30th June 2013, 12:39 AM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for IIT JEE mains and advanced exam?

sir i want to take physics,chemistry,maths,english and physical education in class 12th?
am i able for IIT jee main and advanced exam

30th June 2013, 09:03 AM
Palak_

Default Re: Am i eligible for IIT JEE mains and advanced exam?

Yes, you are . I took the same subjects and gave both.

For jee advanced you need to come in top 20 percentile in your board and also in top 1.5 lakhs in jee main.
Example, for this year -
1. Students who have scored over 78.2 per cent marks in their class XII CBSE exam(General Category) are only eligible.
2.Cut off marks in jee main = 113/360 (general category)
30th June 2013, 01:12 PM
subhashrajpurohit

Dear Friend,

It is good that you want to Appear in IIT-JEE Exam.

If you select Physics, chemistry and Mathematics in Class 12th Then you will be Eligible for Only IIT-JEE Mains. To Be Eligible for IIT-JEE Advanced you Must Passed IIT-JEE Mains Exam with Rank Under 1,50,000.

Brief Details of IIT-JEE Exam =>

IIT-JEE Stands for Indian Institute of Technology-Joint Entrance Examination.

IIT-JEE exam is very Reputed Entrance Exam in India. This Exam is conduct for Admission in Under Graduation Degree Course of Engineering Stream.

If you want to Face IIT-JEE Then you have to Passed 12th Class with 65% with PCM Subjects. if you are in 12th Class then you can Apply for IIT-JEE exam.

IIT-JEE exam Changed Pattern from Session 2012-2013. From 2013-2013 IIT-JEE Conducts Two Examination.

IIT-JEE Mains
IIT-JEE Advanced

IIT Make This Decision For Hard Competition for Admission in IIT Colleges. Those Who Get Rank Under 1,50,000 in IIT Mains exam they Will be Eligible for IIT Advanced. IIT Mains Rank
Decide on:
60% Marks of Mains Exam + 40% of 12th Board Marks.
After Completing Advanced you will Get Admission in IIT College.

Good Luck.......
30th June 2013, 04:14 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

hai,

IIT-JEE stands for Indian Institute of Technology- Joint Entrance Exam

This exam is conducted by IITs each year one of the IITs acts as the organizing Institute for the overall operation of JEE.

There is two Phases following are:

IIT-JEE mains

IIT JEE Advanced

1.IIT-JEE Mains Eligibility:

Candidate should have complete graduation in science stream (Physcis,chemistry and Mathematics) from a recognized board or University.

Candidate should be secured 75% of marks in 12th standard.

Candidate age should be not be above 25 years.

2.IIT-JEE Advanced Eligibility Criteria:

Candidate should be secure marks in IIT-JEE Mains should be 85%.

Candidate Ranking in JEE Mains should be under 1.5 Lakhs.

Those 80% of marks 12th with PCM(Physics,chemistry and Mathematics)
then that candidate will only able to apply for this IIT-JEE Advanced exam.

regards...santhosh...............
30th June 2013, 04:19 PM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir i want to take physics,chemistry,maths,english and physical education in class 12th?
For appearing in Joint Engineering Entrance Exam,you will required to meet these Eligibility conditions :
  • Your minimum education qualification should be 10+2 from recognized board/university.
  • Your age should not be above 25 years.
  • You should have science stream in 10+2 with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics.
  • Your minimum marks in class 12th should be 70%.
  • Your Average marks in Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics in class 12th should be 60%.
  • You should be pass in Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics in class 12th.
English will be your compulsory paper in Class 12th and it will be better for you if you medium of study will be English or if you will complete your Inter from English medium board that is either through CBSE/ICSE Board.

In class 12th five papers are acceptable.If you have less then that then you will not be able to apply for this exam.So you will have to keep five papers as compulsory paper.These five papers should be :
  1. English.
  2. Physics.
  3. Chemistry.
  4. Mathematics.
  5. Hindi/Sanskrit/Urdu/Regional Language.
Other Optional papers which you can kept at 10+2 level are :
  • Computer Science.
  • Physical Education.
  • Music.
  • Biology.
  • Economics.
  • Statistics.

30th June 2013, 07:49 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

To become eligible for JEE you must pass 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Maths.

Hence you can take the subject combination that you have mentioned because it will surely make you eligible for JEE Mains.

For JEE Advanced you have to clear JEE mains with top marks. Only top rankers in JEE mains will be selected for JEE Advanced.

So take the PCM stream and start your preparation for JEE along with the 10+2 studies. The syllabus of 11th and 12th class is very important in JEE.

The Objective Type questions will be related to Physics, Chemistry and Maths. Hence concentrate on these subjects for JEE preparation.

The exam duration will be of 3 hours and there will be 1/4 negative mark for every wrong answer.

