17th July 2011, 08:42 PM
yashwanth.t.

Procedure to become IAS officer after BCA?

hi..this is yashwanth studying BCA III sem..and i am ST candidate.my ambition is to become an IAS officer..so i want to know the ways to be a successful IAS officer. as i am a bca candidate so what are the difficulties i may face in upsc exams..i am good in hindi,kannada and english. so please reply me..

19th July 2011, 11:32 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Procedure to become IAS officer after BCA?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashwanth.t. View Post
hi..this is yashwanth studying BCA III sem..and i am ST candidate.my ambition is to become an IAS officer..so i want to know the ways to be a successful IAS officer. as i am a bca candidate so what are the difficulties i may face in upsc exams..i am good in hindi,kannada and english. so please reply me..
As a ST candidate you have a golden opportunity to crack IAS than the other students if you are interested in doing service to your mother land.

I appreciate your ambition to become a IAS officer. I will try to help you know the eligibility criterion required to attempt Civil Services examination.

First let us talk about Eligibility criteria of Civil service Examination.
->you must be a indian citizen
->you must have 21 years of minimum age.
-> you should have a degree certificate of any trade

and one important note to you is that you have relaxation as a ST candidate for 5 years after your maximum age limit. Maximum age limit of general candidate is 30 years for ST candidate is 35 years.

This is about the eligibility criteria which is required for any candidate who is going to appear for UPSC Civil Services Examination.

Next coming to procedure of this exam.

I hope you know that it as a Three stage examination pattern.

for this you will get a notification in every year you have to follow that for further proceedings.

you have to first clear CSAT( replaced by preliminary exam in the last year)
after completing this stage successfully you will get a call letter for Mains examination with Hall ticket and particulars.

after clearing this stage(Mains) too you will be called for interview then after qualifying in it also you will be given a rank for that rank you will have to select an cadre like IAS,IPS, IFS etc., in this way all the students or candidates who are applying for this exam will get jobs

This is all about main basic things that a person need to know before attempting that exam I hope you Understood

All the best

Regards

~AdityA~
20th July 2011, 12:30 AM
gagan4790

Wink Re: Procedure to become IAS officer after BCA?

Quote:
Hi dear...
You can contact [email protected] for full guidance regarding the exams....
20th July 2011, 01:57 AM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Procedure to become IAS officer after BCA?

Definately you can apply for that exem after completeing your graduation...
You mention that you are a SC student so you can get an ge relxation upto 5 years...
20th July 2011, 10:42 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

yes, you can join as an IAS officer after BCA.

the criteria which is required to join as an IAS officer is given below

1.as minimum qualification graduation is require to attain in the IAS exam.

2.and minimum 60% marks in BCA is require to attain in the UPSC-IAS exam.

3.age limit for IAS exam is 21-29 years.

If you have the above three criteria, then you will be eligiable for IAS exam.

for more-www.upsc.gov.in.

all the best..............
20th July 2011, 04:36 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,

The eligibility criteria for IAS exam-

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC...

Educational Qualification-

*You must have complete your graduation in any discipline from any recognized university...

Age criteria-

For general the age criteria is 21-30years..

For SC/ST the age relaxation is 5years..

For OBC the age relaxation is 3years...

As you are from ST, so, you will get facility, like you will get extra 5years to appear in IAS exam, and also there is some quota for ST category students in IAS..

The exam consist of three stages like-

1. Preliminary exam
If you clear the exam they you will get a call for Main Exam..

2.Main Exam
If you also clear the main exam then they will call you for the interview session..

3.Interview
After cracking the interview, you will be selected as a IAS officer..

so, work hard...
this is a exam where you have to determine and work hard to crack such a exam...

All the best..
20th July 2011, 04:57 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Hello Yashwant,
To become an IAS officer, you will have to crack civil service exam, conducted by UPSC.
Being a graduate, you are eligible for the exam.
As you have mentioned that you belong to ST category, the eligible age for the exam is between 21-35 years.
To become an IAS officer, you will have to qualify all the three stages:
civil service aptitude test
main exam
interview

The civil service aptitude test will comprise of two compulsory papers, whereas, the main exam will comprise of both compulsory as well as optional papers.

