15th June 2011, 01:26 AM
toarun4u

Am I eligible for IAS exam after passing diploma? If not then can I do MBA distance course?

Hi, i m diploma holder (10+2+3 year full time Diploma ) with computer technology (from MSBTE), and PGDIT from Symbiosis collage (Distance education ),

I would like to know if i am eligible for IAS? If no then can i go ahead with MBA (distance from sikkim manipal university which approved by UGC).

Thanks in advance.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to pursue MBA in distance after passing B.Com?
  2. Can I do MBA course after passing diploma in computer engineering?
  3. Doing Distance Education from MS University Tamilnadu : Am I eligible for IAS entrance exam? Can I do Regular MBA? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Whether B.Com distance education students are eligible for sudying MBA or not?
  5. What are the options available after completing diploma? Can I do MBA after diploma? Is diploma treated equal to degree and can a diploma student take up IAS exam?
  6. Am I eligible for admission in regular MBA course after passing BSc through distance education with 81.62%?
  7. How can i directly do MBA course after passing Diploma?
  8. Am I eligible for ABIE after doing MBA in HR through distance education and 12th from PUC?
  9. Am I eligible for ABIE after doing MBA in HR distance education and 12th in PUC?
  10. Am I eligible for IAS after completing B.Com with 53% and 61% in MBA?
  11. Will I be eligible to do MBA in Pondicherry University after completing 12+3 diploma?
  12. Eligibility of doing MBA for a diploma holder?
  13. Am I eligible to apply for MBA course after completion of 12th with 3 years diploma?
  14. Am I eligible to attend the IAS exam after completing 3 years diploma engineering? Can I apply for IAS exam?
  15. Can I be eligible for IAS exam after doing B.A in distance education?
  16. Can I be eligible for IAS exam after doing B.A in distance education?
  17. Can a BBA(Distance) candidate apply for IAS exam? Are only degree holders from Indian Universities eligible for IAS? -- [New]
  18. Can I apply for the IAS exam if I have completed diploma course in tools?
15th June 2011, 06:45 PM
spms

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for IAS exam after passing diploma? If not then can I do MBA distance course?

hai you are not eligible for both IAS and MBA
because you should complete under graduation in any of the college , diplomaa holders not eligible for doing MBA and IAS also . so you should complete any under graduation is called UG then go ahead to achieve
all the best
15th June 2011, 10:47 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS exam after passing diploma? If not then can I do MBA distance course?

No diploma holders are not eligible for IAS as Minimum education criteria = Graduate..
also Candidates appearing for Degree qualification are also eligible for appearing in the examination, however, they are supposed to submit proof of passing the requisite qualification along with with Detailed Application Form for Civil Services (Main) Examination.

So from above qualification requirement i think you can be eligible for IAS after doing MBA ...

Age limit for civil service exam is:

General category:
candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.

SC/ST:
up to a maximum of 5 years.

OBC:
up to a maximum of 3 years.
15th June 2011, 10:52 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS exam after passing diploma? If not then can I do MBA distance course?

Hi
no dear after diploma you can not give ias exam,

because for ias exam
candidate must have graduate pass
age 21 to 30 years
5 years for sc/st
3 years for obc

4 times allow for general
7 times allow for sc/st/obc
15th June 2011, 11:01 PM
MonuRai

Dear,

The eligibility criteria for the IAS exam is as follows:-

The minimum educational qualification required is to be a graduate in any field.

Age limitation is between 21-30 years for the general , 21-33 years for the OBC , 21-35 years for the SC/ST.

In case of no . of attempts , general get 4 , SC/ST get unliimited , OBC get 7 attempts to clear the exam/.

More details:- www.upsc.gov.in.

Thanks.
15th June 2011, 11:31 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

No friend, you cann't apply for the civil service exam.

