20th December 2010, 07:24 PM
YADAVRAHUL02

My left eye(4/60) is too weak and right eye is perfect : Am I eligible for IES exam?

sir
i have done B.TECH in mechanical engineering
now i am doing m.tech from IIT KANPUR in MATERIAL SCIENCE PROGRAM which is an interdisciplinary branch . I Wants to be appear in IES exam , but my left eye is too weak (4/60) and right eye is perfect so please tell me Am i eligible for IES or not
i would be very thankful to you

20th December 2010, 11:43 PM
nishant1110

Default Re: My left eye(4/60) is too weak and right eye is perfect : Am I eligible for IES exam?

I don't think there should be any problem with IES, because binocular vision is only needed for depth-perception, and since your right eye is OK, you can do everything else nicely. So don't worry, give IES. Weak depth-perception will probably not harm your career.
20th December 2010, 11:43 PM
amahajan

Smile Re: My left eye(4/60) is too weak and right eye is perfect : Am I eligible for IES exam?

Hiii
Thtough my search i have nowhere found that for the IES exam the board asks for eyesight. secondly I have a friend exactly the same case with him he has one eye perfect and other one weak but he wrote the exam and he has cleared the exam too and going to appear for the interview. so in my opinion you can also write the IES exam
21st December 2010, 12:22 AM
ndpiparava

Default Re: My left eye(4/60) is too weak and right eye is perfect : Am I eligible for IES exam?

hi dear, i like to tell you should not apply for IES...if you wanna more detail than just go on following site..but yoou can't apply for IES as you are not fit in physical criteria...best luck

www.iesexam.com
23rd December 2010, 03:15 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

probable you will be eligible for IES job. after using glass i think you should not have any problem. and this much weakness of eye is not considered in IES.

but for exact information contact with the IES sector. you may visit the website www.iesexam.com to know the contact details.

best wishes.
23rd December 2010, 05:05 PM
deepanshu sethi

According to knowledge of mine
in IES there is no need 6/6 eyesight,
It allows spectacles.
So you can eailly apply for it!
23rd December 2010, 05:44 PM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

hello friend,
from my search i am glad to say hat you you arte probable for IES exam ,i don't think so in IES exam eyesight is considered you can apply for exam by using glasses for more imformation you check the imformation brochure for further detail contact to website www.iesexam.com to know details.
best wishes.......
23rd December 2010, 07:39 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

1)you can write the Exam for IES ,No such condition is given in the Application,

#Basic Medical fitness is only checked

Best of luck
23rd December 2010, 11:19 PM
bikenindia

hi,
i think there wont be any problem since IES is not like military service and its not related with the vision problem.

All the best.
23rd December 2010, 11:29 PM
asahu47
Senior Member+++

hiiii,,

eyesight has nothing to do with IES post...
Just apply for it..

good luck
24th December 2010, 08:04 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: My left eye(4/60) is too weak and right eye is perfect : Am I eligible for IES exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by YADAVRAHUL02 View Post
sir
i have done B.TECH in mechanical engineering
now i am doing m.tech from IIT KANPUR in MATERIAL SCIENCE PROGRAM which is an interdisciplinary branch . I Wants to be appear in IES exam , but my left eye is too weak (4/60) and right eye is perfect so please tell me Am i eligible for IES or not
i would be very thankful to you
hey man,

don't demoralize your self because no such criteria there in IES and

yours is without glass, after having a power lense glass you can correct your vision.

For more details, visit http://www.upsc.gov.in/general/engg.htm

good luck..
3rd July 2011, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

i'm persuinig b.tech in electrical engineering.my vision is 6/24 with spectcles.am i eligible for ies
6th August 2011, 08:10 PM
Unregistered

i use -5D glasses for fair vision..shall i eligible for IES exam?
26th November 2011, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

is there any minimum height and weight requirements for ies exam
3rd February 2012, 10:53 PM
Unregistered

my left eye 6/6 and right eye 6/18 can I appear IES(upsc) exam???
7th March 2012, 12:32 PM
Unregistered

my height is 155cm can it is ok for ies physical qulification
5th September 2012, 05:41 PM
Unregistered

I wish to know which PSU's don't offer jobs to a candidate with colorblindness in technical department?.
31st March 2013, 08:33 AM
Unregistered

helo sir/madam
can you please tell me wether AMBILYOPIA case of eye is acceptable or not for ISRO, HAL , IES, AND PSU'S.The amblyopia is the eye weakness in which one eye is weaker and normally other eye is ok 6/6. BUT AMBLYOPIA CAN NOT BE TREATED WITH GLASS and my left eye is 6/60. Please tell me.
7th July 2013, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

my left eye is weak its 6/18 n right eye is okk............m i eligble for IES or not????????/
13th September 2013, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

you can give exam and unlike ioc or other psus(restriction of specs), there are posts for high myopiac person in most of the engineering branches in ES. i personally know a person in ies with high myopia,but it depend on whether you have only specs problem or other pathogenic one.as such severe myopia may not make you unfit but it is ultimately in hand of govt.
2nd November 2013, 05:23 AM
Unregistered

Sir my both eye sight powers are -13;am I eligible for any PSU
11th March 2014, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

iam 8th sem. engineering student and my iam blind from my left eye but my right is 6/6 . I was not born blind , actuly while playing cricket the ball hitted on my left eye and i lost my vision in december 2013 , i dnt knw now that while filling the applctn form should i go for VH quota or not ? Please help me guys , m very tensed about my career . And should iam eligible for IAS nd IES ? And ny other govt. Job with one eye ?
16th July 2014, 11:01 AM
Unregistered

my left eye vision is 3/60 and right eye is 6/6. I am mechanical engineering BE graduate. Now I want to know IES, DRDO, ISRO and PSU, where it wont cause any problem in fitness criterion. Please give your valuable comments.
2nd April 2015, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

i'm b.tech(civil ) final year student .my vision in one eye is completely lost but one eye is completely fine . In IES(Indian engineering Service ) ,there is restriction on Visual Impairment student to apply bcz there is no Technical post for monocular Vision . Can I apply in general category for Non Technical Job ???
5th September 2017, 12:34 PM
Unregistered

My left eye vision is 6/60 which is corrected to 6/36 but right eye is 6/6 .can anyone please tell me is I am eligible for ISRO SCIENIENTIST/ENGINEER SC post.?
Please anyone tell me..
27th September 2018, 12:45 AM
Unregistered

Hi, myself Rahul my one eye affects by amblyopia , and one eye is perfect, I am complete Diploma engineering in Electrical. Please suggest which kind government job, can I apply.
19th April 2019, 09:27 AM
Unregistered

I have amblyopia in my right eye with 6/36 and left with 6/6. Can i get a job of government junior engineer in rrb, ssc, etc. i have diploma in civil engineering.
2nd September 2021, 10:02 AM
Unregistered

Hello,
My left eye is a lazy eye. The vision is only about 10-15%.
My Right eye is also a bit weak for which i wear spectacles.
Now
My Question
In SSC CGL Under which category i will be giving exam.
Is it VH-Visually Handicapped or LV-Low Vision.
I am confused please help me out.
Thank You
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?