For more information, refer to the official website of UPSC.
20th July 2011, 09:32 PM
subham7772

ABOUT IAS EXAMINATION DETAILS :-

Firstly I have to inform you that the IAS Examination was conducted by UPSC and To become IAS officer you need to apply for the UPSC Civil Services Examination, But to apply for UPSC Civil services examination, You need to complete your Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University.

After Completing BCA you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination to become a IAS Officer.

The Examination was conducted in Two stages, First Preliminary examination and then Main Examination, Those who have Crack the Preliminary examination are eligible to apply for Main examination, The preliminary examination are Objective type and there are 2 Papers in this examination both will be of Same Marks and Duration. For Main examination you have to choose a optional subject according to your Interested or on the Basis of Graduation Subject.

The Application form Of UPSC Civil services examination are availiable in any designated Post offices in India, So you can obtained from there Otherwise you have another option to apply Online for This examination. Eligible candidates may apply for this examination online By visit the UPSC website, The Notification was published in the employment newspaper or in the Official website in the month of February every year.

- Graduation is the minimum eligibility to apply for IAS Examination.
- Age Should between 21 to 30 years.
- Final year graduate candidates are also eligible.

UPSC Civil Services Prelims 2011 Application Form:-
(a) Candidates may apply online using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in Detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the above mentioned website.
(b) Candidates may also apply offline in the Common Application form devised by the commission for its examinations which can be processed on computerized machines.

This Civil Services application form alongwith an Information Brochure containing general instructions for filling up the form, an acknowledgement card and an envelope for sending the Civil Services application will be obtainable from the designated Head Post Offices / Post Offices throughout the country against cash payment of 30/- (Rupees thirty only).
Civil Services Form should be purchased from the designated Head Post Offices only and not from any other agency. This Civil Services form can be used only once and for only one Civil Services Preliminary Examination.
Candidates who wish to apply offline must use the form supplied with the Information Brochure only and they should in no case use photocopy / reproduction / unauthorisedly printed copy of the Form.
Since this Civil Services form is electronically scanned, due care should be taken to fill up the Civil Services application form, correctly. While filling up the Civil Services application form, please refer to detailed instructions given in Appendix-II(B) of this Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2011.

Thank You
21st July 2011, 12:48 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:
yes you can give ias exam but only if you are having the eligibility qualifications required for the exam.
for giving ias exam, the student must have done graduation in any field with at least 60% marks. the age limit for the exam is 21 to 30 years which can increase to 35 years for sc/st students. since you have done bca, you are eligible for the exam and you can give the exam.
there will be three rounds in the exam. firstly, you will have to give the preliminary exam. this exam will be of objective questions.
after qualifying in that exam, you will have to give the main exam, which will be in written form.
after passing both the exams, you will be called for the personal interview.
after passing that interview, you will become an ias officer.
the notification regarding the exam comes in the employment news.
for more details regarding the exam and to get the previous years question papers, you can visit
www.upsc.gov.in
22nd July 2011, 11:05 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Even you are a BCA candidate, you are not going to face any difficulties....

Because to apply for IAS only a graduate degree is needed, and BCA is also a Graduation course.

So after completing BCA, you will be eligible to apply....you can also apply in your final year of BCA.

Just remember that:

1. Your age should be between 21 years and 30 years....the age is calculated on the basis of 1st of August of the year applying for it.
[33 years for Sc/ST]

2. Should be a citizen of India.

So you can start preparation from now...

And keep yourself updated in current affairs and social issues.
Because you need to have very strong in that........

So all the best!
26th July 2011, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

hi i m also complete me ca which subject is best for me in IAS exams?
29th July 2011, 01:05 AM
Unregistered

Sir,i'm susanta nw contining Bca.i aim to a IAS officer.what r the qualificantion and physica fitness.requred pls reply me
31st July 2011, 07:24 PM
nambardar
Senior Member+

yes you can apply for this exam.
because bca is also equivalent to ias exam.
the main eligiblity critera for ias
*age between 21 to 30
*minimum qualification is graducation.

there are four no. of attempts
2nd August 2011, 10:43 PM
Unregistered

hii, i have done B.PHARMA. I want to give IAS exam. can i give? Which subject is better fo me?
6th August 2011, 01:09 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Cool Re: Procedure to become IAS officer after BCA?

Quote:
Hey friend,

IAS - Indian Administrative Service

IAS is one of the Indian Civil Service exam conducted by UPSC every year.