For more information visit http://www.jeemain.nic.in
30th June 2013, 07:55 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Its not called IIT-JEE anymore but only JEE which stands for Joint Entrance Exam. This new entrance exam has replaced IIT-JEE and All India Engineering Entrance Exam (AIEEE).

So as far as your question is concerned, to apply for the Joint Entrance Exam, you should have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in Class 12th. Since you are planning to take all there, there will be no issue in appearing for the Joint Entrance Exam.

While these subjects will make you eligible to appear for the JEE Mains, whether you can appear for JEE Advanced or not purely depends on your performance in the JEE Mains entrance exam.

I should point out that JEE Mains is the replacement of AIEEE. Which means that All India quota seats are now offered through JEE Mains. While JEE Advanced is only mandatory for candidates who wishes to apply in Indian Institutes of Technology. If that is not your intention then there is no need to apply for the JEE Advanced.

JEE Eligibility

1. You should pass 12th standard.

2. Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry subjects in 12th are required.

3. 3 or 4 years diploma in Engineering holders are also eligible.

4. There is no percentage criteria.

5. The age limit is 25 years for the exam.

6. Up to 5 years relaxation for SC/ST.

7. There are 3 consecutive attempts per candidate.

8. You will first appear for the JEE Mains.

9. Only the top 150,000 who cleared Mains can appear for JEE Advanced.
30th June 2013, 11:44 PM
Dharm27
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Dear Aspirant,

$$ IIT-JEE stands for the Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Exam this exam is conducted for those candidate who are wishing to join further study in the Technical field.....

$$ A candidate who have completed their 12th Science with Physics, Chemistry and Maths Subjects are eligible for applying This exam....

$$ A candidate can apply for IIT-JEE maximum 2 years considering from the year of passing their 12th exam to IIT Exam......

$$ Since, you have completed your your 12th Science with the subject of Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English then you can definitely eligible for this exam.........

There are mainly Two Types of Exam:
  1. Objective Type
  2. Written Exam

Books for the IIT Exam:-

• Problems in Calculus of One Variable by I.A. Maron
  • Higher Algebra by Hall & Knight
  • University Physics
  • Fundamentals of Physics
  • Organic Chemistry for IIT-JEE by Carey A Francis, Shishir Mittal
  • New Pattern IIT JEE Chemistry by R. K. Gupta

All the best

With Regards...
Dharm
18th August 2013, 08:57 PM
maruthidevi

Dear Friend,

It is good that you want to Appear in IIT-JEE Exam.

If you select Physics, chemistry and Mathematics in Class 12th Then you will be Eligible for Only IIT-JEE Mains. To Be Eligible for IIT-JEE Advanced you Must Passed IIT-JEE Mains Exam with Rank Under 1,50,000.

Brief Details of IIT-JEE Exam =>

IIT-JEE Stands for Indian Institute of Technology-Joint Entrance Examination.

IIT-JEE exam is very Reputed Entrance Exam in India. This Exam is conduct for Admission in Under Graduation Degree Course of Engineering Stream.

If you want to Face IIT-JEE Then you have to Passed 12th Class with 65% with PCM Subjects. if you are in 12th Class then you can Apply for IIT-JEE exam.

IIT-JEE exam Changed Pattern from Session 2012-2013. From 2013-2013 IIT-JEE Conducts Two Examination.

IIT-JEE Mains
IIT-JEE Advanced

IIT Make This Decision For Hard Competition for Admission in IIT Colleges. Those Who Get Rank Under 1,50,000 in IIT Mains exam they Will be Eligible for IIT Advanced. IIT Mains Rank
Decide on:
60% Marks of Mains Exam + 40% of 12th Board Marks.
After Completing Advanced you will Get Admission in IIT College.

Good Luck.......
25th August 2013, 02:48 PM
SUBHABRATA_PATRA

Smile Re: Am i eligible for IIT JEE mains and advanced exam?

Seems to me that you haven't yet gone through your 12th board exams.
The subjects u have chosen give u a thumbs up on your eligibility for IIT.

Recently the entrance to IIT procedure has been drastically changed.

First of all u have to give 2 exams to reach the IITs:
1. JEE Mains: For NITs, IIITs,etc
2. JEE Advance: For top 150000 lakh students based on JEE Mains marks for all categories.

Once selected for JEE Advance.
Your admission to IITs is only possible if you score your 12th board results are within the top 20 percent of the total students in your respective boards individually. That is if you are above 80 percentile in your board.

I think that will be enough to clear your Doubts
4th June 2015, 08:14 PM
Unregistered

Sir i have got 48 marks in maths 89 in physics & 83 in chemistry and my overall percentage in 12 board exam is 75% . If i drop this year for jee mains can i get admission in any nit college ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?