For this a graduation degree is compulsory from areognised university and age should be between 21 to 30 at the time of exam
15th June 2011, 11:35 PM
sachin6

You are not eligible for ias because the eligibility is degree graduate.you are a diploma student so you are not are eligible.you can do mba .you can apply a good college.
15th June 2011, 11:41 PM
venkatgct

Quote:
Originally Posted by toarun4u View Post
Hi, i m diploma holder (10+2+3 year full time Diploma ) with computer technology (from MSBTE), and PGDIT from Symbiosis collage (Distance education ),

I would like to know if i am eligible for IAS? If no then can i go ahead with MBA (distance from sikkim manipal university which approved by UGC).

Thanks in advance.
friend,

The minimum qualification for appearing in the IAS exam as given by the UPSC is a GRADUATE from a recognised university.

as from the above ur not eligible... but if u finish an MBA ur eligible.

for more details visit: www.upsc.gov.in

regards...
15th June 2011, 11:50 PM
NITIN2
Senior Member+

Dear friend

you are neither eligible for IAS exam nor for to do MBA. To do both you have to pass degree exam with any subject then you would be eligible for the both of the exam. I want to tell you that maximum age limit of IAS exam is 30 years old.

Best of Luck
16th June 2011, 01:37 AM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

To appear in IAS exam you should complete graduation from any recognised university.your age should be in between 21 to 30.
SC/ST candidates get relaxation of 5 years and OBC get 3 years in age limit.

Diploma holders are not eligible to apply.
16th June 2011, 03:18 PM
sandymishra45

Arrow Re: Am I eligible for IAS exam after passing diploma? If not then can I do MBA distance course?

No diploma holders are not eligible for IAS as Minimum education criteria = Graduate..
also Candidates appearing for Degree qualification are also eligible for appearing in the examination, however, they are supposed to submit proof of passing the requisite qualification along with Detailed Application Form for Civil Services (Main) Examination.

So from above qualification requirement i think you can be eligible for IAS after doing MBA .
17th June 2011, 08:21 PM
amit gaur2065

sorry you are not eligible for IAS exam, because diploma holders are not allow for it, and you are eligible for MBA at a distance learning.
18th June 2011, 08:18 AM
Unregistered

Thanks a lot all , I have taken admission in mba( 2 yer) from UGC approved college, and mca(3 yer) from doeacc, can someone tell me which one is good for isa. also want to know that PGDIT is not equivalent to GRADUATION? even private companies consider 10 2 3 as GRADUATION only.
20th June 2011, 04:52 PM
toarun4u

thanks all for response......
20th June 2011, 11:40 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Thanks in advance.

sorry to say dear you cannot apply for IAS exam.

because ,for IAS exam as any Graduate from a recognised university or a college in India is the minimum eligibility criteria for IAS.

SO you need to complete your graduation to apply for IAS.

also you are not eligible for MBA programme because for MBA course you must completed your graduation.

all the best.
21st June 2011, 03:24 PM
Ramjash
Member+

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Dear Friend,

Minimum qualification to appear for IAS exam is graduation from any recognised university/college. This exam is conducted by UPSC each year.

Diplima is not authorised for it. Even you will not be able to your MBA without graduation.

Regards,

Ramjash
30th June 2011, 02:00 PM
Unregistered

Hi ,wat stream graduation can i take up after my diploma in computer science pls guide me i am very interested in teaching profession?
5th July 2011, 11:14 PM
fazlu
Member+

as you were completed the diploma i am sorry to say that you are not eligible.
you can eligible for IAS only if you will completed the graduation in engineering.
this require minimum graduation in any field with recognized university.
16th July 2011, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

HOW MANY BACKLOG SUBJECT IN CHANGING THE BRANCH FROM IT TO ELECTRICAL BRANCH
4th August 2011, 11:35 PM
Unregistered

Diploma in e.c.e completed iam eligible for I.A.S .PLEASE SEND THE MY MAIL ([email protected])
31st August 2011, 05:10 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Unhappy Re: Am I eligible for IAS exam after passing diploma? If not then can I do MBA distance course?

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Hey friend,

I am afraid that you cannot apply for the IAS exam as being a diploma student you cannot apply for the IAS exam as regarding the eligibility conditions.