Doing IAS after BCA is possible as the minimum education qualification the candidate would need is a degree.

The exam consists of 3 stages of selection of Candidates:
  1. Preliminary exam.
  2. Main exam
  3. Interview.

The candidates must satisfy certain eligibility criteria's to apply for the exam:

Eligibility:

->The candidates must be a citizen of India.

->The candidate must have a age limit of 21-30 years.

->There is a exception in age limits,for SC/ST it is 35 and for OBC it is 33 and for
Ex-service men it i 5 years from the prescribed limits.

->The candidates must have a degree from a recognized university.

Attempts:

For SC/ST - No limit.
For OBC - 7
For General -4

You can apply for the exam either online or offline:

Online:

You can get the forms online from the official site of UPSC at http://www.upsconline.nic.in

(OR)

Offline:

You can get the application forms from the Head post offices where UPSC forms are sold.The candidate should fill up in the relevant places of the Acknowledgement Card, their Civil Services Application Form Number and the name of the Civil Services Examination.

The candidates should affix the postage stamp of Rs. 6/- on the Acknowledgement Card and send the same along with Civil Services Application Form to UPSC to the following address:

ControllerofExaminations,
UnionPublicServiceCommission,
DholpurHouse,
ShahajahanRoad,
New Delhi – 110 069.

For more information you can check at the official site of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in

Thank you.
16th August 2011, 05:44 PM
Unregistered

I want to know that, is BCA a graduation? or after compliting graduation from BCA can i apply for IAS exam or mppsc.
31st August 2011, 08:26 PM
dhruv007

this exam is conducted b UPSC every year. for appearing in this exam you have to complete your graduation in any stream. no minimum marks are required in throughout the academic carrier.
the age limit exist for this exam 21-30 years for a general candidates.there are 5 & 3 years relaxation for SC\ST & OBC candidates.
there are many option are available in front of you.

Anthropology
Botany
Chemistry
Civil Engineering
Commerce and Accountancy
Economics
Electrical Engineering
Geography
Geology
History
Law
Management
Mathematics
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics
Political Science and International Relations
Psychology
Public Administration
Sociology
Statistics
Zoology
1st September 2011, 05:52 PM
lovebirdskarun
Senior Member+

As you are BCA student
You can apply for civil service examination after you complete your course
As you are a sc category
Your age limit is 21 to 35
You can attempt the exam as many times as sc have no limit for attending the exam
If you want detailed information
www.upsc.gov.in
2nd September 2011, 04:24 PM
saugata2008

To become an IAS you have to go through SSC exam.the exam is conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility criteria for SSC exam -

1. Age limit= 21 to 30 years for general (for sc/st 5 years and for OBC 2 years relaxation )
2. Graduation from recognized university.

So you have to complete your graduation first.

The general category students can apply for SSC is max. 4 times.
The sc/st category students can apply for SSC max. 7 times .

Thank you
15th October 2011, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

procedure to become ias officer after b.com?
24th November 2011, 08:03 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE [IAS]

This civil service examination is conducted by the UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION[UPSC], every years.
For being eligible for this examination, you must have at least a graduation degree from a recognized college in any stream..

This civil service examination have three stages to be clear in the way of a IAS aspirant.
1.CSAT [CIVIL SERVICE ATTITUDE TEST]
2.MAINS
3.INTERVIEW [PERSONALITY TEST]

The age limit exist for this examination is 21-30 years for the GENERAL candidates.
21-33 years for the OBC candidates,
21-35 years for the SC\ST candidates .

Exam pattern-

No of attempts-
Four for the GENERAL candidates,
Seven for the OBC candidates,
No such restriction for the SC\ST candidates.

Thank you!!!
~gamble~
24th November 2011, 10:43 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Dear Friend,

It is very nice that you are determined to become an IAS officer.It is a very good job.

The selection of IAS officer is done through the Civil Service Examination conducted by the UPSC.
The eligibility criteria to apply for the civil service examination is that the candidate should be a graduate from a recognized institute and the age of the candidate should be between 21 years to 30 years.

As you are pursuing BCA you will become eligible to apply for the civil service examination after completing BCA.

You can choose to answer the examination either in Hindi or in English language.You will not have to face any difficulty. To prepare for the civil service examination you can also join a coaching.

