17th June 2012, 03:56 AM
stalwaria

Am I eligible to join M.Sc in Mathematics after completion of BCA course?

I have done BCA. Am I eligible for MSc MAthematics,....

17th June 2012, 02:11 PM
Anmol virmani

Default Re: Am I eligible to join M.Sc in Mathematics after completion of BCA course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalwaria View Post
yes,my friend you will be able to do m.sc. mathematics.
Kurukshetra university offer this course
17th June 2012, 02:16 PM
jyoti91

Default Re: Am I eligible to join M.Sc in Mathematics after completion of BCA course?

Admission is based on merit, and on the availability of funds. The University has certain minimum requirements for admission to graduate study, which we summarize below:

For admission into the Master's program in Mathematics, you should have an honours Bachelor's degree in Mathematics with a final year average equivalent to B+ standing at McMaster for all courses in Mathematics.

For students applying from outside Canada and the United States, click here for more detailed guidelines for admission. Applicants without a Canadian or United States MSc should apply to the MSc programme. Students may apply for promotion to the PhD programme after one year.

If you do not satisfy these requirements, you are welcome to discuss your options with either the chair or the Mathematics Graduate Student Advisor.
17th June 2012, 02:34 PM
karthu
Senior Member+

Cool Re: Am I eligible to join M.Sc in Mathematics after completion of BCA course?

Quote:
hai
Thse who have passed BA(Hons)/B.Sc(Hons) in Maths can apply for M.Sc in Mathematics.They should have scored a minimum of 60% in mathematics.
50% seats in this course will be filled on merit basis from the above category and the other 50% from entrance test.
For the entrance test, the candidates who has obtained bachelor degree in any subject and has qualified atleast 3 courses each of 1 year duration or 6 courses each of 1 semester in maths securing atleast 45% in aggregate will be eligible.
17th June 2012, 04:38 PM
lakshmi dhana

Yes you are eligible for p.g since you have completed BCA I suggest you to do M.Sc in C.T.,I.T., and other computer related branches
17th June 2012, 04:57 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Candidates who have completed their graduation as mathematics as one of their subjects will only be eligible to give this exam.
Final year students can also apply for the same.
Minimum age should be 20 years.

Thus you are not eligible to give this exam.
29th December 2012, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

Am i elihible for mcs mathematics?i have done b.com.
4th February 2013, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligigle to Join M.sc in mathematics. I have done my B.com,
B.Ed.(math & science)
27th April 2013, 12:16 PM
Unregistered

dear i completed B.tech computers ,i m interested to study msc maths in distance mode ...i m eligible or not
plz send ur reply to [email protected]
25th June 2013, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

Can i apply for m.sc mathematics after completion of bca . I have maths is a compulsory subject in 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th sem.
4th July 2013, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join M.Sc. Mathematics in Govt. Universities after completion of B.E. Electronics.
Joseph.
4th July 2013, 03:29 PM
joecap89

I have done a BE in Electronics. Am I eligible for MSC Mathematics in Government universities?
9th August 2013, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my B.tech in Textiles and MBA in International Business. plus i have completed my BEd (in Maths and Science as teaching Subjects), result is awaited. Can i do MA in Maths or Msc In Maths through Correspondence?
Please send your responses on [email protected]
10th August 2013, 05:22 PM
eduforall
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Hi,

No , you are not eligible for doing M.Sc. in Mathematics after completion of BCA course.

Since you have not studied Maths in BCA, as a subject , you are not eligible for M.Sc. Mathematics.

Eligibility for M.Sc. Mathematics ~~

Candidate should have completed bachelors in Mathematics, or have studied Mathematics as one subject in graduation.

Graduation should have done from a recognised university.

Candidate must have scored 60% in graduation to be eligible to apply.

Most of the universities conduct an entrance test for admission in M.Sc..
Some universities offer admission on the basis of marks obtained in graduation ( on the basis of merit )

So, you can not apply for M.Sc. Mathematics now but you can try for other post graduate courses like M.Sc. in IT or MCA.
30th August 2013, 10:36 PM
Unregistered

i have done b.tech,b.ed(math,comp) ,am i eligible for msc math

[email protected]
14th January 2014, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

I have done a B.Tech in Mechanical Engg.Am I eligible to join M.Sc in Mathematics?
8th June 2014, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do M.Sc in mathematics after completion of BSc IT.please help
27th September 2014, 11:18 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my graduation in bca now I want to give additional exam of math is I'm illegible. For giving additional exam from pu
26th May 2015, 02:32 PM
Unregistered

AM I ELIGIBLE FOR M.SC(MATHS) AFTER COMPLETION OF B.C.A COURSE
21st September 2018, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

If the aggregate percentage of a person in bsc maths from cu is 45% then that person is not eligible for msc?
Is there any option left for msc?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?