You need to have got a degree from a recognized university with a fair percentage as far regarding the education qualification of IAS.

You must have a age limit of 21-30 years.There are certain upper age relaxations for SC/ST,OBC candidates.

The candidates are selected by;

Preliminary exam.
Main exam
Interview.
9th November 2011, 09:18 PM
VegaSridhar

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Hi,

The minimum qualification to appear either for IAS or MBA is GRADUATION.
With reference to that point this is too early and you are not eligible fro those two. But if you complete your graduation either full time or part time, you will get the eligibility.

IGNOU,ICFAI,ANNA UNIVERSITY,AMBEDKAR OPEN UNIVERSITY, KARNATAKA OPEN UNIVERSITY ARE OOFERING DISTANCE DEGREE PROGRAMS. YOU CAN CHEKC THAT OPTION ALSO.

All the best
14th November 2011, 06:13 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Respected sir,No diploma holders are not eligible for IAS as Minimum education criteria = Graduate..
also Candidates appearing for Degree qualification are also eligible for appearing in the examination, however, they are supposed to submit proof of passing the requisite qualification along with with Detailed Application Form for Civil Services (Main) Examination.

So from above qualification requirement i think you can be eligible for IAS after doing MBA ...

General category:
candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.
SC/ST:
OBC:
Good luck,
14th November 2011, 06:25 PM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Respected sir,No diploma holders are not eligible for IAS as Minimum education criteria = Graduate..

General category:
SC/ST:
OBC:
Good luck,
1st January 2012, 01:22 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for UGC NET exam after passing PGDIT from symbiosys distance learning college? If not then can I do anything else?
29th July 2012, 09:17 PM
johan mishra
Junior Member+

hai you are not eligible for both IAS and MBA
because you should complete under graduation in any of the college , diplomaa holders not eligible for doing MBA and IAS also . so you should complete any under graduation is called UG then go ahead to achieve
all the best
26th January 2013, 08:07 PM
mayankt

Hi,
No you are not eligible for IAS exam after passing diploma this is coz diploma holders are not eligible but you can do MBA even from distance course but make sure your collage is recognised by UGC OR EQUALENT

If you want to become an IAS officer for that you have to apply for civil services exam
Civil Services Exam Will be held in Three Round .
1. Preliminary Exam
2. Main Examination
3. Interview Test
1. Preliminary Exam - This is an objective type questions based test which if the candidate passes, qualifies tothe second phase.
2. Main Exam - This is a subjective type questions based test which if the candidate passes, passes to the third phase after clear this you can go for interview round

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
#Qualification
Candidate must have graduation Degree in any stream,No specific marks are required,Final year students are also eligible
#.Age Limits
For gen-21-30 years
For obc- 21-33 years
For sc/st- 21-35 years
#.Attempts
General- 4
Obc- 7
Sc/st- no limit
Notification for the next exam will come out on 2nd February 2013
Prelims exams will be held on 19th May 2013
Mains will held on
08-11-2013

Good Luck...
27th January 2013, 09:35 AM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
HI!
I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for I.A.S or M.B.A after passing diploma.

For M.B.A you have to pass graduation with any stream with minimum 50% marks.
There is no age limit for M.B.A course.

For I.A.S you have to pass graduation with any stream from recognized university.

The age limit for I.A.S exam is:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 YEAR
For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year

So, friend you pass graduation you can apply in both I.A.S or M.B.A exam.

ALL THE BEST!
13th June 2013, 12:33 PM
Paliyal79

Hi friend
you are not eligible for both IAS and MBA.
You are only a diploma holder.
IAS is a civil service exam and minimum qualification for join this is graduation in any stream from a recognized university.
Age limit is 21 to 30.5 years upper age relaxation for the SC/ST candidates and 3 years for OBC candidates.
MBA is apost graduation course and do this graduation in any stream with minimum 50% marks is necessary.
GOOD LUCK8-)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?