Best Wishes.....
27th November 2011, 06:26 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Hi,,...
Sir..
You want to serve the nation , which is really appreciable..
In order to become a IAS [INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE] officer, to have to clear the civil service examination, which is conducted by the UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION [UPSC].
The minimum educational requirement for this examination is a graduation degree from a recognized college in any stream.
This civil service examination has three stages to clear -
1. CSAT [CIVIL SERVICE ATTITUDE TEST]
2. MAINS
3. INTERVIEW [PERSONALITY TEST]

CSAT exam pattern-

There are 25 optional subjects are here to opt in CSAT .

The age limit for this examination is 21-30 years, there are 5 & 3 years of the age relaxations are applicable for the SC\ST & OB candidates respectively..

No . of attempts-
Four for the general candidates,
Seven for the OBC candidates
NO SUCH RESTRICTION FOR THE SC\ST CANDIDATES

Thank you!!!
~gamble~
27th November 2011, 11:09 PM
imcoolleone

HI dear,

As a ST candidate you have a golden opportunity to crack IAS than the other students if you are interested in doing service to your mother land.

I appreciate your ambition to become a IAS officer. I will try to help you know the eligibility criterion required to attempt Civil Services examination.

First let us talk about Eligibility criteria of Civil service Examination.
->you must be a indian citizen
->you must have 21 years of minimum age.
-> you should have a degree certificate of any trade

and one important note to you is that you have relaxation as a ST candidate for 5 years after your maximum age limit. Maximum age limit of general candidate is 30 years for ST candidate is 35 years.

This is about the eligibility criteria which is required for any candidate who is going to appear for UPSC Civil Services Examination.

Next coming to procedure of this exam.

I hope you know that it as a Three stage examination pattern.

for this you will get a notification in every year you have to follow that for further proceedings.

you have to first clear CSAT( replaced by preliminary exam in the last year)
after completing this stage successfully you will get a call letter for Mains examination with Hall ticket and particulars.

after clearing this stage(Mains) too you will be called for interview then after qualifying in it also you will be given a rank for that rank you will have to select an cadre like IAS,IPS, IFS etc., in this way all the students or candidates who are applying for this exam will get jobs

This is all about main basic things that a person need to know before attempting that exam I hope you Understood

Thanks
2nd December 2011, 08:17 PM
Unregistered

i m bba student which subject is good for me
20th January 2012, 10:58 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
HI,

I.A.S exam exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Qualification:- Pass graduation with any stream fron recginiced university.

Age limit:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 YEAR
For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) EXAM., 2012
Date of notification:-04.02.2012
Last Date of receipt of form:- 05.03.2012(MONDAY)
Date of exam:- 20.05.2012(SUNDAY)

CIVIL SERVICES (MAIN) EXAM., 2012
Date of exam:- 05.10.2012(FRIDAY)

If you work hard then there is no problem atoll.
You have to chose any two optional subject.
Chose any two subject you want in which you have good command.

ALL THE BEST!
29th May 2012, 08:52 AM
climber
Senior Member+

Dear friend,

You can definately become the IAS officer after completing the BCA course.

-->>You need to attend the written examination conducted by the UPSC.

-->>The civil service examination needs to be cleared by the candidates to get in to this field.

-->>You need to be a minimum graduate in any decipline to attend the civil service examinations.

-->>The candidate need to be a minimum 21 years of age and not more than 30 years.

-->>There is relaxation in case of the age limits for the reserved categories.

-->>Those who get shortlisted in the written exam will be called for the personal Interview.

-->>The final year graduation students can also apply.

All the best..........................
31st May 2012, 11:05 AM
Unregistered

Good morning!
My name is krutarth miyawara, ans I am SC candidate, I am doing my BCA right now,
I am in 3rd year. 19 year old, so can you tell me how can I become a IAS officer The Best one,
What is fees for it? And any thing else that I must have to know......
My e~mail Address is [email protected]...
pls help me....
2nd June 2012, 04:00 PM
yudhveergvs
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Procedure to become IAS officer after BCA?

IAS

[FONT=Times New Roman]Eligibility Criteria For IAS

(i) Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2011. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories as specified in Para 3(ii) of Notice).

(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification.

(iii) No. of permissible attempts :

Four (Seven attemps of OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs.

