6th September 2012, 10:29 AM
shekinaluke27

Am I eligible to join Biotechnology course after completion of 10+2 in Computer Science?

Can I study biotechnology after completing my +2 in computer science group?

6th September 2012, 04:50 PM
Salmankhn793

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Biotechnology course after completion of 10+2 in Computer Science?

Hello dear user,

Biotechnology engineering is a branch of engineering where technology is combined with biology for research & development. Biotechnology involves wide range of subjects such as engineering, genetics, biochemistry, microbiology and chemistry. There are various applications of biotechnology in fields such as animal husbandry, growth of vaccines and medicines, agriculture, pollution control, energy production and conservation, healing of prolonged disease and ecological conservation. It also helps in development of insecticides, fertilizers and quality of seeds.
A candidate who specializes in this field is known as a biotechnologist.

Basic Eligibility:-

For admission in a bachelor¡¯s degree, the candidate must have passed the higher secondary school certificate (10 2) examination with science subject such as biology, maths and chemistry. For IITs, It is mandatory to qualify in the Joint Entrance Examinations (J.E.E). The duration for the course is 4 years.

Specializations:-
Some of its specialized fields are: -

*. Genetics
*. Virology
*. Ecology
*. Immunology
*. Biophysics
*. Bio-statistics
*. Fisheries
*. Biochemistry
*. Pharmacology
*. Microbiology
*. Molecular Biology
*. Animal Husbandry

Hope it helps
15th March 2013, 06:10 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Biotechnology course after completion of 10 2 in Computer Science?

Sir,
now iam in 2 and waiting for the result...I got only 66% in my first year. Iam studiying 2 computer science course..what course is suitable for me ??
10th May 2013, 06:43 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Biotechnology course after completion of 10 2 in Computer Science?

I'm 2 in computer science biotechnology field me?
23rd October 2013, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

I'am in 2 and my subject is phy,chem,bio&i want to know,how i can do biotech
19th June 2015, 04:51 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join food technology course after completion of 2 in computer science?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?