16th June 2011, 02:56 PM
muthututicorin

Am I eligible for lecturer in government aided college in Tamilnadu? I am having Ph.D in Economics

Dear Sir,
I am having Phd in economics.Recently I have completed MBA in Distance mode. Am I eligible for lecturer in government aided collge in Tamilnadu.
Regards,
P.Muthukumar

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for lecturer post in government aided colleges of Tamilnadu after completing MBA through distance mode?
  2. Can I apply for correspondence PhD in Maths programme in Tamil Nadu or Kerala if completed M.Phil from Madras University being a lecturer?
  3. Am I eligible for the position of Lecturer in Tamil Nadu Government and Aided colleges having completed M.Phil in Physics and doing Ph.D?
  4. How to join as a lecturer in government engineering college or Aided Engineering college
  5. Information about part time PhD in Mathematics for person working as Guest Lecturer for Maths?
  6. How to prepare for the interview of Deputy Field Officer, DFO(GD)?
  7. Am i eligible for the post of assistant professor in government aided colleges? I am working as a lecturer under self finance scheme in B.Ed college
  8. Details of doing PhD in Economics at Bangalore?
  9. Which college can I get after scoring 82 cutoff? Can I get Tamilnadu government and government aided colleges in Tamilnadu?
  10. Can i become a government Lecturer with B.Sc. and MBA qualifications? -- [New]
  11. Is it beneficial to study PhD in Economics for M.Sc(Economics) candidate?
  12. How can I get direct admission to study PhD in Mathematics if completed M.Sc and working as a Lecturer?
  13. Am I eligible for Government lecturer jobs after completion of Ph.D in Microbiology?
  14. Can I do M.A. in Maths from government aided inter college?
  15. Cut off marks required for Aerospace engineering in government aided colleges of Tamil Nadu?
  16. Are there any scholarships available through TANCET to do M.E in Government, Government Aided and Self Funded Engineering Colleges in Tamilnadu? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Am I eligible for government or aided college after finishing BSc Maths with 88.86%
  18. List lecturer job options under government sector for BE degree holders?
10th April 2015, 12:29 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for lecturer in government aided college in Tamilnadu? I am having Ph.D in Economics

Yes, in terms of academic qualification, you are eligible for the post of Lecturer in Government college but to become a lecturer in Government college, you need to qualify University Grants Commission National Eligibility Test.

Eligibility Criteria for UGC NET:

1. Candidates need to have minimum of master's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

2. Minimum % of marks need in master's degree is 55% for general and OBC candidate, 5% relaxation of marks for SC/ST category candidates.

3. Upper age limit for Junior Research Fellowship is 28 years. No upper age limit for Lectureship posts.

Since you have completed your master's degree in business administration and if your have secured 55% marks, you can apply for the exam.

For any further details, visit the official website of UGC NET: www.ugcnetonline.in.
15th April 2015, 10:28 PM
poojasingh151

Default Re: Am I eligible for lecturer in government aided college in Tamilnadu? I am having Ph.D in Economics

For becoming lecturer in government aided colleges in Tamil Nadu, you will have to crack the National Eligibility test conducted by UGC.

Eligibility criteria:

~~Master's degree in any stream from a recognized university with at least 55% marks for general category candidates and OBC. For SC/ST, it is only 50% marks.

~~Upper age limit for lecturers is not defined. You can appear at any age.

Official website of UGC: www.ugcnetonline.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?