(iv) Fee :

Rs. 100/- (Rupees one hundred only)
(No fee for SCs/STs/Physically disabled only)

good luck

[/FONT]
2nd June 2012, 05:20 PM
mnbgvs

Smile Re: Procedure to become IAS officer after BCA?

Dear,

The minimum educational qualification required is to be a graduate in any field.

Age limitation is between 21-30 years with 5 years relaxation for the SC/ST and 3 years for the OBC category.

You need to clear the CSAt i.e. civil services aptitude test in order to appear for the mains.

General awareness is must in its preparation.
Some of the important topics are history , Indian politics , geography etc.

General categories get 4 , SC/St get unlimited , ObC get 7 attempts to clear the exam.

For more details:-

http://www.upsc.gov.in/ .

Thanks.

2nd June 2012, 07:21 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria to become an IAS officer:-

1)A candidate should have a degree of graduation in any field from any recognized university.
2)A candidate in his final year is also eligible for the civil services exam. (IPS, IFS, IAS)
3)A candidate's age must be between 21 to 30 years. 3 and 5 years of relaxation for OBC and SC/ST respectively.

To crack the exam, the preparation requires the right approach along with the right study materials and strategy. You may even join coaching centers for preparation.

I would suggest you to visit the official website for detailed help regarding procedure, syllabus, exam dates, etc.
www.upsc.gov.in/
8th July 2012, 12:00 AM
Unregistered

i'am 3rd year B.com student i want to know that which type of questions will be asked in CSAT, mains& interview to become an IAS officer? pleace give me all the details& informations
24th September 2012, 10:07 PM
AshwinKumar S.Hallikar

IAS exams are highly competitive as the numbers of students giving the exam are 100 times the number of vacancies. Indian Administrative Service (IAS) is the administrative civil service of the executive branch of the Government of the Republic of India and the candidate that get selected are responsible for maintaining law and order and general maintenance of the area under their work.
RECRUITMENT is made by one of the following three methods:
• Promotion
• Transfer
• Direct Recruitment

DIRECT RECRUITMENT is conducted broadly under the following two methods:
• Recruitment by competitive examination.
• Recruitment by selection through interview.

Basic Pattern of IAS exam
Paper 1– Test is on one of the Indian Languages to be selected by the candidate from the 18 languages present in the Eight Schedule of constitution. (This is just a qualifying exam. The candidate is only required to get passing marks.)
Paper 2 – English (This is also a qualifying exam and the candidate is expected to get passing marks.)
Paper 3 (200 marks) – Essay (The candidate has to write an essay in English or any other 18 language present in the Eight Schedule of constitution)
Paper 4 & 5 (600 marks) – This paper consists of 2 tests, both based on General Studies.
Paper 6,7,8,9 (1200 marks) – Any two subjects (each having 2 papers) to be selected from the prescribed optional subjects (300 marks for each paper)
Total marks for written examination – 2000 marks
Interview marks – 300 marks
28th January 2013, 05:38 PM
mayankt

Hi,
Yes you can become an IAS officer after BCA stands for Bachelors in Computer Applications coz you should have bachelors degree from recognised university in any stream
If you want to become an IAS stands for Indian Administration Service officer for that you have to apply for civil services exam conducted by UPSC
Civil Services Exam Will be held in Three Round .
1. Preliminary Exam
2. Main Examination
3. Interview Test
1. Preliminary Exam - This is an objective type questions based test which if the candidate passes, qualifies tothe second phase.
2. Main Exam - This is a subjective type questions based test which if the candidate passes, passes to the third phase after clear this you can go for interview round
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
#Qualification
Candidate must have graduation Degree in any stream,No specific marks are required,Final year students are also eligible
#.Age Limits
For gen-21-30 years
For obc- 21-33 years
For sc/st- 21-35 years
#.Attempts
General- 4
Obc- 7
Sc/st- no limit
Notification for the next exam will come out on 2nd February 2013
Prelims exams will be held on 19th May 2013
Mains will held on
08-11-2013

for Previous Years Question Papers you can refer www.upsc.gov.in
You can fill the online application form fromthe official website www.upsconline.nic.in

Good Luck.....
9th July 2013, 11:47 AM
Unregistered

I am b.c.a student.....so whch shall i take as a optionals...plz guide me,,,,..............
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?