27th August 2011, 08:02 PM
sumantra mukherjee

Am I eligible for IGNOU after scoring 49.92%?

I am sumantra mukherjee completed graduation from Calcutta university with B.sc pass (bio-science) so now i want to do M.sc in Zoology or Microbiology from IGNOU.
My percentage of marks in my graduation is 49.92% so i want know did i eligible to admit in IGNOU or please tell me the way where I should complete my M.sc in Zoology.

28th August 2011, 03:08 AM
belide
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IGNOU after scoring 49.92%?

You can try to get in to IGNOU if you try to your best......
Im cleraing you about the eligibility....

Eligibility:

Graduation in any discipline with 50 per cent marks of General Category and 45 per cent marks for reserved category.

OR
Bachelor's degree with three years of supervisory/ managerial/professional experience, or Professional Degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Medicine/ Architecture/ Law/ Pharmacy or Professional Qualifications in Accountancy/ Cost and Works Accountancy/ Company Secretaryship etc. or Masters Degree in any subject.

Clearance of OPENMAT conducted by IGNOU. The candidates who have successfully cleared the entrance test for admission into Management Programme conducted by institutions like CAT, MAT, and State level tests need not appear in OPENMAT.

Non-graduates (10+2 or equivalent) with six years of managerial/ supervisory/ professional experience are eligible for taking admission into Diploma in Management only after clearing the entrance test.
28th August 2011, 03:11 AM
angeleye

Hello,
Yes you are eligible for applying in IGNOU for M.Sc in zoology after completion of graduation. As you have scored more than 45%+ so you are definitely eligible for apply for M.Sc.
IGNOU provide you the distance learning facility so you can work and study simultaneously.
28th August 2011, 04:35 AM
Mannu2525

Dear,
Yes, You are eligible for IGNUO but not for M.Sc because M.Sc is the regular course in which you will going to perform lot of experiments which would not be possible through IGNUO.
As your graduation percentage is near to 50%, you should try to go for regular M.Sc.
eligibility marks for M.Sc is 50% but it vary from different-different university. You should try at SRM university chennai or osamia university, hyderabad.

Best of Luck for your future!

With Regards,
~Manvendra~
28th August 2011, 10:10 AM
iamankita

SORRY...........NO..... You are not eligible to admit in IGNOU. Because at least 50 per cent marks in aggregate or an equivalent grade for General candidates is required to admit your self for Master degree.
16th September 2011, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

I have a Masters degree in Anthropology from TU on Nepal and have secured over 50% marks in aggregate. Fore more than a decade i have been involving in Community Development work; Water and sanitation development in remote rural hills of Nepal. i had 2 years' diploma, similar year's degree after 12 higher secondary school. so my query is; could i join PhD programme in your university (for specialization in social science/sociology/anthropology)?

Your response would be much appreciated

with regards
Rohit Limbu.....
3rd February 2012, 02:58 PM
RATAN SINGH RATHORE
Senior Member+

HI DEAR FRIEND,

Yes you are eligible for applying in IGNOU for M.Sc in zoology after completion of graduation.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:-

Graduation in any discipline with 50 per cent marks of General Category and 45 per cent marks for reserved category.

BEST OF LUCK
19th February 2012, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

sir please tell me what is BCA course and how many percentage are required for this course please tell me
21st April 2013, 03:33 PM
Unregistered

when will the notification for b.ed 2013 be published?
10th May 2013, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

am i eligible for ignou msc in life science after scoring 48% marks in bsc.?
18th June 2013, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

I have 49.8% in graduaion and 51% in post graduation can i eligible ignu b.ed. programe.
19th January 2021, 10:57 PM
Unregistered

i have 49.8 percentage in graduation i am eligible for b.ed
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?