissible attempts :

Four (Seven attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs
8th July 2011, 10:52 AM
raja badam

Dear Aspirant,

Yes,you are eligible for IAS when following conditions are satisfied by you.

Age limit is 21-30 years between on the 1ST August of That exam conducting year.

Age relaxation is applicable for Reservation Candidates.

Any graduate from Recognized University Eligible for this exam.

If you want to more details about this exam Official website is as follows http://www.upsc.gov.in/

All the best for you..
8th July 2011, 11:45 AM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

dear friend,

the candidate who have completed the graduation in the recognized university with the age between 21 to 30 years are eligible to give the ias exam.
there is relaxation of 3 years for OBC category students and 5 years for the sc/st category student more than the upper age limit.

general category students can attempt 4 times for this exam while for obc it is 7 years.
there is no restriction on the attempts for the sc/st category student.

ias exam is consist of two main exams and the interview
if you crack the preliminary exam then you will allowed to give the main exam and if you secure the descent rank in main exam then you will be get selected in the interview.

for the all notifications about the ias exam kindly visit the website www.upsc.gov.in

thanks
8th July 2011, 02:15 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:

Am I eligible to apply for IAS examination after completing BCA

Indian Administrative Service (IAS) examination is known as the civil services examination which is conducted by UPSC in every year. To appear in the civil services examination you need the following eligibility criteria :

Educational Qualification = Graduation in any stream from a recognize university.

Age Limit = The age must be between 21 to 30 years at the time of appearing of this examination.

The age relaxation is also applicable for the reservation category candidates.

If you have a BCA degree and if your age lies between 21 to 30 years then you are eligible to apply for the IAS examination because BCA is the graduation level degree.

DO HARD WORK AND GET SUCCESS IN LIFE. HARD WORK IS..:-

For any more information regarding IAS examination please see the official website of UPSC :- http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Mukul~
9th July 2011, 02:15 PM
Unregistered

tell me the best coaching institute near ambala
24th July 2011, 07:02 PM
Unregistered

i m a bca first year student and wnt to prepare for ias from now but i have listened that upsc will change the pattern from 2013,so i m in a problem that how can i prepare from now?
4th August 2011, 04:07 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

Yes after your BCA degree you are eligible to apply for IAS exam. You should start your IAS pre exam from now more you will do hard work sure you will get success. The minimum hours for study are 5-7 hours per day.
4th August 2011, 08:46 PM
liquid

Quote:
sorry to say according to the latest syllabus which has been published by the UPSC you cannot apply for IAS as it involves a two stage process for the first stage process u need english general studies and one subject of ur choice from a list of subjects prescribed by the UPSC. for the second stage exam you have to opt for 2 subjects which make the total number of papers to 9(2 paper each of the 2 subjects,2 paper of genral knowledge,2paper of english and 1 paper exclusively on essay writing).See technically u are eligible graduation from any discipline but wat u can do is study these subjects upto the postgraduate level yourself meaning u need not give any exam for it just get the books and study hard 4 it as 5 lakh candidate appears for the prelim stage
4th August 2011, 11:17 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes of Course.

There is a no particular stream candidates like Arts,Science,Commerce,Engineering and Medicine.

Any stream candidate can apply for the I.A.S Examination and Only thing the applicant must have a graduate degree in any desire subject.

Eligibility Criteria :-

>>>>Bachelor degree from any recognized university or equivalent qualification.

>>>>The candidate age should between 21 years to 30 years.

>>>>Candidates who are appearing in the final year of examination can also apply for the examination.

So,don't worry your eligible to apply for the examination.

The application forms are available in two modes : 1)Online 2)Offline.

More details,Visit the official website : www.upsc.gov.in
5th August 2011, 12:17 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hello,
If you have completed BCA from a recognized university and if your age is between 21-30 yours then you are quite eligible for the IAS examination.

The eligibility criteria to apply for the IAS examination is a candidate must be a graduate from a recognized university and has age between 21-30 years.

BCA is also a graduate course.So you are quite eligible for the IAS examination.

Best Wishes....
13th October 2011, 04:07 PM
Unregistered

sir i am dinesh patel from bhopal i am persuing bca final year but i m confusion that this is bca computer filed we can apply or not please tell me i am waiting
13th October 2011, 08:22 PM
raju bhai

The Civil Services exams are very tough and the UPSC takes stringent steps to keep it fair. Many in India aspire to be Civil Servants; therefore the competition for the IAS exams is very tough. As a result taking long distance IAS coaching alone is not sufficient. If you can afford to come to Delhi or such centers where IAS coaching facilities are good, that is the best option.

Age limit is 21-30 years between on the 1ST August of That exam conducting year.

