20th April 2015, 12:16 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Ph.D from IGNOU after completion of MA English with 50% from IGNOU?

I have passed my MA English with fifty percent from IGNOU and I want to know whether I am eligible to do my Ph.D from IGNOU? What should be done for it now? Can you please give me the information as soon as possible for the same? Thanks!

20th April 2015, 02:58 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D from IGNOU after completion of MA English with 50% from IGNOU?

According to the notification of IGNOU Ph.D admission one must have at least 55% marks in Master's degree for becoming eligible for admission. For reserved category candidates there is relaxation of 5% marks and they need only 50% marks in their Master's degree from a recognized University.

Therefore, if you belong to reserved category then only you will be eligible for admission, otherwise, you can't apply for it. The only way available for you will be to go for M.Phil degree and after that you can apply for Ph.D admission if you fulfill the percentage criteria.
4th October 2016, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Ph.D from IGNOU after completion of MA English with 50% from IGNOU?

Am I eligible to do M.phil in English from IGNOU after getting 51% in MA English from IGNOU?
4th December 2016, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed MA in English in 64% can I do phd in English in ignou. Is there any job for me in ignou?
27th September 2017, 01:59 PM
Unregistered

Will I become a lecturer in English after completing my master's from IGNOU ?
20th October 2017, 11:35 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do mphil in english from IGNOU after completion of M.A in english with 51.9% from WBSU
28th May 2018, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

Am i eligible to do Ph.d from IGNOU after completion of MA in Sanskrit with 60% from IGNOU?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?