23rd March 2016, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

Can I try doing IAS when I am 35 years old woman candidate?

I am 35 years old now .can I try for IAS ?I am completing my 2nd year of graduation? What would be the suggestion which you will give me? Can I go and apply for the IAS or not? Can you please provide me the information soon? Thanks!

23rd March 2016, 11:56 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I try doing IAS when I am 35 years old woman candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am 35 years old now .can I try for IAS ?I am completing my 2nd year of graduation? What would be the suggestion which you will give me? Can I go and apply for the IAS or not? Can you please provide me the information soon? Thanks!
No, you are not eligible for IAS exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IAS exam. Final year candidate are also eligible for IAS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 32 years.
24th March 2016, 10:44 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service and to be an IAS officer the highest post in the administrative field one has to clear Civil Services examination.

Civil Services examination is held once every year by Union Public Service Commission in three stages which includes Preliminary test, Mains and Personal Interval respectively.

--> To be eligible for appearing in the same examination the minimum qualifications which you must possess are as :-

* You must be an Indian citizen with your age lying within 21 years to 32 years in case you belong to general category otherwise there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have either completed your graduation degree course or must be pursuing the final year of same from a recognized university.

So being a 35 years old and graduation final year student you are eligible for same examination if you belong to either SC/ST or PH category as for the general and OBC category the maximum age limit is 32 years and 35 years respectively.

For more details about the same examination you can visit the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
24th March 2016, 10:59 AM
18Angel
Senior Member+

If you fulfill all eligibility conditions then definitely you can apply for IAS exam.

Eligibility Criteria:-

Age Limit:- Upper age limit for SC/ST will be 37 years.

Upper age limit for OBC will be 35 years.

Upper age limit for General will be 32 years.

No. of attempts:-

9 attempts for OBC

6 attempts for General

No.of attempts for SC

Qualification:- Must be graduate in any stream from recognized university.
24th March 2016, 12:24 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

I.A.S stands for Indian Administrative Service and examination is conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university. The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

There is +3 years relaxation in upper age limit for OBC category where as +5 for SC/ST. So, if you belong to reserved category, you can appear for examination. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
9th March 2019, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

I am 34 year old OBC can I try doing Ias degree completed not passed and I will try to doing degree pass certificate
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?