27th August 2016, 11:46 AM
vikram2802299

Am I eligible to join Indian Army as Clerk?

Sir I have scored 33% marks in Maths and 40% marks in English and my overall percentage is 50.1. Sir, please tell me i am eligible or not to join Indian Army as a clerk?

28th August 2016, 12:56 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Army as Clerk?

You are not eligible to join Indian Army as Clerk.

The following are the eligibility required to Indian Army as Clerk

->>Candidate must have 12th/Intermediate exam passed in any stream (Arts/ Commerce/ Science) .

->>Candidate must secure at least 50% marks in aggregate and at least 40% in each subject.

->>The age limit is 17.5 - 23 years

->>Height:-167 cms, relaxable for certain regions.

->>Weight:-50 kg, relaxable for certain regions.

->>Chest:-77/82 cm.
30th August 2016, 09:04 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Army as Clerk?

Since you are interested in Indian Army as Clerk then I would like to inform you that you for that you will have to appear and qualify its entrance examination which includes Rally followed by Common Entrance Examination ( CEE ).

* For appearing in the same examination for the posts of Soldier Clerk, the minimum eligibility criteria are as following :-

i) You must have the nationality of India.

ii) Your age must be 17.5 years to 23 years.

iii) You must have completed your Class 12th in any discipline with a minimum of 50% aggregate from a recognized board. Also your marks in each of your subject of Class 12th must be atleast 40%.

So it is evident from above fact that having only 33 marks in Mathematics you does not satisfy the educational requirement for the your recruitment as Clerk in Indian Army. But you have the option for your recruitment as tradesmen like Musician, Sports Person, Cook, Driver, etc. .

For further details about the different types of entries in Indian Army you can visit its official website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?