If you want to more details about this exam Official website is as follows http://www.upsc.gov.in/

thanks
13th October 2011, 08:35 PM
raju bhai

The Civil Services exams are very tough and the UPSC takes stringent steps to keep it fair. Many in India aspire to be Civil Servants; therefore the competition for the IAS exams is very tough. As a result taking long distance IAS coaching alone is not sufficient. If you can afford to come to Delhi or such centers where IAS coaching facilities are good, that is the best option.

thanks
14th October 2011, 12:06 AM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Definitely you can appear for IAS exam after your BCA course.The IAS,IPS exam is part of Civil Service exam.This exam is conducted by upsc every year once.

Eligibility criteria for Civil service exam:
Candidate should have complete graduation degree with any stream from a recognized university.
Age should be between 21 to 30 years.

Important dates for Civil service exam 2012:
Civil service exam(Preliminary exam) Notification for this year:
Issue of application form from 4th Feb 2012 to 5th March 2012.
Exam will held on 20th May 2012.
Civil service exam (Main Exam) notification for this year:
Exam will held on 15th Oct 2012.
Yet notification details,were not update,i hope they will be updating notification after preliminary exams.

For more details,then click here
4th November 2011, 11:32 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

IAS EXAM ELIGIBILITY

1. You have to be between 21 and 30 years of age, when you are applying for the exam

2. You have to be a graduate in any discipline.

So since you are a BCA graduate, you are definitely eligible for IAS exam.

All the best.
6th November 2011, 11:41 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

hi,
i am happy to inform you that you are eligible for IAS EXAM.
this exam is conducted by UPSC.
for open category:- 21-30 year
for ST/SC :- 21-33 year

graduation with any stream

number of attempts for open category:- 4
number of attempts for ST/SC :- 7

ALL THE BEST!
7th November 2011, 05:31 PM
dravid999

hi dear,
UPSC Civil Services Examination Eligiblity -

YES, DEFINITELY !

After completing BCA Course, You are eligible to become a IAS Officer. But for this you have to apply for UPSC civil services examination.

And to apply for this examination candidates must have completed his graduation course from a recognised university in any discipline, And final year graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for UPSC Civil Services Examination.

But to apply for this exams your age should between 21 to 30 years and upper age relaxation is only applicable for SC, ST and OBC candidates.

The General candidates in this examination will gets only 4 Attempts, 7 Attempts for OBC and No limits for SC, ST candidates. The Notification was published in the employment newspaper in the month of February in the UPSC Website OR in the employment newspaper. The examination was held in 2 stages, First Preliminary exam and then Main examination. If you are able to crack the preliminary examination only then you are eligible for Main examination.

Eligible and Interested Candidates may apply for this examination online by visit the UPSC website. And if you need the syllabus and previous year question papers, then please visit the official website -

thanks
1st April 2012, 04:23 PM
Unregistered

what is better bca or b.com for ias?
8th August 2012, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

Sir/Mam
Am i eligible for IAS after completing Graduation in BCA(Bachelor Of Computer Applications)
8th August 2012, 11:22 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear.........
The eligibility criteria for IAS exam are as follows.....

*The candidates should be a graduate in any discipline , from a recognize university.
*The age limit is 21 - 30 yrs.
The upper age limit prescribed above will be relax :

upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.

upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.

upto a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st day of December, 1989.

upto a maximum of three years in the case of Defence Services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.

upto a maximum of five years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st August, 2012 and have been released .

The exam pattern :

For more details visit official website of UPSC.

Good luck...........
8th August 2012, 11:23 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

BCA- BACHELOR OF COMPUTER APPICATION, after completion of which you are eligible to apply for Civil Service exam conducted by UPSC every year to become an IAS officer provided you fulfill other criteria.

ELIGIBILITY OF CIVIL SERVICE EXAM:-

-The candidate must be an Indian Natonal
- Should have either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University.
-Should be within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for SC/ST candidate up to 5 years and for OBC candidate up to 3 years.

The selection is through three stages:-

-CSAT - CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST - PRELIMINARY EXAM
-CIVIL SERVICE MAIN EXAM
-PERSONAL INTERVIEW

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
10th August 2012, 02:39 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

hi friend,

yes, off course you can apply for IAS.

For applying IAS you have to following qualification:

- A Candidate should have completed their 12th from any stream from recognise university.

-A candidate should have completed their gradution in any stream from recognise universyties.

- Cityzenship of India.

- Age limit should be between 21 to 30 years.
There is a relaxation in upper age for obc and sc/st category available.

- you have to pass civil apptitude test for applying IAS.

No. Attempt:

General- 4 attempt
Obc- 7 attempt
Sc/St- No limit.

Books for IAS :

-Civil Services Examination Syllabus by Gkp Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd Price:- Rs. 45

-IAS Exam Made Simple by S. Nagarajan / S. Sundar Rajan Publisher :- Unique Publishers Price :- Rs. 89

-Civil Services Aptitude Test by Chandresh Agrawal Publisher :- Priynka Prakashan Price:- Rs. 312

all the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?